Most interesting cabin "neighbors"

cruisenanny

On our cruise, we had a Penthouse suite with a large balcony. Our neighbors had the same next to us. When I was sitting out there just enjoying the warm sun, they would often come out to the balcony NUDE and "play". You could see them clearly in the reflection of the partition, I tried very hard not to look....but I admit, I'm a bit of a voyer. ;)

LOL!!! Guess they weren't shy ;):D

On the cruise I took with my best friend on the Imagination, we booked a penthouse suite to celebrate a milestone birthday for her. I won't say which one, as she swore she would wait until I was sleeping & shave me bald if I told the people on roll call her age. She may have been kidding, but I'm still not taking any chances as we may sail again next year. Anyway, I digress.

Our next door neighbors cussed, yelled the F bomb, laughed & partied on their balcony the whole cruise. The last night before we disembarked was the worst. I guess the guy was thinking "what are they going to do - kick us off the ship?" when he chose to start blasting his stoner rock at 4AM. I wanted to get a little sleep before we hit miami so I finally called security. They were great. They were at his door within a few minutes & I heard them asking these guys if there would be any more complaints that night. I heard the lady assuring them that there would be no more noise. And they were true to their word - not a peep could be heard the rest of the night & I was able to sleep a couple more hours.

When I got back to the cabin after breakfast around 8, there was a large gathering of Customs and ship security officers in the hall outside the neighbor's cabin. It did not look friendly, and I heard them asking for passports from their country of origin. I was being nosy & was peeking out of the door peep hole. Just a lot of standing around. I got bored of that after 5 minutes & then when I looked out again by 8:30, everyone was gone. Don't know what happened, or if they were arrested. Don't know if they found contraband in suitcases or if the visit from security in the middle of the night tipped them off to something. But splurging on the penthouse suite sure wasn't the experience I thought it would be.

1st runner up - people upwind of us in balcony on celebrity, frequently smoking on balcony. One day it was particularly thick - must have been a few people smoking. I finally got fed up & called to complain. Pursers desk did not give a rip. Said unless I knew exactly which cabin, which deck, that they did not have personnel to investigate. So booking Celebrity is not necessarily the cure all to balcony smokers.

On the Valor a few years ago we had a lady in the next cabin who did her best to look around the partition and into our cabin. DH kept saying he was going to stand naked by the door to give her something to see!!:eek:

On our Honeymoon I was sitting on the Balcony nekkid and this guy poked his head around the partition. He immediately pulled his head back. I then poked my head around the partition and asked "Are you guys nekkid too???"

Never saw him again!

On our Honeymoon I was sitting on the Balcony nekkid and this guy poked his head around the partition. He immediately pulled his head back. I then poked my head around the partition and asked "Are you guys nekkid too???"

Never saw him again!

best.story.ever

I have been thankful to have had very quiet neighbours. On our last cruise, we only saw one balcony neighbour one time. the other side of us..i don't know if anyone was ever there.

A remedy to the "paper thin wall" problem: Scream and moan louder than them. It drowns them out and shows them just how easily you can be heard through the walls :)

Just off a 7 day cruise. The neighbors turned on their balcony night each night at 3 a.m. Odd, because there was no sound out on the balcony.

Oh, good information to know. I would be likely to be someone like that--I work night shift and when I'm off work and trying to live day-shift hours, I really only get about 75% there. Because my lunch time is at 3:30am, I often wake naturally around 3 or 3:30am, even on vacation.

I'm cruising in December and will have a balcony cabin. I will definitely try to remember to mind the lights if I go out on to the balcony then. Clearly that's a good time for a backlit Kindle ;)

Never saw him again!

LOL:D Sounds like something my DH would do!!!!:eek:

A few cruises back, we were assigned a cabin that was "adjoining" with the one next door. We didn't know those folks, but they must have been REALLY religious, because the woman kept yelling "OH GOD,,,,,OH GOD" over and over again at all hours? It went from annoying, to really funny by the time the cruise was over! (Nope,,we never did see 'em in the hall.) :D

"SKY"

Wow, great stories. I'm sure more to come.

Can't abate every instance but I try to pick a cabin between cabins that only hold 2 people. Helps with the loud kids issue but not much else.

Keep the stories coming.

Duane

We went a cruise with another couple. The guy is my husband's cousin. It was then we realized how thin those walls are. We could hear them, ya know what I mean? Ugh. Hearing "Yee haw!" and "Who's your captain?" about made me lose my lunch. LOL

Needless to say I couldn't make eye contact at breakfast the next morning.:o

I would have asked them if they saw CAPTAIN Crunch on the menu! :D

Never saw him again!

I may have to borrow this next cruise if that happens to me as I am known to enjoy my balcony au natural on vacation!:D

There was this cabin we could see a few doors down, on the Spirit class ship you can see the balconies that stick out farther from the extended ones. On this balcony there was a single strange looking gentleman who had a clothes line up for the duration of the cruise with his laundry drying. So we got to see his underwear and all the whole week. :rolleyes:

We had some "neighbors" on a cruise that was a younger couple, the cabin on the other side of theirs were the parents of hubby. They had the partition open between their cabins. So after what was apparently quite an afternoon of drinking the young couple gets into something of a tiff at which point she YELLS at her hubby "I hate your mother and I hope she dies and burns in H#LL". The argument continues for awhile which we would have ignored but when someone started throwing things in the room (we hope it was shoes or something) we called security. Never saw them again for the rest of the cruise, I'm guessing it wasn't a happy trip home with the inlaws for her.

This made me laugh...thanks....i feel bad for the family but i could just picture it in a movie or something.

A few cruises ago we had a couple next door that apparently tried to "kill" each other one night by beating the crap out of each other. Yelling, screaming, and it sounded like they were throwing stuff and each other up against the cabin walls and door. One call to security put an end to it and we never heard them again.

Just wish they'd remember to cut the lights off after they go inside.

Just off a 7 day cruise. The neighbors turned on their balcony night each night at 3 a.m. Odd, because there was no sound out on the balcony.

Some people literally do not know where the switch is for the balcony light and constantly turn on the switch wondering what it does... a couple of cruises ago our neighbor's (very nice mom/daughter) light kept going on/off on/off.. A few minutes later she popped her head around the divider (yeah we swapped drinks,etc.) and asked how I got on the light. She had been trying the switch in hopes of better lighting in the bathroom and did not realize it was the balcony light. Sometimes if you just mention it to your neighbors they may not even realize the light is on.

Hearing "Yee haw!" and "Who's your captain?" about made me lose my lunch. LOL

FUNNY!!!!

Never saw him again!

LOLOL Oh that's awesome!!!

None of the balcony lights worked in my cabin :(

You do know that the balcony lights are outside your cabin?;)

Too bad the balcony light switch isn't marked BALCONY.

Wow, great stories. I'm sure more to come.

Can't abate every instance but I try to pick a cabin between cabins that only hold 2 people. Helps with the loud kids issue but not much else.

Keep the stories coming.

Duane

Oh great point!! I never really thought of avoiding that, just checked our next sailing & there's a quad suite on 1 side of us.... Will definately be keeping this tip in mind for the future!!

we had a family who got the cabins on either side of us, then shouted across the balconies to communicate. We offered to switch cabins so they could be closer, but they refused, then they scowled at us the rest of the cruise.:eek:

On our first cruise we had a mother, 2 daughters and daughters friend in the cabin next to us. These were all adult women. Second to last night, all hell broke lose at 3am. One daughter comes in and the screaming and fighting is on. She accuses her mom and sister of only wanting her on the cruise because she had a credit card. We let this go on for over an hour and then called security. They made the daughter leave the cabin and sleep elsewhere. All was quiet after that, until the next day.

The daughter that was removed and happened to have the credit card on the S&S, closed the account so that no one could charge anything else. We then heard the mom and other daughter arguing because they couldn't drink anymore.

We found all of this out by being in our cabin and could hear every word that came out of their mouths.

We were walking down the hallway to our cabin about 1:00 in the morning when we heard noises. We looked behind us because we thought it was someone else in the hallway. No one was there !!! As we got a couple steps closer to our cabin it got MUCH louder. WE were still about 6 doors away. When we finally got to our cabin we realized they were in the cabin right across from us. OMG!!! For a few seconds we thought someone was being KILLED. We just stood for a few more seconds to make sure that wasn't the case. We could hear them for at least another hour as we were trying to go to sleep. HOLY COW What stamina!!!! We still talk about that incident and laugh. It was only one night though. I couldn't stand all that "noise" every night if it wasn't me making it.........LOL

Never saw him again!

I'll have to remember that. I plan to use my balcony a lot and when I'm on vacation....well, let's just say I'm on vacation.

A remedy to the "paper thin wall" problem: Scream and moan louder than them. It drowns them out and shows them just how easily you can be heard through the walls :)

Love this!

we had a family who got the cabins on either side of us, then shouted across the balconies to communicate. We offered to switch cabins so they could be closer, but they refused, then they scowled at us the rest of the cruise.:eek:

Can you imagine?? I would have had a hard time dealing with this scenario:( As in you would be sitting on your balcony & they would be leaning over shouting accross at each other??

My neigboring cabin mate was in the horse race contest and took his horse everywhere. Coming back from a long excursion my back ached. He was walking just behind me on the way to his cabin and I said I need a chiropractor. He said he was a chiropractor and offered me an adjustment. He came in and gave me a quick adjustment. It was heaven!

For those who leave balcony light on just call them and ask it be turned off.

We had this on NCL on our honeymoon. It was the forward (directly under the bridge) suites and they CLIMBED over the dividers and walked over to each other and threw stuff, etc.

We kept calling security and spoke to the Hotel Director - but were advised that "it was a full ship"? HUH? Needless to say - the honeymoon was over for us.

That's why the Carnival Miracle cruise later that year is now known as our Honeymoon cruise. ;)

I guess we have been lucky because we have never had any problems. On a cruise last year we did notice down the hall from us there was a security guard that sat outside of a cabin for a day or two. We had heard there was some sort of domestic dispute.

Archived