How do you know when you're a bonafide cruisaholic?

You know you are when you are sat thinking that you are only 24 and have 2 cruises booked this year, 2 next year (possible 3) and then planning 2013 and 2014 cruises before the dates have even come out!! We are always planning a cruise, always thinking about cruise, always talking about cruise, always looking at cruise, always dreaming about cruise and to top it off get banned by the family for talking too much about cruise!

CK x

We have been on 4 cruises, our first one being in Oct 2009 and have 4 more booked out to Feb 2013!! We will be booking for Nov 2013 on board the Oasis this November!!:eek: Certifiable??? We think so!! My co-workers can't keep track, get the "didn't you just do 2 cruises?" 167 days to go!!:D

LOL........In order to be a bonafide cruisaholic next time you have to "sneek" a cruise and when your co-workers ask didn't you just cruise.....you tell them "no". The key is to sneek one in.

What?? So I have done 31 cruises are you saying I have a problem?? :D

No problem here...but as your cruisaholic therapist I have an assignment for you, however, it will involve you booking me on your NEXT 31 cruises.

When you wear your cruise critic member tee shirt to land events. ..all my tee shirts are from cruises.

When you are always thinking, eating, walking, talking, cruises to the point your family says you arent allowed to mention the word cruise to them.

Fire...I do hope you can make our next Cruisaholics Anonymous meeting here on the board. Actually....you are certifiably bonafide as well....why don't you just facilitate the group meeting?

There are some that, when they die, want their ashes put to sea. For me, I ask that my ashes be spread on as many cruise ships, slipped in corners where they will never be noticed........so that I can continue cruising..........till the ship is either cut up for scrap, or I'm buried at sea, as the ship goes down, to make a reef in some coastal waters.

Yep........that is my version of a "cruiseaholic"!:D;)

Rick

Rick....I'm going to email you a list of my future cruise dates. Before you leave this earth p-a-l-e-a-s-e ask them not to spread you on the ships I'll be on. I don't want them to mistakenly slip you in the corners of my balconies. Ashes....trust me I'd notice. LOL.

When 2 of the Cruise lines you have sailed with have gone out of business ;) & 3 Ships have been sunk to use as an old folks home for fish! OH, and you have lost your post count on CC 3 times due to upgrades of their server! LOL

When you've asked your doctor to write you a prescription requiring you to take multiple cruises per year to alleviate severe land allergies:D

Unfortunately he keeps refusing...:(

When 2 of the Cruise lines you have sailed with have gone out of business ;) & 3 Ships have been sunk to use as an old folks home for fish! OH, and you have lost your post count on CC 3 times due to upgrades of their server! LOL

Yepper...you're bonafide......if all that hasn't stopped you....nothing will.

When you've asked your doctor to write you a prescription requiring you to take multiple cruises per year to alleviate severe land allergies:D

Unfortunately he keeps refusing...:(

Sounds like your doctor needs a cruise so he can experience our mental suffering and anguish.

LOL........In order to be a bonafide cruisaholic next time you have to "sneek" a cruise and when your co-workers ask didn't you just cruise.....you tell them "no". The key is to sneek one in.

Couldn't "sneek" one in. The closer the sail date, the harder it get to hold in the countdown clock. It has a mind of it's own at less than 30 days! Randomly tells anyone how many days are left!!! Since we cruise in the winter months the countdown clock is equipped with weather forecast for the ports we will be visiting. :eek::D

You are a certified cruisaholic when you possess the capability of turning ANY conversation into a conversation about cruising.

Religion

Sex

Food

Education

Weather

ANY conversation

YES yes!

And becoming so Loyal to a particular cruise line (RCI) that you get upset over any business decision they make that you dont agree with.

Or Argueing with some silly cruise novice on CC who doesnt share your views on how great your cruise line (RCI ) is...OH, It gets pathitic after awhile!!! We need a 12-step program:eek:

When you've got a cruise on one line booked but spend CC time on the other cruise line boards checking out their ships so you don't miss any info on ships you think you may sail on at some future date.

DH says can't you concentrate on one cruise at a time? Not until I board that ship! You can never have too much cruise info.

When you sine onto the webcam websites for places like Port Canaveral or Port Everglades at sailing times (which you know by heart) just so you can watch your favorite ships depart (without you, of course !)

We love the sea!! Have been on 68 cruises in a little over 10 years. Have 2 more booked as today. We have been lucky to have been on 10 transatlantic crossings (our favorite). John & Priscilla :) :)

When you sine onto the webcam websites for places like Port Canaveral or Port Everglades at sailing times (which you know by heart) just so you can watch your favorite ships depart (without you, of course !)

I got it so bad, I log on to the ships webcam to check out the people in the Promenade, pool deck, Boardwalk, and Central Park.

We love the sea!! Have been on 68 cruises in a little over 10 years. Have 2 more booked as today. We have been lucky to have been on 10 transatlantic crossings (our favorite). John & Priscilla :) :)

68? Wow what an amazing blessing!

When you read "Cruise Crazy, the cruise addict guide".

You should definitely share some of the tips in the guide. This addiction is bitter-sweet....and it appears this is about to be the hardest two weeks.

I got it so bad, I log on to the ships webcam to check out the people in the Promenade, pool deck, Boardwalk, and Central Park..

WHAAAAAT ??? How do you do this??! I've never heard of it before!!

Ok F27........you just lost your entitlement to being a bonafide cruiseaholic, but try this: WWW.oasisoftheseas.com/web-cam.php

I'm not sure if Allure's is working, but Oasis is always on.

WOW that's pretty amazing! (and I accept the demotion from the cruisaholic list for now! i can't believe i didn't know about that!!)

Rick....I'm going to email you a list of my future cruise dates. Before you leave this earth p-a-l-e-a-s-e ask them not to spread you on the ships I'll be on. I don't want them to mistakenly slip you in the corners of my balconies. Ashes....trust me I'd notice. LOL.

Not to worry........as it's only a fantasy. Besides, I'd only want my ashes on the bridge........so I can see where we are going!:D:D

Cruising truly is a blessing for my DW and myself. We met and were engaged on the Love Boat......the old Pacific Princess.

We have averaged somewhere between 2 and 3 months of cruising for the past 12 years.......and only had 2 cruises in the year that I gutted and remodeled the home that we are now in, and this year, as I have mentioned have only had 27 days at sea so far, as we need to be here for my DW's parents.

Those on the boards that know us personally, know what we are going thru right now.

And, as much as we love cruising, we also know the importance of family.

We have been blessed with about 900 days at sea in the 14 years that we have been together.

We cruise with friends that have three times the amount of days at sea than we do, but they are retired, and I'm not! I feel that I lead a balanced life........one that is in total denial that I'm addicted to cruising!:D

Rick

Not to worry........as it's only a fantasy. Besides, I'd only want my ashes on the bridge........so I can see where we are going!:D:D

Cruising truly is a blessing for my DW and myself. We met and were engaged on the Love Boat......the old Pacific Princess.

We have averaged somewhere between 2 and 3 months of cruising for the past 12 years.......and only had 2 cruises in the year that I gutted and remodeled the home that we are now in, and this year, as I have mentioned have only had 27 days at sea so far, as we need to be here for my DW's parents.

Those on the boards that know us personally, know what we are going thru right now.

And, as much as we love cruising, we also know the importance of family.

We have been blessed with about 900 days at sea in the 14 years that we have been together.

We cruise with friends that have three times the amount of days at sea than we do, but they are retired, and I'm not! I feel that I lead a balanced life........one that is in total denial that I'm addicted to cruising!:D

Rick

I hope to one day meet you at sea....and pray everything works in your favor!

I hope to one day meet you at sea....and pray everything works in your favor!

And to same back to you!! This is a wonderful thread, and one of the greatest things that happened to me.......one day, some time ago, was when someone told me about Cruise Critic, and what they had to offer.

Probably one of the strongest indicators that one is addicted to cruising........is that they are a member of Cruise Critic!!:D:);)

Rick

Archived