Most interesting cabin "neighbors"

cruisenanny

Can't say we've had any unusual experiences with cabin neighbors. However, biggest pet peeve is neighbors who turn their balcony light on and then leave it on all week, even when they're not outside. I like to sit on the balcony in the dark before retiring to bed and watch the stars (see a lot of falling stars this way), the lights from passing ships or islands and listen to the sound of the ocean. It's very relaxing but very annoying with lights in your eyes. It's one thing if the folks are actually out on their balcony. Just wish they'd remember to cut the lights off after they go inside.

This may not count, since they weren't really neighbors, but my 9 year old daughter told some other kids our cabin number on our last cruise and they started calling us at all hours and knocking on the door and running - it was bad enough that I went to the front desk, but they wouldn't do anything. (wouldn't you think they could track who called our room?!!?) We were really ticked, especially since had a 2 year old sleeping in the room, but it only really messed up a couple of days for us...

We had a family next to us that had a 2ish year old kid. This kid would scream anytime he was awake, which was usually very early in the morning when we wanted to sleep. :mad: There were times I was tempted to trip this little screamer when we would see them in the hall. I didn't actually do it, but I might have called their cabin a few times when I knew he was sleeping. :p

Not too bad as far as neighbors go, or at least not bad enough for me to remember and dwell on. A few door slams and a large family that was really loud last year, but they were nice and probably didnt realize how loud they were at times.

The worst noise by far was the lido deck chairs being moved ALL DAY LONG when we stayed on the deck below. A lesson learned about cabin selection.

We had some "neighbors" on a cruise that was a younger couple, the cabin on the other side of theirs were the parents of hubby. They had the partition open between their cabins. So after what was apparently quite an afternoon of drinking the young couple gets into something of a tiff at which point she YELLS at her hubby "I hate your mother and I hope she dies and burns in H#LL". The argument continues for awhile which we would have ignored but when someone started throwing things in the room (we hope it was shoes or something) we called security. Never saw them again for the rest of the cruise, I'm guessing it wasn't a happy trip home with the inlaws for her.

The only neighbor we have had that bothered us was on our last cruise. The man smoked the worst smelling cigars and it seemed everytime we went out on our balcony he came out and lite up a cigar. We would then have to go inside and not enjoy our balcony. I only wish others would think about their neighbors, and be more considerate. But, such is life - what can one do?

Can't say we've had any unusual experiences with cabin neighbors. However, biggest pet peeve is neighbors who turn their balcony light on and then leave it on all week, even when they're not outside. I like to sit on the balcony in the dark before retiring to bed and watch the stars (see a lot of falling stars this way), the lights from passing ships or islands and listen to the sound of the ocean. It's very relaxing but very annoying with lights in your eyes. It's one thing if the folks are actually out on their balcony. Just wish they'd remember to cut the lights off after they go inside.

None of the balcony lights worked in my cabin :(

We went a cruise with another couple. The guy is my husband's cousin. It was then we realized how thin those walls are. We could hear them, ya know what I mean? Ugh. Hearing "Yee haw!" and "Who's your captain?" about made me lose my lunch. LOL

Needless to say I couldn't make eye contact at breakfast the next morning.:o

On the Valor a few years ago we had a lady in the next cabin who did her best to look around the partition and into our cabin. DH kept saying he was going to stand naked by the door to give her something to see!!:eek:

We went a cruise with another couple. The guy is my husband's cousin. It was then we realized how thin those walls are. We could hear them, ya know what I mean? Ugh. Hearing "Yee haw!" and "Who's your captain?" about made me lose my lunch. LOL

Ohh!! Too too funny, I cant imagine that breakfast!

The ones I remember best are the ones we never heard or saw. The entire week we just saw a wheelchair sitting outside their cabin but never saw or heard anyone. I swear they spent the whole week in the cabin and it was an inside cabin. :confused:

This may not count, since they weren't really neighbors, but my 9 year old daughter told some other kids our cabin number on our last cruise and they started calling us at all hours and knocking on the door and running - it was bad enough that I went to the front desk, but they wouldn't do anything. (wouldn't you think they could track who called our room?!!?) We were really ticked, especially since had a 2 year old sleeping in the room, but it only really messed up a couple of days for us...

I would have just taken it off the hook, but that's just me.

I would have just taken it off the hook, but that's just me.

I think we did after the 2nd or 3rd call, but still - the damage was done by then - our little one wasn't a good sleeper back then!

On the Valor a few years ago we had a lady in the next cabin who did her best to look around the partition and into our cabin. DH kept saying he was going to stand naked by the door to give her something to see!!:eek:

DH caught Creepy India Guy next door who actually had his head around the partition to peek into our cabin.

DH saw him and yelled "hey".

Then I saw him too.

Creepy India Guy also had his family with him, Loud Grouchy Woman and some rowdy whiny kids.

They were in their cabin a lot.

And they all talked a lot...and LOUD.

Their balcony door was constantly slamming.

Plus the air never worked in our cabin so we really needed to be able to prop the door for some slightly cooler air, but wanted the drapes closed because of Creepy India Guy.

Somehow I'm not too keen on balconies.:rolleyes:

On the Triumph a few years ago my sister and I shared a cabin. Our cabin neighbors were sooo annoying! On one side we had the rejects of the symphony orchestra. They brought a flute on board and would play it at ALL HOURS! It sounded like nails on a chalkboard. It wasn't music, I saw the flute one time. I was tempted to steal it out of his hands and throw it overboard.

On the other we had the "thin walls" problem. It's never fun being in the cabin next to a honeymooning couple...

The only neighbor we have had that bothered us was on our last cruise. The man smoked the worst smelling cigars and it seemed everytime we went out on our balcony he came out and lite up a cigar. We would then have to go inside and not enjoy our balcony. I only wish others would think about their neighbors, and be more considerate. But, such is life - what can one do?

Try Celebrity:)

Irrespectful Door Slammers.....above, below, and/or both sides. Just about each cruise we do on Carnival.

Sometimes kids who understandably don't know better......but usually adults who might think it's too much work to quietly close their balcony doors.

Not many cruise critic members complain about this......which leads me to believe that they casually do the very same thing themselves.

Who CARES about making loud noise that other cabins must hear, they think. We're on vacation ! And lets have ANOTHER few shots and beers so we can slam 'em even MORE loud ! This is FUN !

Real class.

This post made my day! Very funny!

Our worst was on our Spirit Alaska cruise. We took an upsell to a Grand Suite and were next to a family in another one. They had two small kids that they would leave out on the balcony all the time. The kids would drag the chairs back and forth and smash them into the side of the partition. Every night they would let them back in, but then they would scream and yell until very late. We passed their cabin one day when the steward was cleaning and left the door open. We stood in shock at the mess we could see from the door. There had to have been 20 room service plates with half eaten stuff everywhere. The cabin was a wreck. The last night of the cruise we walked out and saw that they had 17 (yes 17) bags of luggage sat out for debarkation.

Other then that, things have been alright. We had a couple on one cruise that used an XM radio to blare country music all day.On our Miracle cruise we were in a VS Wrap Suite and our neighbor would always look around the partition to see if we were there. I guess he liked the balcony because he invited himself over to see the whole cabin.

We had awesome neighbors on our Victory cruise. We had an aft balcony so you could see each other. We got to be great friends with the couples on both sides and would hang out there every night talking. I still talk to one of the couples. They were on the magic inaugural and sent me a report of their cruise since they knew we would be on it in a couple weeks.

LOL!!! This is too funny ;):D

We havent had much trouble except for our very first cruise. We were the "honeymoon couple", but we were very careful to be as quiet as a church mouse. The family in the next room, however, didnt have a quiet bone in their body! :rolleyes:It kinds of ruins the mood when you are trying so hard to be "romantic", and you hear children screaming "He hit me..." and "MOM!!" and even the ADULTS using very loud voices like they wanted people in China to hear. Not just one night...every night, for 5 days! DH and I would just start laughing...what else can you do? We just made the best of it, and we sure didnt let it ruin the honeymoon ;) :D

On our cruise, we had a Penthouse suite with a large balcony. Our neighbors had the same next to us. When I was sitting out there just enjoying the warm sun, they would often come out to the balcony NUDE and "play". You could see them clearly in the reflection of the partition, I tried very hard not to look....but I admit, I'm a bit of a voyer. ;)

Archived