How do you know when you're a bonafide cruisaholic?

When the way you define yourself as you board your first cruise is "cruise virgin," but by the time you get up the next morning on the ship it has changed to "cruise slut." (that would be defined as someone who is suddenly willing spend a LOT of time scouring multiple web sites looking for deals, residency discounts, reading all the RC savings certificates, reading CC forums, etc.):D

When you think about being on a cruise 24/7 a day and I'm even willing to work on a cruise ship so I can always be on a ship. 19 cruises and counting in 9 years and 6 months.

I only wish I could.

When the way you define yourself as you board your first cruise is "cruise virgin," but by the time you get up the next morning on the ship it has changed to "cruise slut." (that would be defined as someone who is suddenly willing spend a LOT of time scouring multiple web sites looking for deals, residency discounts, reading all the RC savings certificates, reading CC forums, etc.):D

Hey lady get off my corner.....I was here first.

You are a certified cruisaholic when you possess the capability of turning ANY conversation into a conversation about cruising.

Religion

Sex

Food

Education

Weather

ANY conversation

Did somebody say sex? Oh.... you said cruise.

When you have all your vacation booked cruising this year (5 weeks for me), watch closely for the next year's itineraries to come out and immediately book 4 weeks, and then start thinking about where you want to cruise in 2013!!

When you have all your vacation booked cruising this year (5 weeks for me), watch closely for the next year's itineraries to come out and immediately book 4 weeks, and then start thinking about where you want to cruise in 2013!!

When you tell your co-workers you are getting ready for your cruise and they respond: "Didn't you just get back from one?"

And you did...:D:D:D

Oh yes I award you both as being certifiably bonafide cruisaholics.

When you tell your co-workers you are getting ready for your cruise and they respond: "Didn't you just get back from one?"

ROFL...this literally happened to me this week!

I know that I am a cruiseaholic when I took my first cruise in Aug 2009 on HAL in Alaska. Since then I have been on 6 RCCL Cruises, Send some time daily on Cruise Critic, Know when to look for deals on cruising, Now planning on taking a cruise every December, and of course always ready to head to the port and take a cruise.

I'm not sure of the definition..........but for some of us, it has to do with a hormone balance. "Testseatacruiseatrone" is the male term, but the female term is much more enhanced!:D

The cure.......of course, is to be "on the water"! I felt in total withdrawl, when we finally boarded our ship for a 14 day Hawaii run last month. The first day at sea was like an injection of relaxation, just pouring into the body.

Two nights ago.........I was once again starting to climb the walls, when I just got on line, and booked another cruise! My body was coming back to life......just to think that we had another booked.

Heck.....it's for August of next year........but it's booked!!

I won't go into why we may only get in three or four cruises (we have only had two so far)...........but a true Cruisaholic will beg, borrow and steal to make the payment for the next cruise!

There are some that, when they die, want their ashes put to sea. For me, I ask that my ashes be spread on as many cruise ships, slipped in corners where they will never be noticed........so that I can continue cruising..........till the ship is either cut up for scrap, or I'm buried at sea, as the ship goes down, to make a reef in some coastal waters.

Yep........that is my version of a "cruiseaholic"!:D;)

Rick

You know you're an addict when you beg other people to join you because you're husband has to work, and you have only been on 5 cruises this year so far. If they can't go, you become depressed.

In this case, addiction is a good thing!

Ha! I usually get "ANOTHER cruise?" Yes, another cruise lol.

I think you can pretty much consider yourself addicted when you don't really consider any other vacations.

We have been on 4 cruises, our first one being in Oct 2009 and have 4 more booked out to Feb 2013!! We will be booking for Nov 2013 on board the Oasis this November!!:eek: Certifiable??? We think so!! My co-workers can't keep track, get the "didn't you just do 2 cruises?" 167 days to go!!:D

When you wear your cruise critic member tee shirt to land events. ..all my tee shirts are from cruises.

When you are always thinking, eating, walking, talking, cruises to the point your family says you arent allowed to mention the word cruise to them.

Archived