Just booked Breeze for Spring Break 2013!

PaulMedik

Booked cabin 6501 'Premium Vista Balcony' for March 30 Eight day Southern Caribbean. Hopefully the aft wraps will be laid out like Dream and deck six will be best, but regardless, we'll be there! :D

2675250970065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Booked cabin 6501 'Premium Vista Balcony' for March 30 Eight day Southern Caribbean. Hopefully the aft wraps will be laid out like Dream and deck six will be best, but regardless, we'll be there! :D

We are booked on the inaugural from Venice to Barcelona, but there is no Carnival Breeze in the roll calls....did you find one? Am I missing it? The other ships are all there, but not the Breeze

My son will be a freshman in college in 2013. Until I find out where he's going and when it is I cant do a thing!!:(
My oldest is graduating from college in 2013, and until we find out whether he has time off between graduation and a job we can't do a thing either!

Paul, looks like a great cruise.

You are lucky that your school already has the 2013 spring break schedule out. We just got the schedule for 2012. It will be a while before we know what week spring break is for 2013!!

You are lucky that your school already has the 2013 spring break schedule out. We just got the schedule for 2012. It will be a while before we know what week spring break is for 2013!!

pcrum,

Our 2011 schedule is not out nor is 2012, but we're booked already for both. I'm just hoping they follow historic patterns........if not then we'll either change dates or simply go ahead and go. IMO, our boys learn more on cruises than they do in school. Changing our B2B next year won't be a problem, but we're already looking forward to the eight day Southern and won't likely switch it. It would be nice if they'd go ahead and announce at least the major school breaks a few years in advance.

Jealous.. very jealous ! lol.. we won't be able to book our Breeze April 8 - 15 2013 and 15-21 2013 B2B until we finish paying off our Dream Oct 2011 B2B... :) ugh.. hoping to do that very very soon ! Then need to start thinking where oh where to go in 2012? We have nothing planned yet....any suggestions??.. we'd be looking to sail out of MIA or Ft Lauderdale if possible, in 2012.. need suggestions for April and October of that year..

Wow! I thought I was planning ahead by booking my September 2011 cruise in February 2011. I just cannot imagine booking that far ahead. I did book my honeymoon to Hawaii (no cruise) one year ahead but I knew those dates were set in stone and we locked in a great deal on the flights from FL.

Tried booking my cruise yesterday for the same itinerary in Nov 2012. I have to call back in a month since they dont know what rooms are wheelchair accessible yet. The deck plans online are not the correct ones. Wish they would make at least 1 aft wrap w/c accessible

Jealous.. very jealous ! lol.. we won't be able to book our Breeze April 8 - 15 2013 and 15-21 2013 B2B until we finish paying off our Dream Oct 2011 B2B... :) ugh.. hoping to do that very very soon ! Then need to start thinking where oh where to go in 2012? We have nothing planned yet....any suggestions??.. we'd be looking to sail out of MIA or Ft Lauderdale if possible, in 2012.. need suggestions for April and October of that year..

mosiegirl,

Freedom out of Port Everglades has a unique mixed 8 day itinerary on April 7 sailing to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Ocho Rios Jamaica, and Grand Cayman. The cruise before and after is a six day sailing with Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. Freedom's April 21 sailing is an 8 day Southern identical to our ports listed above and it also has a six day Western before and after.

October of '12 has Valor out of Miami doing 8 day Southern and 8 day Eastern with 6 Western in between.

Paul, I love your reviews. Are you going to do one for your spring break trip this year?

rdler,

Thank you. Yes, I plan to. I have all the pics online now and I'm just waiting for CC to run a little quicker. ;)

I want to go!!! Aruba is my favorite :D But I haven't been to grand Turk yet.

Jill,

Plenty of time to prepare and your girls will be old enough to enjoy camp by then.

We are also looking at booking this cruise. We just need to wait and see what the Army has in store for us. I should be finding out real soon where I will be stationed next. Hopefully it will be in the southeast so we will be able to drive

Paul, thanks for responding and thanks for all the time it must take to write one of your reviews.

Your reviews are incredibly informative and show that a family can travel and have fun together. I really appreciate your efforts.

We just booked the 2 day (Nov 22) and the 8 day (Nov 24) to Aruba...first time there....woo hoo!!

Booked early so I could get the same cabin for both....that 2 day is going to bookup quickly!

Wow, I thought I was the only one. I booked this same cruise yesterday for me and my DS (11)! :) I too don't know when my son's official spring break will be for 2013 yet. It's always held the first week in April, so I think we'll be safe. But if for some reason the school decides to change the school schedule, we'll still be on this 8-night sailing! :D

Congrats, Paul! I have been chomping at the bit to book the Breeze for the 12/22/12 holiday sailing. My dd will graduate in Spring 2013, and I know this will probably be the last holiday cruise she takes with us. I love the itinerary. I just can't decide which cabins to book. The holiday sailing is pretty expensive, and I need 2 adjoining cabins. (special needs daughter we must be able to hear at night if other dd is out of room, which I am sure she will be!) I love the sun, and am afraid the coves won't "do" it for me with the lifeboats above us, and the cut-out around them. I also don't like being above the galley, etc. They have 4 L-shaped adjoining cabins available,(6468/6460 and 2 on the other side) but I am afraid of the noise factor below us in the lounge at night. (light sleepers) When you had deck 6 aft wraps, did you hear noise below you?

Congrats! We've been looking at the Breeze over the last few days and we are tempted. My biggest issue is that I won't know what week we have off until March/April next year-and I HAVE to abide by the spring break since I am a teacher. :D We normally have the 3rd week of April off like this past year...but there have been a couple of years where they gave us the 2nd week of April. I'm thinking of gambling and booking something for the 3rd week of April. Of course, then the break will be the rare 2nd week, right???

Another issue-I'm also looking at the brand new Celebrity ship that will come out-Reflection...and the price for the same room (aft ext) is a few hundred more, but that is a 7 day and Breeze is an 8 day. Hmmm...we are going to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit next summer (no Carnival to Bermuda in June 2012 or we would have considered them) and I have a feeling we are going to like Celebrity.

I'm also a little nervous about the crowding and size of the Breeze. I've heard people say they thought the Dream was really crowded and I'm afraid of it being the same on the Breeze. We thought the Liberty cruise this April was much too crowded. It was fine in April 2010 though.

I'm also tempted to look at the Liberty for April 2013-same exact ports as we just did in April-but a good $1300-$800 less than the other two options. That is quite a bit less and hard to ignore. I could use another HMC stop again-but I'd like to experience some other ships and maybe a new port or two-we've been on the Liberty 2x's. We love Liberty-but trying something new is fun.

What to do...what to do...I guess I have a little time to think about it.:D

You are booked nice and early-plenty of time to submit loads of ES credits...Ha!!

Archived