I'm gonna cheat on SeaDream just once in 2012...

knotheadusc

Something tells me she might not.:D

Heehee!! Miss you guys, FT and ZQvol

Knot...you don't know me, but I love reading your reviews, so thank you to you and all who review, from a loyal lurker....who is boarding SD2 in one week! WoooHoooo!!

Thanks ohmiss! Hope you have a fabulous time! :D

Last night, we had a delightful anniversary dinner at Rogano's, which is apparently a fancy place that leans heavily towards seafood. My husband made some waiter's night by failing to notice the service charge and leaving him a huge tip. I'm proud to have taught my husband about the plight of restaurant servers (having been one myself), but sometimes he goes overboard.

We slept until 9:00am. Don't remember the last time I did that. A coach will be picking us up at 3:30 to take us to Greenock and the Princess!

Thanks ohmiss! Hope you have a fabulous time! :D

Last night, we had a delightful anniversary dinner at Rogano's, which is apparently a fancy place that leans heavily towards seafood. My husband made some waiter's night by failing to notice the service charge and leaving him a huge tip. I'm proud to have taught my husband about the plight of restaurant servers (having been one myself), but sometimes he goes overboard.

We slept until 9:00am. Don't remember the last time I did that. A coach will be picking us up at 3:30 to take us to Greenock and the Princess!

A belated Happy Anniversary. Moving Scotland up on the priority list as I read your updates. We are heading to Tampa for our own non SD voyage.

A belated Happy Anniversary. Moving Scotland up on the priority list as I read your updates. We are heading to Tampa for our own non SD voyage.

Bon Voyage FT & ZQVOL on the WalMart of the Seas!:eek: I miss my Big Red Boat out of TPA.:D:D

Yay, FT, you can do it! Slum, that is ;). Hope you have a great time. Make Z clean your sunglasses, and just pretend. Seriously, want to know how it all works out. Hey, you won't be at the office, and someone will at least be making your bed each day. Oh, and it will hopefully be warm. What's not to like about that?

And happy anniversary knothead. Hope you guys have a great trip!

Seems like many of us are cheaters. We are currently in Barcelona and plan on boarding the new Celebrity Reflection in the morning. Seems there are some problems. This is what I just posted on a Celebrity thread:

My husband and I have been in Barcelona since the morning of Nov 15. We've had a wonderful visit and plan on boarding the Reflection in the morning. This is the first time I've been online to check anything since a day or so before we left home so I would be lying if I said these entries regarding mechanical troubles don't give me pause. . .

Deep breath :eek: Ok, this is one time I'm going to choose to not worry about things I can't fix. I was an HR person and OD consultant in a past life. . .never an engineer of any sort. I am going to trust the management expertise of Celebrity to not proceed if there are any serious worries.

Best wishes, good health (and fast wellness Arno) and safe travels to those already enjoying Reflection and to all of us boarding tomorrow morning!

Greetings from the Hebridean Princess, where WiFi is free and we are (most likely) the youngest couple and only Americans. We were piped aboard amidst rain and a chill and the muster drill caused shivering. Nevertheless, the crew is charming, though more restrained than SeaDream's crew.

Our cabin is on the lowest deck, which requires a steep climb. That's not a bad thing, though, because I really need to lose weight! So far, the food as been fine, though with much less selection than SeaDream. We had a choice of chicken, Arctic charr, or pasta as entrees. I had chicken and my husband had the fish. Both were well prepared. Wine flowed freely and there was a small decanter of scotch in our stateroom.

I was impressed by the full bottles of Molton Brown toiletries. The shower is tiny, but there's hot water aplenty. We have a king sized bed that was much more comfortable than the bed at our hotel was.

I think ths is going to be a nice trip!

Most passengers on this cruise are older Brits. There is one German couple. The staff is British, Latvian, and Lithuanian as far as I can tell. Our waiter seems to have what sounds like a Russian accent.

We visited the Argowan House this morning and will visit a distillery this afternoon. Today has been sunny, but we've alo had rain, which led to a beautiful rainbow. I will see if I can't put a picture up. Having trouble managing attachments.

Knot, that rainbow shot is GORGEOUS!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time and I for one really appreciate you checking in and giving us these updates.

To everyone else getting ready to cheat on SD.... um, I mean board! :eek: your respective ships: smooth sailing and hope you enjoy your cruise. Hope you will update while on the ship or at least post a review when you all get back.

Knot, that rainbow shot is GORGEOUS!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time and I for one really appreciate you checking in and giving us these updates.

To everyone else getting ready to cheat on SD.... um, I mean board! :eek: your respective ships: smooth sailing and hope you enjoy your cruise. Hope you will update while on the ship or at least post a review when you all get back.

Agreed CDreamer!

DJ's DH almost had heart failure yesterday when I was looking at last minute four-day cruises for this holiday weekend. It was a case of temporary insanity on my part:rolleyes:

The Arran Distillery was a hit. We had an older Scottish gentleman named Campbell lead us on a tour, explain how to make Scotch, and allow us to taste some of the distillery's wares. We're supposed to stop at a different distillery during the next cruise, so I have a feeling we could end up paying duty on booze. Cocktail party tonight... Have to dress up.

Glad you liked the rainbow shot. I had some trouble getting it to post. :D

The weather looks a bit nasty this morning. Hopefully, it will improve. Last night, I started with a prawn cocktail and my husband had vegetable broth. We both had Sunday roast beef with potatoes, a vegetable medley, and Yorkshire pudding. For dessert my husband had a cheese course and I had chocolate fondant with malted whipped cream. It was funny, because the pastry chef had smeared chocolate on my plate that looked like a big skid mark. I made everyone laugh when I commented on it.

At the cocktail party, I met a well-traveled psychiatrist who had even been to Armenia (where I spent two years as a Peace Corps Volunteer). I also got to hear a war story or two from a gent who served in WWII in Britain's Navy. And I discovered that to get any group of older Brits going, bring up the fact that you can't get fish and chips wrapped in newspaper anymore!

Today, we're visiting another house...

Archived