What's up with the email notices?

KAWS

I'm not sure when it happened but I know it's recent....AND I HATE IT.

I still get an email notice that someone posted after me on a thread, but instead of getting the actual message (apparently you used to get one or two but then nothing more till you visited CC thread) now all you get is the notice that someone (and that person is named) but this message:

This thread is located at: (and then the link)

Don't miss anything! Please visit the above thread to view the newest messages that have just been posted!

That's it. I just had to vent because this is most annoying. Sometimes I would like to read what was said and comment later; now you can't even see what was said.

WHEN did this start and does it bother anyone else?

If you do not want to receive notices then go to the USER CP top left then edit options under the second window just check in the pull down menu to not receive any messages

SAVE

No, that's not what I'm talking about. I know I can turn the notices off if I want.

What I'm upset about is the notice you used to get contained the actual message that the poster added to the thread. You could read it on your email that way and then visit the thread to reply and for any other posts that come after the first one.

Now you HAVE to come to the boards to even see the first one. And right now, for some reason, when I click on the link that is supposed to take me to that thread it doesn't work, so I have to come to the boards and start right from the beginning and also remember where the thread was in the first place. It's just annoying when the way things used to be worked just fine.

I agree KAWS...I liked it better when it gave you the message in the e-mail that was posted. That way you could decide if it was worth waiting 2-4 minutes just for the CC site to load to read the post!!! :rolleyes:

I agree KAWS...I liked it better when it gave you the message in the e-mail that was posted. That way you could decide if it was worth waiting 2-4 minutes just for the CC site to load to read the post!!! :rolleyes:

That's a fact! This last week has been so frustrating.

No, you wait 2-4 minutes, then the browser times out and you have to go back a second time before yo actually get into the board. When did these boards become such a piece of crap? (sorry am I allowed to say crap? If not, I won't say crap anymore.:p)

I agree. With the current issues that the board is having on loading pages (which could takes several minutes...and then time out) I always enjoyed being able to pre-read what the poster said in the thread...then decide if I wanted to actually go back to the thread to comment back or see if there are other replies.

Now you just get this stupid message saying someone has replied and you HAVE to click on it to find out what they say. It's really annoying.

This just happened 2 days ago with the "updates" or whatever they are trying to do to the boards.

I hope they go back to the old way. It was much better.

Archived