Most interesting cabin "neighbors"

cruisenanny

I'm still waiting to find out who their Captain was :confused::confused::confused: Should I be on that ship? Is he a good Captain?? Many unanswered questions.

I agree a couple of stories just ended. Details, dang-it details!:D

I don't know about interesting but I definately had one of the grossest. I was standing at the railing of our balcony just enjoying the water and the sunset when all of a sudden I felt this stuff hitting my face. I looked down and I was covered with someone elses hair clippings. I looked out and realized my neighbor must have given themselves a haircut and they were shaking out the towel they used over the railing. There was hair everywhere. I immediatley went in and showered. So let this be a lesson to all if you are going to throw something off of your balcony odds are its going to land on someone elses. So disgusting. :eek:

My story isn't all that good compared to some but I'll share it anyway.

One night, I heard a lot of commotion in the hallway. I heard at least 3 different voices. They were all very intoxicated and very loud. It woke both my husband and I up and we couldn't go back to sleep. I gave them a few minutes to drunkenly figureout how to get their card into the door and get inside. But they didn't do that. They just stood in the hallway loudly talking and laughing for about 15 minutes. Finally, I had enough and opened my door to find a younger woman (18-21 range) and 2 younger men (approximately the same age) in the doorway across the hall. They had the door open so it's not like they couldn't go inside and do their laughing and talking. I'm sure I had a lovely look on my face and was squinting because of the light. I politely asked "Could you go into your room, please? Thanks." I saw the two men try to shuffle the woman into the room. As I shut my door, I heard the woman yell out "It's a cruise, GRANDMA!!!!" The best part? I'm 30 and constantly get told I don't look my age. I guess that was the best insult she could come up with at the time.

Once on a cruise we had a balcony cabin, I won’t name the line, but it had a Royal one and sailed in the Caribbean. Underneath the wooden railing of the balcony were thick glass panels that provided a clear view of the ocean even from the cabin itself. Given that the dividers that separated your balcony from your neighbor’s balcony did not fully abut the railing and glass, there was a gap of several inches at the front of the divider. Because of this gap, at an angle, one could unintentionally see a good part of the neighbor’s balcony reflecting off the glass when you were sitting outside.

I had not met the neighbors but from the voices it seemed that there was a father, a mother and three siblings. The children sounded like two boys aged around nine or ten and a young girl about six years old. This family practiced mass communication; everyone talked at once, each raising their voice depending on that persons need to be heard over the din. As being used to constant bombardment of the audible senses I am sure that they considered anything or anybody not emitting a noise as existing in a different dimension. There was not a door; drawer or commode lid shut unless it made enough noise to justify its existence. Of course the volume on the television that was on night and day had to be at a sufficient level to compete with the family conversations, or as us in the other dimension would call a shout fest. Well, some people!

Having worked in different countries I realize that different cultures are, how do I say this, different. I know in one country I worked in if someone owned a radio, it was on. If not why have it? Everyone and everyone’s child had a radio. The same thought was applied to televisions. If it existed, it was on. If your car had an operational horn, it was honked. These were mostly good and kind people but were raised in an environment of racket. Noise was their norm.

Once while I was living in this country I went to a movie theatre. As I remember a Swedish movie in Spanish with English sub-titles was showing. Of course you had the movie volume on full blast with everyone in the theatre talking all at once. Some were talking about the movie, some about Tito Carlos but everyone was talking about something. The electricity went off as happened often in this small country. It was suddenly pitch dark. The comforting avalanche of discord produced by the theatre’s speakers ceased. You could hear a pin drop. As I recall, after a chilling pause, their was a scream followed by the sound of hundreds of shoes attached to the feet of a fleeing crowd clattering on the path to the theatre exit.

What caused this? It was something as fearful as death itself in their culture. It was silence.

I knew from their language that our cruise neighbors were not from the above country. Another way I knew that while sitting on our balcony I noticed a superimposed reflection of the Yellow Rose of Texas, on the balcony's glass pane. Attached to this flower’s reflection was the reflected butt of my neighbor’s wife. She was standing near the railing facing her entire family whom matched her in reflected uncladiness.

Now I am not a prude, I have done and seen things that would get me a lifetime ban from the Pope’s Christmas card list. I also know that there are well educated and cultured people who are on occasion, nudists. And I’m sure that my neighbors must have thought that the balcony dividers provided enough privacy for them to enjoy their nudity. But I wasn’t expecting to see this.

Even if they were a handsome family, which they were not, I would have been embarrassed to see their bare reflection on my balcony glass. I hurried inside slamming the balcony door in the hopes in letting the naked neighbors know that they are sharing the ship with other passengers and perhaps the other passenger next to them had seen too much. As I was inside our cabin I could still hear them on their balcony loudly talking. “Did you hear that door slam?” said the woman. “Yeah” answered the man, “Some People!”

Once on a cruise we had a balcony cabin, I won’t name the line, but it had a Royal one and sailed in the Caribbean. Underneath the wooden railing of the balcony were thick glass panels that provided a clear view of the ocean even from the cabin itself. Given that the dividers that separated your balcony from your neighbor’s balcony did not fully abut the railing and glass, there was a gap of several inches at the front of the divider. Because of this gap, at an angle, one could unintentionally see a good part of the neighbor’s balcony reflecting off the glass when you were sitting outside.

I had not met the neighbors but from the voices it seemed that there was a father, a mother and three siblings. The children sounded like two boys aged around nine or ten and a young girl about six years old. This family practiced mass communication; everyone talked at once, each raising their voice depending on that persons need to be heard over the din. As being used to constant bombardment of the audible senses I am sure that they considered anything or anybody not emitting a noise as existing in a different dimension. There was not a door; drawer or commode lid shut unless it made enough noise to justify its existence. Of course the volume on the television that was on night and day had to be at a sufficient level to compete with the family conversations, or as us in the other dimension would call a shout fest. Well, some people!

Having worked in different countries I realize that different cultures are, how do I say this, different. I know in one country I worked in if someone owned a radio, it was on. If not why have it? Everyone and everyone’s child had a radio. The same thought was applied to televisions. If it existed, it was on. If your car had an operational horn, it was honked. These were mostly good and kind people but were raised in an environment of racket. Noise was their norm.

Once while I was living in this country I went to a movie theatre. As I remember a Swedish movie in Spanish with English sub-titles was showing. Of course you had the movie volume on full blast with everyone in the theatre talking all at once. Some were talking about the movie, some about Tito Carlos but everyone was talking about something. The electricity went off as happened often in this small country. It was suddenly pitch dark. The comforting avalanche of discord produced by the theatre’s speakers ceased. You could hear a pin drop. As I recall, after a chilling pause, their was a scream followed by the sound of hundreds of shoes attached to the feet of a fleeing crowd clattering on the path to the theatre exit.

What caused this? It was something as fearful as death itself in their culture. It was silence.

I knew from their language that our cruise neighbors were not from the above country. Another way I knew that while sitting on our balcony I noticed a superimposed reflection of the Yellow Rose of Texas, on the balcony's glass pane. Attached to this flower’s reflection was the reflected butt of my neighbor’s wife. She was standing near the railing facing her entire family whom matched her in reflected uncladiness.

Now I am not a prude, I have done and seen things that would get me a lifetime ban from the Pope’s Christmas card list. I also know that there are well educated and cultured people who are on occasion, nudists. And I’m sure that my neighbors must have thought that the balcony dividers provided enough privacy for them to enjoy their nudity. But I wasn’t expecting to see this.

Even if they were a handsome family, which they were not, I would have been embarrassed to see their bare reflection on my balcony glass. I hurried inside slamming the balcony door in the hopes in letting the naked neighbors know that they are sharing the ship with other passengers and perhaps the other passenger next to them had seen too much. As I was inside our cabin I could still hear them on their balcony loudly talking. “Did you hear that door slam?” said the woman. “Yeah” answered the man, “Some People!”

dang rednecks! ;)

To my neighbors on my last cruise. Our balcony door would not shut by pulling it. You really had to slam it to get it to close. I learned this the first night when this loud whistling noise kept me awake. :o

that was you that slammed the door, that was just rude oh FYI the tattoo is on the front not the back you peeper. LOL

My story isn't all that good compared to some but I'll share it anyway.

One night, I heard a lot of commotion in the hallway. I heard at least 3 different voices. They were all very intoxicated and very loud. It woke both my husband and I up and we couldn't go back to sleep. I gave them a few minutes to drunkenly figureout how to get their card into the door and get inside. But they didn't do that. They just stood in the hallway loudly talking and laughing for about 15 minutes. Finally, I had enough and opened my door to find a younger woman (18-21 range) and 2 younger men (approximately the same age) in the doorway across the hall. They had the door open so it's not like they couldn't go inside and do their laughing and talking. I'm sure I had a lovely look on my face and was squinting because of the light. I politely asked "Could you go into your room, please? Thanks." I saw the two men try to shuffle the woman into the room. As I shut my door, I heard the woman yell out "It's a cruise, GRANDMA!!!!" The best part? I'm 30 and constantly get told I don't look my age. I guess that was the best insult she could come up with at the time.

Kittyness, your story stands up to the best of them, this is hysterical!:eek::D

• 1 month later...

:D

I'm still waiting to find out who their Captain was :confused::confused::confused: Should I be on that ship? Is he a good Captain?? Many unanswered questions.

LOL, love this thread! I can't stop laughing.

Archived