Most interesting cabin "neighbors"

cruisenanny

... That night I put bread all over his car which attracted the seaguls and they did a huge number on his car. The following morning I howled with laughter as I watched him through my window put on his washers and smear his windshield so bad he had to take a wet towel to clean it. When he complained to the manager they argued and the jerks were told to leave.

For the price of a loaf of bread that must have been better entertainment value than the cost of a movie ticket. lol :cool:

A very entertaining thread, indeed. I read every post.

Our neighbors have been quite good, I guess. Other than a few slammed doors, one heavy smoker on the balcony and a couple who conversed with the people on the other side of them in a loud voice, we have had no one next to us that was notable.

Several years ago, when the Elation was based in Port Canaveral, we did have a cabin across the corridor that was always full of French Canadians. (I can tell the difference in the French.) There were always at least a dozen of them in there smoking like the forest fire in Arizona. I don't know where they came from or what they did other than stay in that little inside cabin and smoke. This was much more perplexing that troubling.

Doc

PS: We have never heard any "fighting", fighting or arguing from our neighbors.

My worst neighbor was above, guess all the Moms and Dads went off to drink and partnleaving the kids behind. I went to bed with a screamer of a head ache. And the yelling banging thumping was terrible. I called security and they came to my room to see what i was talking about, i answered the door and the security guy asked me to keep my kids under control . Told him I have no children. He got snide, and told me just keep the noise down . My blood began to boil, I took hold of his tie and led him in the room. Woman guard followed. Told him he could begin by begging my forgiveness for him being a jerk and getting snotty, and maybe just maybe I would not report him if after he did some begging and he delt with with the noise, I had to repeat my self twice since they could not hear me over the noise. They left and she came back later there were 11 boys in that room. 7-10 years olds. No adults. he came back the next day with his boss in tow to say sorry.

My worst neighbor was above, guess all the Moms and Dads went off to drink and partnleaving the kids behind. I went to bed with a screamer of a head ache. And the yelling banging thumping was terrible. I called security and they came to my room to see what i was talking about, i answered the door and the security guy asked me to keep my kids under control . Told him I have no children. He got snide, and told me just keep the noise down . My blood began to boil, I took hold of his tie and led him in the room. Woman guard followed. Told him he could begin by begging my forgiveness for him being a jerk and getting snotty, and maybe just maybe I would not report him if after he did some begging and he delt with with the noise, I had to repeat my self twice since they could not hear me over the noise. They left and she came back later there were 11 boys in that room. 7-10 years olds. No adults. he came back the next day with his boss in tow to say sorry.

YIKES!!:eek:

Remind me not to mess with Jackie!;)

After all of my cruises I have to say that the worst ones my wife and I had was a couple next to us that wasn't very private about their love for each other;). They were very obnoxious and loud about it and I went to guest services and security handled it from there.

P.S. After all my cruises I can't believe I'm actually posting on CC. I was so dead set against it until my last cruise.

Definately no tie! lol Poor Jackie was NOT happy! Can you imagine tho? Those boys must've been packed in there like sardines & then to leave them alone!!:eek: Who does that?

I used to be a Property Manager. The things I've seen! I remember one mom (and I use the term lightly) would lock her 5 year old out of the house so she could have some "alone time". Poor kid was scared and thirsty and would come to the Resident Manager's office to come in from the heat.

I used to be a Property Manager. The things I've seen! I remember one mom (and I use the term lightly) would lock her 5 year old out of the house so she could have some "alone time". Poor kid was scared and thirsty and would come to the Resident Manager's office to come in from the heat.

That's very sad, what some "parents" will do:mad::(

Can you spell child abuse?

I still say people should be required to go through serious testing to prove you are fit to be a parent:mad:

For Heirloom's question. We've cruised most of the American port cruise lines. One of our worst balcony experiences was on a Princess cruise where the neighbors argued, cursed at each other and smoked cigars on the balcony each night, yet were very polite in the halls. I think you find a lot of similar folks on all cruise lines. I belong to a country club and there are plenty of rude, obnoxious, classless people with money too. I don't think rudeness in our society is an issue of class but of the me first attitude which is societally acceptable.

Oh, it has everything to do with class. It has nothing to do with income or wealth (or lack thereof).

We were on a cruise with our two teenage daughters. On one side of us was a woman, her two year old, and her mother. I guess her husband was smart enough not to come. The two year old was a terror but she had no parenting skills. She would let "Cody" scream at the top of his lungs until she couldn't stand it and then she would scream back at him. This always happened in the morning and my daughters could not slepp as late as they as teenagers like to sleep. My daughter kept threatening to throw him overboard. We told our table mates about the little boy without mentioning his name. One night at dinner, they said they saw the family and sure enough the mother was screaming "Cody".

On the other side was a very "active couple" the walls were paper thin.

The funny thing is our next door neighbors at our old apartment complex sound JUST like this family! The sons name was Cody and the mom ALWAYS yelled out the door and through the entire 20 something building complex for wherever he was. Sometimes he wouldn't even be in the complex at all. She let Cody speak to her any kind of way. Hearing them talk, if you didn't know better you couldn't tell who was the parent and who was the child. Codywa sabout 9 when we moved from that complex last year. The entire family was dysfunctional.

I can see that you live near the shore. I also live near the shore, and grew up only blocks from the beach. Sometimes, people who live inland (think landlocked state) do not realize how the gulls will repay them when they feed them.

I live near the shore and go feed the seagulls every chance i get. Often they even fly mere feet above my head, hovering for the next bit of food. (while a flock of 100 or so gather around in a big circle on the ground.) Not once have i been dropped on. Maybe we just have more respectful gulls here lolololol. i dunno. But it reminds me of the adage..don't bite the hand that feeds ya :)

I live near the shore and go feed the seagulls every chance i get. Often they even fly mere feet above my head, hovering for the next bit of food. (while a flock of 100 or so gather around in a big circle on the ground.) Not once have i been dropped on. Maybe we just have more respectful gulls here lolololol. i dunno. But it reminds me of the adage..don't bite the hand that feeds ya :)

You just jinxed yourself....

This thread is hilarious!

On my first ever cruise, my sister and I were sharing a stateroom. Our neighbors were "fighting" loudly the first couple of nights. Not just "fighting" but "oh yes! oh yes! oh yes! fight me! fight me!" at the top of their lungs at 4 am. It was so bad that I considered calling security if I couldn't get some sleep. Instead, we decided to have a converstation right up against the wall. It went something like this:

Me- Well, they must want an audience.

Sis- I guess so. Everyone knows that these walls are thin.

Me- Still, if I couldn't think of anything more original than "oh yes" I'd just shut up.

It got much quieter after that. Far be it from me to keep a couple from enjoying their vacation, but there has to be a limit! :)

We are very fortunate in that we have never had bad cabin neighbors that I can recall. Surely some of you have amusing, interesting, weird or plain horror stories of past cabin neighbors?

About six years ago, we were on a Carnival ship and our neighbors were a female radio personality and her signifcant other. One night the pair were engaged in some intimate fun at about three in the morning. They were noisy! All kinds of female moaning and groaning and some banging against the wall. It woke up our 11 year old daughter who asked, "What is that lady doing"? Oh, my. My first response (whispered to my DH while trying to formulate an answer for our daughter) was simply "faking it". And she was.........

Reading through this thread I don't think i've read anything similar to our experience. Last summer on the miracle we had neighbors who against warnings kept feeding the seagulls when leaving a port. As a result our balcony was inundated by seagulls and there little droppings from heaven. After the second port I called guest services but nothing was ever done.

On our recent TA when leaving Spain people up on the Lido were feeding gulls too. A gull diving after bread flew onto our neighbors balcony and then (they really are bird-brained, I guess) couldn't figure out how to get out. Lots of squawking and flapping and attempts to fly through the glass and plenty of nice white 'gifts'! The neighbors weren't home. We finally called the front desk and they sent someone down to catch the bird and throw him back in the air. Their balcony was a real mess.

A few minutes later one flew into our balcony, and yes, peabrain couldn't get out. This time my husband managed to catch him and get him out; we had to clean off the gifts--but it wasn't nearly as bad as the neighbors since we acted sooner.

Motto! Please don't feed the gulls! As to neighbors, we've never had any major problems, only a few minor annoyances. I worry sometimes that our tv is too loud since we like to watch fairly late, but no one has complained.

On the Valor a few years ago we had a lady in the next cabin who did her best to look around the partition and into our cabin. DH kept saying he was going to stand naked by the door to give her something to see!!:eek:

Spirit cruise on 3/2011 we had our first balcony room. DH and I would have breakfast out there every morning. Lo and behold, one morning I looked down to the balcony below (which was extended), only to find a gal sitting on the balcony floor in her birthday suit! Looked like she was having a VERY rough morning. Hopefully she had a really good night :))) I am surprised she didn't hear my giggles.

Last year we went on a 10 night cruise...first night a horrible loud noise coming from next door...we both looked at each other saying "what is that?".

SNORING for 10 nights and whenever else he was in the cabin. Thank goodness for earplugs that I always take.

Missygirl

My snorer was in the room with me!

Archived