Just booked A1-1140 aft cabin on new Summit!

Liz315

Just spoke to Celebrity and was told they just got updated deck plans for Summit. He told me that the aft facing cabins are over the sunset bar. They are recessed for privacy but he said that if you are really offended by cigarette smoke not to take these cabins as smoking is allowed on the deck below. I don't smoke but I'm not really offended by it either so I booked the center aft cabin! YAY, I think it'll be a fun place to be.

So glad I selected AQ on deck 9 instead. I was conceded about the noise from the Sunset Bar already, adding drifting smoke would be awful IMO. Canrpt imagine why these are the highest price non-suite cabins. :confused:

Just spoke to Celebrity and was told they just got updated deck plans for Summit. He told me that the aft facing cabins are over the sunset bar. They are recessed for privacy but he said that if you are really offended by cigarette smoke not to take these cabins as smoking is allowed on the deck below. I don't smoke but I'm not really offended by it either so I booked the center aft cabin! YAY, I think it'll be a fun place to be.

I booked the same cabin for June 2012- didn't think about the smoke rising -- thats not good !... When do you sail?

We sail August 2012, I have a feeling that it will be fine. I'm sure that when she sets sail in February we'll hear lots of reviews and see pics and can always change if seems unappealing. It may be bet

woops, hit the wrong button! It may be better than we think. I'm willing to give it a shot. But if even the faintest whiff of smoke bothers you I would steer clear so that you suffer no pre-cruise stress over worrying about it.

woops, hit the wrong button! It may be better than we think. I'm willing to give it a shot. But if even the faintest whiff of smoke bothers you I would steer clear so that you suffer no pre-cruise stress over worrying about it.

NO pre cruise stress- will watch the reviews- if bad -i'll bring a fan ,, :D

I booked the same cabin for June 2012- didn't think about the smoke rising -- thats not good !... When do you sail?

Are you doing the Summit instead of the Dawn next year? Still trying to decide. I really want to try an aft but motion and DH's problem walking are both keeping me from trying it. If I booked it could I still change my date and get my OBC? I have an open booking certificate I got last month.

And it may not matter to you... But I've sailed aft cabins on M-Class twice now, have another booked for Alaska in July, and have booked one of the new AquaClass afts on Deck 11 [specifically, 1133] for a South America trip on Infinity next January...

Obviously, I'm hooked! But you might want to know that, on my past trips on both Constellation and Infinity, it was not uncommon for the guitarist--with amp--to sometimes [afternoons and evenings] play outdoors after setting up smack dab in the middle and along the rear rail of the Sunset Bar... It never bothered me--and in fact, I enjoyed it even though it sometimes went to 11:00 PM--but I'm not sure that I'd have wanted to occupy the center aft on Deck 9 immediately below [in fact, I've selected afts on Decks 7 and 8 as all of those on Deck 9 get some amount of foot traffic from above]...

I selected 1133 [end aft/port] based upon the fact that my South America trip is traveling eastbound [santiago to Buenos Aires] and will be positioned just a bit closer to the coast line even though I know, at least on Infinity and Constellation, that smoking on that outdoor dining deck around Sunset Bar is restricted to the port side...

Not trying to rain on your parade... 1140 might well be a terrific cabin and suit you in every respect [and in any case, it will be fun to have a newly constructed cabin with the prospect of an oversized verandah]... But if you're interested in muting the entertainment a bit and reducing the smoke exposure, you might want to consider moving to a Deck 11 aft [i predict that they'll become very popular] favoring the starboard side of the ship...

Just my observations; hope you realize that they're intended to be helpful/constructive...

Are you doing the Summit instead of the Dawn next year? Still trying to decide. I really want to try an aft but motion and DH's problem walking are both keeping me from trying it. If I booked it could I still change my date and get my OBC? I have an open booking certificate I got last month.

would say 99.9% yes- doing summit- benefits of elite will make it worth it-and the sun-sun helps with work for dh. I hear you on the motion- I have severe motion sickness- have to use patch-only thing that works.

If you have an open next cruise booking-yes you can change it and get obc.

Do those new AQ afts have ginormous balconies like the afts on the 7, 8, and 9th decks?

I certainly hope so !

Sandy

And it may not matter to you... But I've sailed aft cabins on M-Class twice now, have another booked for Alaska in July, and have booked one of the new AquaClass afts on Deck 11 [specifically, 1133] for a South America trip on Infinity next January...

Obviously, I'm hooked! But you might want to know that, on my past trips on both Constellation and Infinity, it was not uncommon for the guitarist--with amp--to sometimes [afternoons and evenings] play outdoors after setting up smack dab in the middle and along the rear rail of the Sunset Bar... It never bothered me--and in fact, I enjoyed it even though it sometimes went to 11:00 PM--but I'm not sure that I'd have wanted to occupy the center aft on Deck 9 immediately below [in fact, I've selected afts on Decks 7 and 8 as all of those on Deck 9 get some amount of foot traffic from above]...

I selected 1133 [end aft/port] based upon the fact that my South America trip is traveling eastbound [santiago to Buenos Aires] and will be positioned just a bit closer to the coast line even though I know, at least on Infinity and Constellation, that smoking on that outdoor dining deck around Sunset Bar is restricted to the port side...

Not trying to rain on your parade... 1140 might well be a terrific cabin and suit you in every respect [and in any case, it will be fun to have a newly constructed cabin with the prospect of an oversized verandah]... But if you're interested in muting the entertainment a bit and reducing the smoke exposure, you might want to consider moving to a Deck 11 aft [i predict that they'll become very popular] favoring the starboard side of the ship...

Just my observations; hope you realize that they're intended to be helpful/constructive...

Thanks Xport, I appreciate all the input I can get. Do you think that a move of just 2 cabins over would make that much of a difference? I believe it's still available and I might consider moving (but I think I'll like the music), but looking at the deck plans 1133 is not on the end, 1139 is with a hallway between.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragitresize75.php?ship=Celebrity Summit

I could be completely wrong, let me know. Thanks

I notice these cabins are in the area where the kids fun factory was. I can't seem to find it anywhere else. Has the kids area been eliminated?

fun factory will be located by the Revelations Lounge. cruisedeckplans.com

I notice these cabins are in the area where the kids fun factory was. I can't seem to find it anywhere else. Has the kids area been eliminated?

The fun factory is being moved forward on deck 11 - see plans : http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/Solsticizing_IN/Deck_Plans/CEL_SummitDecks2011.pdf

Totally appreciate your input - I am normally a midshipper- but since i'm going to try aft- I want the full aft- for better or worse- guess i'll find out...

Sandy

Do those new AQ afts have ginormous balconies like the afts on the 7, 8, and 9th decks?

from that website it does look like the balconies will be on the ginormous size!:D

Thanks Xport, I appreciate all the input I can get. Do you think that a move of just 2 cabins over would make that much of a difference? I believe it's still available and I might consider moving (but I think I'll like the music), but looking at the deck plans 1133 is not on the end, 1139 is with a hallway between.

www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragitresize75.php?ship=Celebrity Summit

I'm relieved to know that you accepted my comments in the spirit in which they were intended! I was tempted to share them when I first saw your post but didn't want to come across as questioning your choice... Ultimately, I decided to share my experiences and my thoughts about the new Deck 11 cabins after having considered the very same issues myself--they're a complete unknown but I am psyched about them--about three weeks ago...

As to moving... Well, I do enjoy the music--especially at pre-dinner happy hour/as I'm getting ready for dinner--and it's audible from all the afts... I'm just saying that it would be toned down a bit as you move from the center [as a reference, I've had 8185 and 7203 and will sail in 8170 in July] if important to you... And as for smoke, I'm guessing that it will also be dampened a bit--if important--by moving as far to the starboard side [ie; 1130] from center given that smoking is restricted to the port side of Deck 10 Aft [sunset Bar; that area is also the outdoor dining area for the adjacent buffet] on both Infinity and Constellation... And though I didn't mention it earlier, I personally like the idea that the hallways flanking one side of 1130 and 1133--which seem to end in a stairwell to Deck 10 [i'm predicting they'll get little use and yet provide an express route to the bar/buffet for us!] means no neighbor noise [not that I've encountered much of it on any Celebrity cruise] from one side...

You really took my breath away when I first read your reference to 1133 but, after looking at your link, it is the room I want! If the aft verandahs on the new Deck 11 cabins are going to be oversized as they are on Decks 7, 8, and 9 [two penthouses occupy the aft of Deck 6], it will be those numbered 1130, 1133, 1138, 1140, and 1141... 1136 and 1139 are not truly afts--cabins that provide a view to the ship's wake--but are rather the rearmost cabins on the starboard and port sides of the ship... Those had some initial appeal to me but no one at Celebrity could tell me if those verandahs would be open to two sides [ie; port and aft or starboard and aft]... And then, the stairwell doors at the end of those L-shaped hallways directly abut 1136 and 1139 so as to create some potential for noise...

Regardless of what you decide--it comes down to personal preference and informed choice, I sincerely doubt that you'll be disappointed in any of those brand new afts on Deck 11... And I expect you'll thoroughly enjoy AquaClass... I've done it four times now on the Solstice-Class ships, have it booked on five future Solstice-Class cruises, and am really looking forward to experiencing it on Infinity [the first of the M-Class ships on which AquaClass is being introduced] in January...

So glad you found my comments to be of value... It was never my intent to question your judgement or alarm you... Above all else, enjoy! Don't be surprised if Celebrity wins you over...

www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragitresize75.php?ship=Celebrity Summit

I'm relieved to know that you accepted my comments in the spirit in which they were intended! I was tempted to share them when I first saw your post but didn't want to come across as questioning your choice... Ultimately, I decided to share my experiences and my thoughts about the new Deck 11 cabins after having considered the very same issues myself--they're a complete unknown but I am psyched about them--about three weeks ago...

As to moving... Well, I do enjoy the music--especially at pre-dinner happy hour/as I'm getting ready for dinner--and it's audible from all the afts... I'm just saying that it would be toned down a bit as you move from the center [as a reference, I've had 8185 and 7203 and will sail in 8170 in July] if important to you... And as for smoke, I'm guessing that it will also be dampened a bit--if important--by moving as far to the starboard side [ie; 1130] from center given that smoking is restricted to the port side of Deck 10 Aft [sunset Bar; that area is also the outdoor dining area for the adjacent buffet] on both Infinity and Constellation... And though I didn't mention it earlier, I personally like the idea that the hallways flanking one side of 1130 and 1133--which seem to end in a stairwell to Deck 10 [i'm predicting they'll get little use and yet provide an express route to the bar/buffet for us!] means no neighbor noise [not that I've encountered much of it on any Celebrity cruise] from one side...

You really took my breath away when I first read your reference to 1133 but, after looking at your link, it is the room I want! If the aft verandahs on the new Deck 11 cabins are going to be oversized as they are on Decks 7, 8, and 9 [two penthouses occupy the aft of Deck 6], it will be those numbered 1130, 1133, 1138, 1140, and 1141... 1136 and 1139 are not truly afts--cabins that provide a direct, head-on view to the ship's wake--but are rather the rearmost cabins on the starboard and port sides of the ship... Those had some initial appeal to me but no one at Celebrity could tell me if those verandahs would be open to two sides [ie; port and aft or starboard and aft]... And then, the stairwell doors at the end of those L-shaped hallways directly abut 1136 and 1139 so as to create some potential for noise...

Regardless of what you decide--it comes down to personal preference and informed choice, I sincerely doubt that you'll be disappointed in any of those brand new afts on Deck 11... And I expect you'll thoroughly enjoy AquaClass... I've done it four times now on the Solstice-Class ships, have it booked on six future Solstice-Class cruises, and am really looking forward to experiencing it on Infinity [the first of the M-Class ships on which AquaClass is being introduced] in January...

So glad you found my comments to be of value... It was never my intent to question your judgement or alarm you... Above all else, enjoy!

Edited by Xport

Sorry, I inadvertantly duplicated my last post while trying to do a small edit to it... The Board is behaving strangely this evening!

Edited by Xport

You really took my breath away when I first read your reference to 1133 but, after looking at your link, it is the room I want! If the aft verandahs on the new Deck 11 cabins are going to be oversized as they are on Decks 7, 8, and 9 [two penthouses occupy the aft of Deck 6], it will be those numbered 1130, 1133, 1138, 1140, and 1141... 1136 and 1139 are not truly afts--cabins that provide a view to the ship's wake--but are rather the rearmost cabins on the starboard and port sides of the ship... Those had some initial appeal to me but no one at Celebrity could tell me if those verandahs would be open to two sides [ie; port and aft or starboard and aft]... And then, the stairwell doors at the end of those L-shaped hallways directly abut 1136 and 1139 so as to create some potential for noise...

Regardless of what you decide--it comes down to personal preference and informed choice, I sincerely doubt that you'll be disappointed in any of those brand new afts on Deck 11... And I expect you'll thoroughly enjoy AquaClass... I've done it four times now on the Solstice-Class ships, have it booked on five future Solstice-Class cruises, and am really looking forward to experiencing it on Infinity [the first of the M-Class ships on which AquaClass is being introduced] in January...

So glad you found my comments to be of value... It was never my intent to question your judgement or alarm you... Above all else, enjoy! Don't be surprised if Celebrity wins you over...

No worries! As a matter of fact Celebrity won me over years ago! I've sailed a few times on Celebrity. When I cruise with my children I take them on Disney and Royal (and NCL once,although we had fun I probably wouldn't repeat this one again). When I cruise w/out them I cruise Celebrity. I will be sailing on the Summit this summer and then again next summer, thought I would do the before and after thing!

I've decided that I'm very happy with my cabin choice. Built in entertainment! I'm actually more concerned with the breakfast crowd and privacy. I enjoy breakfast on the balcony w/out a crowd!! Is the sunset bar also where people enjoy the breakfast buffet? I was told that the cabins are recessed to ensure privacy so I'm confident (and hopeful) that mornings on the balcony will be peaceful and lovely:)

• 3 years later...

Know this posting is WAY after the Liz316's cruise, but hoping she's still monitoring and can give her review of the cabin.

My group (3 couples) have 1139 (port-aft), 1133 (aft-port) and 1140 (aft-center).

Hi Calgon1 - I don't know if this helps, but we were in 1138 for 14 days, we liked it so much we have the same cabin booked on Millie for a future cruise. We didn't notice any smoke and enjoyed the music from the bar below.

I think there are a lot of reviews for these aft cabins, you should also check the sticky for the M class cabins!

We were in 1138 on sister Infinity and have sailed on the Summit.

Those are great cabins and you can have the balcony divider opened between 1140 and 1139.

The balcony on 1140 is the largest and the others angle back.

I don't believe that smoking is still permitted on the port side of the Sunset Bar. I know it is no longer permitted on the Infinity.

The only flaw in the "new" cabins is the shower door. Your cabin steward will bring extra towels to mob up the leaky door if it has not been refitted. The shower itself is great with the jets at full blast. This is just a little warning because so many first timers in the Aqua cabins think they have done something wrong and this is absolutely not the case.

You will appreciate how pleasantly quiet those deck 11 cabins are and how great the view is from your balconies.

Have a great cruise.

I think that it would be very nice to be able to have one of those balconies. you would always have a "reserved" table to have breakfast either from room service or the buffet and be able to watch the people below having a good time plus a nice view of the wake. It would also be nice for the short walk to get a drink to enjoy on the balcony and not have it be gone before getting back.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞