Most interesting cabin "neighbors"

cruisenanny

SINCE YOU ASKED. It was about a year ago and my last balcony. The neighbors brought the party into their room the first night. They and their guest were whooping it up when we got back around 1 am. The partied most of the night but since it was the first night I didn't say or do anything. We got very little sleep and laughed it off the next day. The second night we came back about 11 and again the party was in high gear with lots of laughing and profanity. At midnight I called the room and asked them to keep it down..the guy hung up on me but it got quiet. I thought everything would be okay but the next night around 2 am, while we were sleeping they cam home, cranked up the TV to loud, banged around, talked loud, and when I pounded on the wall they pounded back. When I called the room someone picked up the phone and hung it up. Now I was p^$$#d. I put my shoes on, went next door and pounded, then kicked on the door. Of course the a$$h&!3 never opened it but some of the other people, hearing me shout at the closed door peeked into the hall. Someone called security about the nut wearing only undershorts and shoes kicking on a cabin door. By the time the two cops came I was back in my cabin but they knew where to go and warned me that any more trouble out of me and I would be put off at the next port.After hearing my side they went went next door and repeated the warning. The rest of the cruise was quiet and I even got time to work on a new project, on the balcony.

Well I'm glad security at least listened to your side & warned them for you. Sounds like it could have gotten very bad otherwise!! Yikes:eek:

But our favorite was when late at night we heard our neighbor screaming "no more, no more", we thought great she's had enough, suddenly shes screaming"more, more more more"". Well that just got us started.;)

:eek::o:D

DH and I were on the Ecstasy. Never really heard the next door neighbors until one night I was in bed reading. When I heard someone crying and saying I'm so sorry mommy, I won't do it again (couldn't tell if it was a girl or boy). Then the mother started screaming how could you do this and I can't believe you did this, etc. The kid started crying louder and louder and and kept saying how sorry they were. Mom by now was a raving maniac, screaming at the kid and swearing. I banged on the wall hoping that would get their attention but mom just continued screaming at the top of her lungs. Some of the things she said really upset me because being a mom myself I know you can get pretty upset with your kids but this crossed the line. I just couldn't imagine what this child could do, short of murder, that called for the kind of abuse I was hearing. I called Security and they came to our cabin and asked what was going on. I explained what I heard and they assured me that the people next door wouldn't know we called. And that they would take care of the problem. They then went next door and you could hear the kid still crying and mom screaming. Mom calmed down after security talked to her and we didn't hear any more drama after that. Guest Services called and asked if everything was o.k. and to please call back if the screaming started again. Never saw them the next day and the day after that we arrived back in Galveston. First and only time we ever heard any thing like that.

not interesting--nasty. a older gentlemen next too us kept spitting ( out of habit i think ) down too the lower deck from our deck 5 balcony. he was disgusting and i felt sorry for anyone who might have been in a ''direct hit spot'' when he did it. eeewwwww:eek:.

DH caught Creepy India Guy next door who actually had his head around the partition to peek into our cabin.

DH saw him and yelled "hey".

Then I saw him too.

Creepy India Guy also had his family with him, Loud Grouchy Woman and some rowdy whiny kids.

They were in their cabin a lot.

And they all talked a lot...and LOUD.

Their balcony door was constantly slamming.

Plus the air never worked in our cabin so we really needed to be able to prop the door for some slightly cooler air, but wanted the drapes closed because of Creepy India Guy.

Somehow I'm not too keen on balconies.:rolleyes:

I love this thread! Lol It's good to know that someone else on CC also gives the "Characters" on the ship names. Me and my BF do this all the time on vacation.

On my last cruise, 2 of our friends had the cabin to our right and there was a couple with 2 young kids (maybe about 5-7 years old) to our left.

One evening our friends got in a loud argument while we were getting ready for dinner. All because one friend took a really long shower and after her shower decided to continue to hog the bathroom to flat iron her hair for another 45 minutes. We let the other friend in our room so he could use our bathroom to get ready. When he was done we went to dinner leaving her in the room still playing with her hair. She joined us 20 minutes later.

Also multiple times during the same cruise we happened to hear our neighbors to the left "having fun" in the afternoon hours. Our guess was while the kids were at Camp Carnival Mommy and Daddy decided to have play time. :p They were so loud sometimes we would just leave our room. I mean hey it was their vacation too! ;)

I hardly consider myself "lower class" but I do forget about the vacuum strength of the wind tunnel between the balcony door and the cabin door so my door may get slamed shut. If it does I apologize before hand. If my light is on on my balcony, it's because I want it on, I pay my utility bills at home, I don't leave lights on for the hell of it. While you are stargazing, I may be reading (therefore no noise as I seldom read out loud to myself). I don't look around the edge to see what other people are doing, smoking, wearing, drinking, eating or who they are doing. My only concern while on vacation is my cabin and balcony. I surely hope you all enjoy your cabin and balcony too............ and if you are having a wee drink (or want one) yell over, I'm happy to share and enjoy my vacation with you! That is of course if you want to spend your time with my "lower class ass".

AMEN Sister!!!!!

Sorry if it bothers you that us poor people can afford to go on cruises now, but at least my Momma raised me with class and tact. Which is less than I can say for some posters....:rolleyes:

When we booked our cruise with our neighbors on the Valor 1 1/2 years ago I purposely booked a room between us telling our neighbors that was all that was available. We didn't want any funny looks at us during breakfast or any time because of our "fighting". When on vacation we tend to let our hair down more when we "fight". As a matter of fact when on a cruise we tend to "fight" a lot more often then when at home. It is the 600 mile rule. When 600 miles or more away from home you can do things you normally wouldn't do at home. What happens at sea stays at sea. The funny thing is the room between us had a couple in it that really fought and swore the whole cruise. Oh well that is better then our neighbors hearing us or us hearing them!

Wiz

When we booked our cruise with our neighbors on the Valor 1 1/2 years ago I purposely booked a room between us telling our neighbors that was all that was available. We didn't want any funny looks at us during breakfast or any time because of our "fighting". When on vacation we tend to let our hair down more when we "fight". As a matter of fact when on a cruise we tend to "fight" a lot more often then when at home. It is the 600 mile rule. When 600 miles or more away from home you can do things you normally wouldn't do at home. What happens at sea stays at sea. The funny thing is the room between us had a couple in it that really fought and swore the whole cruise. Oh well that is better then our neighbors hearing us or us hearing them!

Wiz

Oh geeez..my mom and stepdad will be on side of us and our kids will be on the other side of us in a connecting room. I guess we will have to "fight" in silence if the walls are that thin.

Oh geeez..my mom and stepdad will be on side of us and our kids will be on the other side of us in a connecting room. I guess we will have to "fight" in silence if the walls are that thin.[/quo

My parents treated us to our cruise last year on the Summit. Unfortunately we had no say in our cabin location, of course. They were on one side of us & our kids were on the other. Didn't fight all week, no way that was happening:(. Our upcoming cruises are just hubby & I. I think I may fight with him all week, fair warning to our neighbors!!!:o:Dlol jk

These stories are hilarious! I feel like I am jinxing myself by reading them. We have of course heard the door slams and some late night loud conversation the hall, but nothing really bad. It would take really rude purposeful behavior to happen before I called security. We actually became friends with a whole bunch of people that had aft balconies like us.

I am still laughing at the naked stories....

On our recent Dream cruise the couple next to us seemed very nice, then one day the were fighting horribly. Things were being thrown in the room. When I came back to the room there were alot of security in the hall and I heard the young woman yelling "he threw $1000 overboard and now we have no money". they moved her out of the room and for the next couple of hours security was outside their door. THe man was yelling at the security guy constantly. The next day the couple was together all day.... Now the older couple on the other side we thought we also nice....well they ended up fighting also on the last day out on their balcony....wow that was fun......glad my husband and I didn't fight....

On our recent Dream cruise the couple next to us seemed very nice, then one day the were fighting horribly. Things were being thrown in the room. When I came back to the room there were alot of security in the hall and I heard the young woman yelling "he threw $1000 overboard and now we have no money". they moved her out of the room and for the next couple of hours security was outside their door. THe man was yelling at the security guy constantly. The next day the couple was together all day.... Now the older couple on the other side we thought we also nice....well they ended up fighting also on the last day out on their balcony....wow that was fun......glad my husband and I didn't fight....

Whoa! I can't imagine anything on earth that could make me so mad that I would throw $1000 overboard! Thats the craziest thing ever!:eek:

That's our biggest REPEAT problem......on each and every Carnival cruise. It's either above, below, left side or right......guaranteed to happen. Twice had more than one adjacent room slamming. (forget about getting a good nap when that happens! ).

Slam, slam, and then let's allow the door to slam again. Lower prices apparently influences enough lower CLASS vacationers. Motel 6 attitude, I guess.

Wondering if you get the same thing with lines like Celebrity, Princess, and Holland America.....which we've not tried .

Anybody .........is it there as well ?

Sorry, maybe next cruise if you book your cabin in first class you wont have to rub elbows with the lower class people that are down in the bowels of the ship rowing or slamming doors or breathing to loud or letting their kid run in the halls while tripping over your little rascal walmart scooter parked in the way. please post what cruise you are on so I can book a different one

Irrespectful Door Slammers.....above, below, and/or both sides. Just about each cruise we do on Carnival.

Sometimes kids who understandably don't know better......but usually adults who might think it's too much work to quietly close their balcony doors.

Not many cruise critic members complain about this......which leads me to believe that they casually do the very same thing themselves.

Who CARES about making loud noise that other cabins must hear, they think. We're on vacation ! And lets have ANOTHER few shots and beers so we can slam 'em even MORE loud ! This is FUN !

Real class.

I got a ship on a stick once for door slamming contest. if that is your major complaint you really got nothing to complain about

On the Splendor few years ago, my kids and I were out on the balcony around 8 am and we were talking in normal voices ( I swear!) and the teenage kids next door yelled "*uck youuuuuu" really loudly to us.

I'm still regretting not going over there and telling the kids or their parents a piece of my mind.

I know how my family and I can be the best cabin neighbors ever.;)

We will have 9 cabins all together so we can give all the kids (7 of them) whistles to get each other's attention, super soaker water guns to battle from1 balcony to another, have them race each other up and down the halls in the wee hours of the morning and the adults can sit on their balconies all day and night with lights on drinking smuggled booze.

This cruise is going to be so much fun.... I can't wait:)

We were on a cruise with our two teenage daughters. On one side of us was a woman, her two year old, and her mother. I guess her husband was smart enough not to come. The two year old was a terror but she had no parenting skills. She would let "Cody" scream at the top of his lungs until she couldn't stand it and then she would scream back at him. This always happened in the morning and my daughters could not slepp as late as they as teenagers like to sleep. My daughter kept threatening to throw him overboard. We told our table mates about the little boy without mentioning his name. One night at dinner, they said they saw the family and sure enough the mother was screaming "Cody".

On the other side was a very "active couple" the walls were paper thin.

I wonder if that was the same domestic dispute we had next to us. It was on a recent Dream trip as well. There was so much banging and yelling and cursing about money.

Whoa! I can't imagine anything on earth that could make me so mad that I would throw $1000 overboard! Thats the craziest thing ever!:eek:

Can you imagine? I mean how nuts and stupid would he have to be? He's lucky DW didn't hoist his sorry butt overboard to try to retrieve it.

Archived