branchwater

We booked 2 B2B February 2013 cruises (Caribbean on Silhouette). I opened RollCalls for both of them, but so far my posts are the only ones. Either it's too early or 7 days are not popular any more. BTW, I booked them over a month ago and the price went up $60 pp.

7 to10 day cruise is all we are interested in. My DH travels ofter for work and he really enjoys spending his downtime at home or playing golf. We are discussing possibilities for 2012 and 2013. I would really like to do a family holiday cruise.

I have booked a 2013 because I found a 14 day (rare) with a port I have not been to (even rarer).

I don't know what you consider a deal, but the price for a 1A was below what I have paid in the past for 14 days, and my TA formed a group, which got me OBC, plus she found a Captain's Club special that gives $250 rebate once you pay the deposit.

Now, I just have to decide for 2012.

I have booked a 2013 because I found a 14 day (rare) with a port I have not been to (even rarer).

I don't know what you consider a deal, but the price for a 1A was below what I have paid in the past for 14 days, and my TA formed a group, which got me OBC, plus she found a Captain's Club special that gives $250 rebate once you pay the deposit.

Now, I just have to decide for 2012.

EatonDoolittle, interesting, you must have cruised quite a lot. I only started cruising last year, but have done two since July and have four more booked. With all the X cruises to the Far East and Australia, if you have done those ports, you have done a lot.

I lived overseas for 9 years and did a lot of traveling, by land. The two Med cruises that I have done stopped in some of the places that I had previously been, but I still enjoyed going back.

I haven't been to South America (and Panama Canal), but have that one booked for this December. Russia, Ukraine and the Baltics in August. I haven't been to Australia or NZ, and plan to do that probably in 2013. Going back is fun, but I still like new places.

EatonDoolittle, interesting, you must have cruised quite a lot. I only started cruising last year, but have done two since July and have four more booked. With all the X cruises to the Far East and Australia, if you have done those ports, you have done a lot.

I lived overseas for 9 years and did a lot of traveling, by land. The two Med cruises that I have done stopped in some of the places that I had previously been, but I still enjoyed going back.

I haven't been to South America (and Panama Canal), but have that one booked for this December. Russia, Ukraine and the Baltics in August. I haven't been to Australia or NZ, and plan to do that probably in 2013. Going back is fun, but I still like new places.

Sorry, I did not specify the Caribbean, I should have.

There are plenty of exotic places other places I still want to sail to, but they will have to wait till retirement when I have more time.

Same as Lu Ann. Booked Millenium Feb. 3, 2013 Singapore to Hong Kong. Southeast Asia was one of the itinerary's on our bucket list and when Celebrity opened the bookings, the introductory prices for Concierge class were too good to pass up.

We already have a roll call (hi Lu Ann) going.

Recently booked New Zealand/Australia b2b January 2013 (35 days). Will be our first Celebrity cruise. Have sailed Seabourn, Oceania, Azamara, Avalon Waterways. X prices are lower....so we think we have a good eal. Time will tell if X lives up to expectations.

We booked the April 25, 2013 Hawaii- Mexico We have been wanting a good Hawaii cruise for a long time but never found the right ship/price till I read here about this repo cruise on the Solstice. We loved the Equinox and knew a cruise on her sister ship was just what we were looking for.

We thought the price was really good.

Never have we booked this far ahead, but then half the fun of the trip is in the planning and we sure have plenty of time for that!

Bev

Jmfdr, we may be on same cruise.

I am a HAL gal. However, the HAL trip is more than 2x as much as celebrity. In 2009 I was supposed to go on the HAL Antarctic but decided to go elsewhere; the price then was close to the current Celebrity price. I don't understand why the HAL trip is so much more expensive.

Our roll call for the 2013 Hawaii sailing on Solstice is already hopping- hi erms & Funcruiser!

We booked early because we've wanted to do Hawaii for a while but don't want to go on Century. We wish it was a few days longer but we love the idea of doing Hawaii on an S class ship.

We usually book about a year out, but we had a Passages booking available so we figured, why not?

Jmfdr, we may be on same cruise.

I am a HAL gal. However, the HAL trip is more than 2x as much as celebrity. In 2009 I was supposed to go on the HAL Antarctic but decided to go elsewhere; the price then was close to the current Celebrity price. I don't understand why the HAL trip is so much more expensive.

Yes, we are also on the Feb. 3 cruise. A little early to start a roll call, I guess.

Several years ago we did a "round the horn" cruise with X, from Buenos Aires to Santiago. Our favorite cruise, so we jumped at the chance to do a similar itinerary which included cruising the Antarctica. On the prior cruise our favorite port was the Falkland Islands where we had a fantastic excursion out to see the King pequins. The inclusion of this port in the February 3 itinerary cinched the deal for us. We'll just hope for good weather that will allow us to visit both locations.

We have done only one cruise with HAL, and found it to be very similar to X in programing, activities, services and food. I hope that you will enjoy the cruise with Celebrity.

When we were on Solstice last month we booked a couple cruises...one for March 2013. It sounds SO far away, but we loved the itinerary and the 14 days sound heavenly. I think a lot of people like to book their favorite cabin and therefore book far in advance. Whenever we've booked that far out, the price has always come down. Hope it does on this one too.

Elizabeth

Archived