Most interesting cabin "neighbors"

cruisenanny

WOW:eek::eek:Did you move the younger ones into your cabin and take over the other cabin?

We had a triple cabin w/our younger daughter (5 or 6 y.o. at that time)and she wanted to be with us only. The other cabin was a double so we couldn't switch. Royal Caribbean tried to isolate/put something on the door but they could still hear all conversations. :eek:

I think maybe the anticipation of the whole trip builds so high that if the slightest thing goes wrong it is a huge disappointment & fights break out. Not to mention there's too much alcohol involved sometimes:rolleyes:

How true!

We had a triple cabin w/our younger daughter (5 or 6 y.o. at that time)and she wanted to be with us only. The other cabin was a double so we couldn't switch. Royal Caribbean tried to isolate/put something on the door but they could still hear all conversations. :eek:

A real shame... real sad that 2 adults could not control themselves.

We are not real experienced Cruisers but we are taking ear plugs and a White Noise Generator (Babbling Brook) with us in June. Determined that nothing will spoil out second cruise.

What wonderful stories... at least now they are! I've never had the holy couple or the screaming kids next door. The only thing close was one short cruise the hallway seemed to be a meeting place for teens... They would be "hanging" and rather loud. A call to security on the second night around 3 am did a bit for about 15 minutes and back they were. So I opened the door with bed hair, wild eyes and a rather loud "Heeereee's Johnny"... I guess they watched horror movies as the group wandered away quickly... they found another place to hang. BTW what are 13-15 year olds doing in the hallway at 3 am... I guess not bothering THEIR parents. LOL

We still had a wonderful time.

Their parents were probably the moaners and screamers. :D

Have only had annoying neighbors one time. In the room next door, there were 2 adults and 2 small children who were cruising with another family with two small children. For two mornings, the kids would be up very early and in the hallway playing and laughing and running. My daughter was annoyed as she is not an early riser. That night when we came back to the room she started making a lot of noise. I told her to be quiet as the people next door were probably asleep. She shouted she did not care, that she could not sleep in the morning because of those loud kids playing in the hallway. Needless to say the last 3 mornings of the cruise we did not hear those kids.

pat

I had a similar incident happen - kids (13-14 ball park) were running up and down the hall late night early morning (from 12-3AM or so) yelling and knocking on doors. I happen to see the cabin they went in to. I called at 6 AM and said "Good morning - wakey, wakey" and hang up about 10 minutes later called again and 10 minutes again. The lady on the end of the line angrily told me she was going to call and report me - I told her to also report her kids as they kept us awake until 3AM. Needless to say - we never heard those kids again.

Just came back from Miracle.

It looked like the cabin above us was a gathering point for a group of people. They were throwing F words back and forth during the very loud conversations" and made sure that everybody could hear them. No matter what the topic was : politics, artists, food...F this, F that, non stop.Both men and women..

I was glad we didn't have small children with us.

We went a cruise with another couple. The guy is my husband's cousin. It was then we realized how thin those walls are. We could hear them, ya know what I mean? Ugh. Hearing "Yee haw!" and "Who's your captain?" about made me lose my lunch. LOL

Needless to say I couldn't make eye contact at breakfast the next morning.:o

Lmao! :D

I had a similar incident happen - kids (13-14 ball park) were running up and down the hall late night early morning (from 12-3AM or so) yelling and knocking on doors. I happen to see the cabin they went in to. I called at 6 AM and said "Good morning - wakey, wakey" and hang up about 10 minutes later called again and 10 minutes again. The lady on the end of the line angrily told me she was going to call and report me - I told her to also report her kids as they kept us awake until 3AM. Needless to say - we never heard those kids again.

I did that once, but it wasn't on a cruise ship it was at the Luxor in Las Vegas. There was a group of college aged kids in the room next to ours. They were yelling and screaming in the hall and in their room until about 3am. At 6am I called their room; I called again at 6:15am; I called again at 6:30am. We checked out so it wasn't an issue but it sure made me feel better to give them a taste of their own medicine. :cool:

The ones I remember best are the ones we never heard or saw. The entire week we just saw a wheelchair sitting outside their cabin but never saw or heard anyone. I swear they spent the whole week in the cabin and it was an inside cabin. :confused:

They say its cheaper to cruise than get placed in a skilled nursing home these days! Room service and someone to clean your room for you every day, who wouldn't?

They say its cheaper to cruise than get placed in a skilled nursing home these days! Room service and someone to clean your room for you every day, who wouldn't?

Hmmm.. I'll keep that in mind in the not too distant future! lol;)

We just got back from the Freedom...I was having a peaceful night on our balcony when all of a sudden our neighbors had a fight and he locked her out on the balcony! I could hear him screaming at her and slamming doors...very sad :(

Um...I do not think those words mean what you think they mean...

Lmao! I was going to say something, but you beat me to it. Maybe they were gangbanging gangbangers... I don't think the poster was aware of the sexual meaning of that word. It does have 2 meanings though. I guess we have dirty minds and immediately thought of the sexual meaning.

Lmao! I was going to say something, but you beat me to it. Maybe they were gangbanging gangbangers... I don't think the poster was aware of the sexual meaning of that word. It does have 2 meanings though. I guess we have dirty minds and immediately thought of the sexual meaning.

Deranged minds think alike, I guess. :D I knew what they meant, but the brain goes in odd directions when you work third shift.

On topic, we had the screaming, fighting (real fighting, not "fighting") couple down the hall from us on our second Triumph cruise. Most nights, starting from the second or third night on, they'd scream at each other for 15-20 minutes at about the same time my mother and I were going to bed. They'd shut up eventually, so we ignored it. But the last night (the night bills are delivered) they kept at it for an hour straight with no signs of stopping. I think the sound of breaking glass was the last straw that made me call security. We didn't hear a peep from them for the rest of the night after security showed up.

The whole story, which we gleaned from the yelling, was they'd met just a few days before the cruise and the guy booked it last minute, paying for everything. The second night of the cruise, the woman got drunk and slept with some other guy. I don't know if this happened before or after the first fight. It may have been after. So they kept fighting about that. The big blow-up the last night was about the bar-bill. :rolleyes:

Out of all our cruises on balconys 2 times we had the door slammers next door. They could slam the door 4 times in 10 sec.

That's our biggest REPEAT problem......on each and every Carnival cruise. It's either above, below, left side or right......guaranteed to happen. Twice had more than one adjacent room slamming. (forget about getting a good nap when that happens! ).

Slam, slam, and then let's allow the door to slam again. Lower prices apparently influences enough lower CLASS vacationers. Motel 6 attitude, I guess.

Wondering if you get the same thing with lines like Celebrity, Princess, and Holland America.....which we've not tried .

Anybody .........is it there as well ?

I spend as little time in in the cabin as possible. On one cruise, without fail every time I was in the cabin there was someone on the deck in the cabin next to us. Morning, noon and night. Always. I don't think they ever left the cabin. I couldn't identify the language they spoke and one woman coughed nonstop. For seven days. Nonstop.

It became a running joke all week - but we were a little worried about the cougher.

That's our biggest REPEAT problem......on each and every Carnival cruise. It's either above, below, left side or right......guaranteed to happen. Twice had more than one adjacent room slamming. (forget about getting a good nap when that happens! ).

Slam, slam, and then let's allow the door to slam again. Lower prices apparently influences enough lower CLASS vacationers. Motel 6 attitude, I guess.

Wondering if you get the same thing with lines like Celebrity, Princess, and Holland America.....which we've not tried .

Anybody .........is it there as well ?

I can tell you, from cruising Celebrity, Princess and Holland America, if there is an opportunity for a door to slam, it will be slammed. Some ships have "sliders" - trust me, people can find a way to slam them as well.

If not, there are interior doors, closets, drawers, you name it.

I have to admit, that I have not found Carnvial to have "lower class vacationers" as you indicated. All lines have all groups of people. That's what makes cruising so much fun. It's very diverse.

Archived