How to get full value from concierge class

Old Sea Dog43

Any tips greatly appreciated. Thanks

We are getting ready for our first Celebrity sailing in less than a most. For an earlier posting that I did, a wide range of views and options came back on this question. Here's that summary from experienced travelers shared, said, etc., on Concierge Class:

PLUSES WITH CONCIERGE CLASS:

1. Balcony: ottoman there, reclining lounger chairs, bigger deck table for outdoor dining. (regular cabins only get small, low tables on their veranda)

2. Intro champagne or sparking wine is nice; can take that champagne to the dining room to celebrate; can have the cheese and fruit plates vs. little canapes come at just the right time in late afternoon.

3. Eating breakfast on our balcony is great and can have some better choices, including fresh-squeezed juices without added cost.

4. Priority boarding for tendering is appealing when doing private excursions.

5. Larger umbrella available to use throughout the cruise.

6. Plush bath rugs, oversized Egyptian cotton towels, double-thick Frette bathrobes, two hair dryers, Hansgrohe showerhead, pillow menu (be sure to ask), binoculars (most say they are not that good) and a selection of better shampoos, body lotions, soaps, shower caps, breath mints and a sewing kit. 7. Dining time and seating preferences, VIP invitations to exclusive shipboard events (only one person has said this), priority shore excursion bookings, early embarkation and debarkation privileges, and a one-touch button on the phone to reach a Concierge Class desk representative directly.

8. When they deliver a breakfast or dinner order, they set the table with a white linen tablecloth, cushioned chairs.

9. Expanded room service menu (i.e. smoothies, fresh squeezed juices). I really like the fresh-squeezed juices benefit!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 39,800 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

But also watch the prices and consider how much it's worth for Concierge class. On a few ships, Aqua class was substantially lower than Concierge class C1 and C2. And I took an SV a year ago and it was $500 pp less than Concierge class. So I suggest you keep an eye on prices until the final payment is due. Then decide what it's worth.

Do you think aft cc cabin is better than fv also on aft or cc is not as important as extra cabin space on constellation ship,:p

I'd go for the extra cabin space unless you needed the extra Captain's Club credit that Concierge Class provides.

Do you think aft cc cabin is better than fv also on aft or cc is not as important as extra cabin space on constellation ship,:p

It depends IMHO. For example, there is a little more space(square footage) in an FV. There is also a divider to create some privacy between bed and couch area. This divider takes up space and for us, makes the cabin space seem smaller. It is nice if you have small children and some separation/privacy at night. I think the balconies for the 'inside' FV cabins are the same and the balcony of the 'outside /corner' FV cabins is larger than the same CC balcony on that deck.

Celebrity prices the Concierge cabin category (C1 - lots of C's) higher than the FV cabins some of the time. CC (C1) gets the extra cruise credit and as listed the above amenities which FV does not.

For me, if I did not want the amenities of CC and did not need the extra cruise credit, I would for sure consider the 'outside' FV cabins. I would tend to prefer the CC cabins over the 'inside' FV cabins as I feel with the room divider it makes the room feel smaller, even though there is actually more square footage. So for me, the advantage of FV would be the much larger outside FV balcony. The outside FV balcony faces both aft and either port or starbroad, which is very nice for viewing.

We have never stayed in an FV cabin, but have had friends on cruises sail in both inside (deck 7) and outside (deck 8) FV cabins while we stayed in CC on deck 7 both times.

We are booked CC3 on Eclipse this Nov. What if any is the differance between CC1, CC2 is it what deck you are on:confused:

Location is the only difference; C1's are aft staterooms. C2's are more mid-ship than C3's.

We are booked CC3 on Eclipse this Nov. What if any is the differance between CC1, CC2 is it what deck you are on:confused:

The only difference is location, location, location.

DH also likes to have his shoes shined. Last time he put out his shoes, they came back shined and each shoe was in its own drawstring bag.

He's already scuffing his shoes in preparation for our Silhouette cruise in NOvember.:D

DH also likes to have his shoes shined. Last time he put out his shoes, they came back shined and each shoe was in its own drawstring bag.

He's already scuffing his shoes in preparation for our Silhouette cruise in NOvember.:D

How does this work....is it something you ask your room steward for?

They may or may not let you book the FV. For our Constellation cruise there were only 3 of us, and they wouldn't let me book the FV, telling me it had to be at least 4 people.

The rep was very nice though, and recommended 6143 CC. I'm so very glad she did. My sister-in-law ended up getting a friend to go and they booked their own cabin, so there were only two of us in that Concierge Cabin and it was wonderful. We didn't care for the canapes, but asked for cheese and crackers. Our steward always included apple slices, grapes, etc with the cheese and crackers. Our steward had the all the suites surrounding us, so he was really good at knowing how to take care of us.

Good luck, and enjoy your cruise whatever you decide to do.

How does this work....is it something you ask your room steward for?

It sure is.

I just had mine done on the Millennium. Left the shoes and note for our steward in the morning and the shoes were back in the room before we were!

We are getting ready for our first Celebrity sailing in less than a most. For an earlier posting that I did, a wide range of views and options came back on this question. Here's that summary from experienced travelers shared, said, etc., on Concierge Class:

PLUSES WITH CONCIERGE CLASS:

1. Balcony: ottoman there, reclining lounger chairs, bigger deck table for outdoor dining. (regular cabins only get small, low tables on their veranda)

2. Intro champagne or sparking wine is nice; can take that champagne to the dining room to celebrate; can have the cheese and fruit plates vs. little canapes come at just the right time in late afternoon.

3. Eating breakfast on our balcony is great and can have some better choices, including fresh-squeezed juices without added cost.

4. Priority boarding for tendering is appealing when doing private excursions.

5. Larger umbrella available to use throughout the cruise.

6. Plush bath rugs, oversized Egyptian cotton towels, double-thick Frette bathrobes, two hair dryers, Hansgrohe showerhead, pillow menu (be sure to ask), binoculars (most say they are not that good) and a selection of better shampoos, body lotions, soaps, shower caps, breath mints and a sewing kit. 7. Dining time and seating preferences, VIP invitations to exclusive shipboard events (only one person has said this), priority shore excursion bookings, early embarkation and debarkation privileges, and a one-touch button on the phone to reach a Concierge Class desk representative directly.

8. When they deliver a breakfast or dinner order, they set the table with a white linen tablecloth, cushioned chairs.

9. Expanded room service menu (i.e. smoothies, fresh squeezed juices). I really like the fresh-squeezed juices benefit!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 39,800 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

We were on the Summit in Feb in a C1 and had room service for breakfast and we never had the table set. They just put the tray on the table and left. We had to put it all out our selves. This was our first Celebrity cruise and we would have loved to have a nice set table to eat at. Is having the table set something we should have asked for?

We were on the Summit in Feb in a C1 and had room service for breakfast and we never had the table set. They just put the tray on the table and left. We had to put it all out our selves. This was our first Celebrity cruise and we would have loved to have a nice set table to eat at. Is having the table set something we should have asked for?

My experience with a Summit C1 was that they put a white cloth tablecloth out, and "set" the table, but the food was left on the tray on the table (each plate with its own metal cover, etc.) I never asked them to do otherwise, but I think they would put the plates out if we had asked. As a matter of fact, ALL the service we had on Summit was superb and friendly.

Most times when we got the call that room service was on the way, we told them to just come through to the balcony instead of knocking on the door. That way we could spend our time lounging outside instead of waiting inside for the delivery. It worked out very well!

My experience with a Summit C1 was that they put a white cloth tablecloth out, and "set" the table, but the food was left on the tray on the table (each plate with its own metal cover, etc.) I never asked them to do otherwise, but I think they would put the plates out if we had asked.

When was your Summit cruise? I think that may be a thing of the past... on all my last four X cruises -- I was told they don't do that anymore. I had heard here on CC about others getting that service, and was excited to have it on the Eclipse in November. However, when we asked that first morning we ordered room service, the gal told us no. Each cruise since I have inquired, but told the same thing. Our last cruise again on Eclipse, we actually had the same room service gal as our Nov cruise, (and she remembered us too) but still, very nicely said they don't do that... not enough time, she had too many cabins to deliver breakfast to. :(

FYI, We also tipped every morning, (and had been very generous that first time around ), in case someone was thinking that might make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
When was your Summit cruise? I think that may be a thing of the past... on all my last four X cruises -- I was told they don't do that anymore. I had heard here on CC about others getting that service, and was excited to have it on the Eclipse in November. However, when we asked that first morning we ordered room service, the gal told us no. Each cruise since I have inquired, but told the same thing. Our last cruise again on Eclipse, we actually had the same room service gal as our Nov cruise, (and she remembered us too) but still, very nicely said they don't do that... not enough time, she had too many cabins to deliver breakfast to. :(

FYI, We also tipped every morning, (and had been very generous that first time around ), in case someone was thinking that might make a difference.

Here are some photos of how breakfast was served on our balcony in a Concierge Class (C1) Aft on Summit in 2010. We'll be on the same ship in the same cabin 2 weeks from now, and hopefully will enjoy the same wonderful service.

1088418660_breakfastonbalcony1.JPG.24190fd2943496ced2d9d99b7539a26d.JPG

942101222_breakfastonbalcony2.JPG.818f4d956a4db883d42d189328952e72.JPG

CC perks seem to vary by ship. For instance, our CC on Century did not have lounge seating as advertised (which is one of the few perks which I look forward to). Also, the CC breakfast menu on Equinox did not have the same expanded menu as on other ships although we were told we could write in whatever we wanted.

Interestingly, the survey about CC "amenities" did not mention the extra cruise credit.

Interestingly, the survey about CC "amenities" did not mention the extra cruise credit.

Do tell about the CC extra cruise credit! We have recently booked a CC cabin on Silhouette to the Holy Land. We haven't sailed with Celebrity for many years but have been on other lines, most recently having the last minute good fortune to score a penthouse suite on NCL. What do the cruise credits do, and why do people "need" them?

When you reach 10 cruise credits, you are invited for (free) cocktails each night from 5-7PM. You also get a bag of free laundry, 45 minutes of computer time, and a few more perks. The drinks alone can save $100's of dollars on a cruise :)

Archived