Most interesting cabin "neighbors"

cruisenanny

We went a cruise with another couple. The guy is my husband's cousin. It was then we realized how thin those walls are. We could hear them, ya know what I mean? Ugh. Hearing "Yee haw!" and "Who's your captain?" about made me lose my lunch. LOL

Needless to say I couldn't make eye contact at breakfast the next morning.:o

Ha that is funny. And they are very inventive for putting "Yee Haw" and "Who's your captain" in the same evening!

When we booked our cruise with our neighbors on the Valor 1 1/2 years ago I purposely booked a room between us telling our neighbors that was all that was available. We didn't want any funny looks at us during breakfast or any time because of our "fighting". When on vacation we tend to let our hair down more when we "fight". As a matter of fact when on a cruise we tend to "fight" a lot more often then when at home. It is the 600 mile rule. When 600 miles or more away from home you can do things you normally wouldn't do at home. What happens at sea stays at sea. The funny thing is the room between us had a couple in it that really fought and swore the whole cruise. Oh well that is better then our neighbors hearing us or us hearing them!

Wiz

Funny thing is our last cruise was with the in-laws on the Spirit and the rooms were right next door to each other. We didn't hear anything from their cabin except the TV once in a while if our cabin was totally quiet. Hopefully they didn't hear anything from our cabin as well. It was my birthday during the cruise so we had birthday "fighting" which is better than cruise "fighting", hotel "fighting" or vacation "fighting".

As far as door slamming don't get me started. I don't understand why people don't quietly close their doors. On a cruise ship or in a hotel it doesn't matter. Remember just because you are up at 6AM to get an early start doesn't mean everybody else is up at that time. Also some people like to take a nap in the afternoon. I have a relative who I think purposely slams their door just to let everyone else on the ship or in a hotel know they have "arrived". I hate traveling with them it is so embarrassing I'm quietly closing my room door and they come out into the hall and WHAM their door closes every time! The queen has arrived!

Wiz

This thread is both sad and funny in equal measures. It's amazing how so many people today are just completely clueless/ignorant of their own actions and how they affect others around them.

Still, without such lovely people we wouldn't have the pleasure of entertaining threads like this one. :D

This thread is both sad and funny in equal measures. It's amazing how so many people today are just completely clueless/ignorant of their own actions and how they affect others around them.

Still, without such lovely people we wouldn't have the pleasure of entertaining threads like this one. :D

So true..:D

;):D:D:cool:

Yes you are right! It is all about perspective.

Wiz

AKA a complete lack of Situational Awareness!

Reading through this thread I don't think i've read anything similar to our experience. Last summer on the miracle we had neighbors who against warnings kept feeding the seagulls when leaving a port. As a result our balcony was inundated by seagulls and there little droppings from heaven. After the second port I called guest services but nothing was ever done.

A couple next door was fighting very loudly, throwing things. I could hear slaps. It was awful. Security came and they quieted down.

What's up with all these people fighting?

My first thought was "oh that poor woman" but you never know who was hitting who really! Imagine what they do at home if they will do that when they most likely know people can hear them!!??:eek: UGH:(

Reading through this thread I don't think i've read anything similar to our experience. Last summer on the miracle we had neighbors who against warnings kept feeding the seagulls when leaving a port. As a result our balcony was inundated by seagulls and there little droppings from heaven. After the second port I called guest services but nothing was ever done.

Yuk! Who would even think to do that since their own balcony had to get "dropped"on too! lol

We have been very fortunate to have great neighbors on all of our cruises! First cruise a very nice southern couple that sent us chocolate dipped strawberries. Still can't figure that one out.

Second cruise, quiet and polite gay couple. Heard nothing, saw nothing other than an occasional, "high, how are you?" over the balcony divider.

Except for a few door slams, some smoke from cigarettes, and leaving the balcony light on, I got nothing.

Does that mean WE are those dreaded next door cabin mates?:eek:

We have been very fortunate to have great neighbors on all of our cruises! First cruise a very nice southern couple that sent us chocolate dipped strawberries. Still can't figure that one out.

Second cruise, quiet and polite gay couple. Heard nothing, saw nothing other than an occasional, "high, how are you?" over the balcony divider.

Except for a few door slams, some smoke from cigarettes, and leaving the balcony light on, I got nothing.

Does that mean WE are those dreaded next door cabin mates?:eek:

:eek:LOL I doubt it!

:eek:LOL I doubt it!

LOL, I'm not so sure!!

But, did love the one about neighbor looking around balcony divider and the fix for that behavior.

Told DW that we'll have to sit out on our balcony nude next time that happens to us:D

A belly laugh for all. . .

And.....how many days till we can test this? Yeah baby, lift off date is approaching.. . . . .

Yuk! Who would even think to do that since their own balcony had to get "dropped"on too! lol

I can see that you live near the shore. I also live near the shore, and grew up only blocks from the beach. Sometimes, people who live inland (think landlocked state) do not realize how the gulls will repay them when they feed them.

LOL, I'm not so sure!!

But, did love the one about neighbor looking around balcony divider and the fix for that behavior.

Told DW that we'll have to sit out on our balcony nude next time that happens to us:D

A belly laugh for all. . .

And.....how many days till we can test this? Yeah baby, lift off date is approaching.. . . . .

Hahaha!!! I told my hubby the same thing, at least one nude appearance on our balcony will now be in order, thanks to this thread!!:eek::D:o Too darn funny..

I have been really fortunate (knock on wood) that I have not had bad neighbors. Moving into the Magic a couple of weeks ago we met our neighbors across the hall (all our doors were open) and had a nice chat with them. Saw them often.

I try to be a good neighbor, too.:D

We went a cruise with another couple. The guy is my husband's cousin. It was then we realized how thin those walls are. We could hear them, ya know what I mean? Ugh. Hearing "Yee haw!" and "Who's your captain?" about made me lose my lunch. LOL

Needless to say I couldn't make eye contact at breakfast the next morning.:o

Should have beat on the wall and yelled "slow down it will last longer!"

We only had one incident with a cabin neighbor, which we found very interesting and funny.

It was my DH first cruise and our neighbors never came out of their cabin. All week they had room service. All day and night we heard all sorts of pleasures and thank you's and OMG's.

We actually would lean up to the wall and listen for awhile...hahahaha

This reminds me of the time we spent several days in Galevston before our cruise and had very obnoxios neighbors who came home drunk and loud every night. I saw the guy one morning and asked him to be a little more respectful of the other guests and to please keep it down. He just walked away without saying a word but that night was the same. That night I put bread all over his car which attracted the seaguls and they did a huge number on his car. The following morning I howled with laughter as I watched him through my window put on his washers and smear his windshield so bad he had to take a wet towel to clean it. When he complained to the manager they argued and the jerks were told to leave.

We only had one incident with a cabin neighbor, which we found very interesting and funny.

It was my DH first cruise and our neighbors never came out of their cabin. All week they had room service. All day and night we heard all sorts of pleasures and thank you's and OMG's.

You "prevert"!:eek::o:D

Learn anything????:p;):D

And?:o:):D

Did you find out who their captain was??? :D

What?!? No update?????:D

Archived