Oosterdam April 23 Short Review

Travelrd

this was a 10 day cruise from san diego to the sea of cortez and the mexican riviera minus the stop in mazatlan. this is a very short review and i hope anyone that's interested will understand what i'm saying.

cruise -fabulous fabulous and fabulous!

ports -intersting!

food -wonderful, delicious. dined in the pinnacle six nights!

crew -incredibly friendly and always helpful!

oosterdam experience -brilliant brilliant and brilliant!

i was kicking and screaming as they dragged me off the ship. i just didn't want to get off.

it also didn't hurt that upon check-in, i was upgraded from an ss cabin to an sa deluxe cabin

cheers

krazy kruizers...i really enjoy the pinnacle for their menu selections, the waiters/waitresses and the civlized atmosphere as opposed to the dining room. however, i had dinner one night with the ship's purser and his wife in the main dining room. i had rack of lamb and it was delicious! i think the food is usually very good in the dining rooms but i like the pinnacle better! by the way, i did also eat in canaletto twice and although the service and the concept is very good, the food was just average.

cheers

Did you spend time in the Neptune Lounge? Did you take advantage of all the extra services? Would love to hear if you enjoyed NL.

JCH

jch...i did use the neptune lounge services ever so slightly. i would go in for a snack and take it back to my room in the afternoon. the concieges were very friendly and booked a tour for me, which was convenient. i tried to use as many of the services as i could. i did laundry every day and it always was in my room that same evening. i ate breakfast in the pinnacle every morning and it was terrific. i did not need a tender ticket since i was in a deluxe suite. i had hot and cold appetizers delivered to my suite for myself and some friends a couple of times.

yes, i did enjoy the nl and it's services very much. i came home with all clean clothes too.

cheers

this was a 10 day cruise from san diego to the sea of cortez and the mexican riviera minus the stop in mazatlan. this is a very short review and i hope anyone that's interested will understand what i'm saying.

cruise -fabulous fabulous and fabulous!

ports -intersting!

food -wonderful, delicious. dined in the pinnacle six nights!

crew -incredibly friendly and always helpful!

oosterdam experience -brilliant brilliant and brilliant!

i was kicking and screaming as they dragged me off the ship. i just didn't want to get off.

it also didn't hurt that upon check-in, i was upgraded from an ss cabin to an sa deluxe cabin

cheers

David, awesome to hear that you also enjoyed her:) You just added your fingernail claw marks to the rest of ours that also had to be dragged off kicking and screaming:)

Welcome home!!

Joanie

thanks for your comments and review. Delighted for you to be upgraded to the SA (you devil).

We sailed her two years ago and i have to say I too was impressed. It was my first 'big' ship on HAL and I was really nervous. that all changed very quickly.

You must have really enjoyed the Pinnacle to the max - breakfast every morning and dinner most nights :D I'm surprised the waiters didn't help pull you back on the ship :) as you were dragged off kicking and screaming :D

David, that is fantastic about the upgrade at the pier. Glad you had such a great time :)

Did you have any clue they might upgrade you? (Like looking at you on line check in the day before) I am curious as to how do they tell you? :D Did you wait in the regular check in line, then they say "Oh congratulations you are now in a Deluxe Verandah Suite"

Obviously you can tell I have never been that lucky :o But a girl can dream.

lisa...you know, i did hope that i might get an upsell or upgrade, but neither happened. i did check my reservation for three days before the cruise date to see if my room number had changed, but nothing happened there either. and people on the roll call were saying that they thought the ship was sold out. so many people booked within the last two weeks, i was truly amazed.

i just checked in at the regular check-in station. the girl checked my id and reservation. asked me a couple of non reservation questions. then, when she went to get my key card, she came back and said "your room and deck have been changed". you now have a deluxe veranda suite and your room number is 7086. i had pre-booked room 8076 from september 2009, when i was on the westerdam. in my mind i said to myself "YES"! and that was that.

cheers

lisa...you know, i did hope that i might get an upsell or upgrade, but neither happened. i did check my reservation for three days before the cruise date to see if my room number had changed, but nothing happened there either. and people on the roll call were saying that they thought the ship was sold out. so many people booked within the last two weeks, i was truly amazed.

i just checked in at the regular check-in station. the girl checked my id and reservation. asked me a couple of non reservation questions. then, when she went to get my key card, she came back and said "your room and deck have been changed". you now have a deluxe veranda suite and your room number is 7086. i had pre-booked room 8076 from september 2009, when i was on the westerdam. in my mind i said to myself "YES"! and that was that.

cheers

Well that sounds like a good way to start a cruise :)

I have to admit that if I have something that is lower than a Deluxe verandah I always check it every few days before the sailing too just to see if there is an Upgrade Fairy:o But maybe she does not work like that maybe it never appears on the on line registration. Oh well I am just glad she is alive and well :D

Archived