New Menu on Imagination

dotshub

they had plenty of lobsters..my goodness...that is all he ate he didnt get shrimp or sides just the lobster tails....and Im paying for it why shouldn't he eat it?

and the fact we ate them at 7:45 there was plenty and why am I justifying myself?

easy question. Would you allow him to order 14 lobsters in an outback?

these are choices that should be offered in the lido buffet. what a draw they would be to some people here. kitchen food. not dining room food.

Agree to disagree, I guess. I don't eat on Lido for dinner, so I wouldn't be trying these options there. You'd be surprised what people are interested in eating. Dishes with fancy names and sauces are not always appealing to folks. Not only that, sometimes I'm in the mood to just order something "simple", these items would definitely fill the bill:)

You think that the MDR is equivilent to Ruth's Chris? Have you been to Ruth's Chris before or just seen pictures?

I am cruising Imagination this fall, look forward to checking out the new menu and seeing what I ENJOY. I'll leave the pretension at home.

Of course I've been to Ruth's Chris--probably more often than you. That was a simple comparison. If you have been cruising as long as I have, you know that MDR food has gone WAY down hill over the last few years. The current offerings are more like Olive Garden--but even there you do not get fried chicken or meatloaf (unless it's on the kids menu--wouldn't know, I DON'T eat there). It amazes me that the current population of cruisers doesn't understand that the MDR IS supposed to be for ambiance and a fine meal. Fried chicken and meatloaf is completely ridiculous--but I agree with others, they seem to be leaning towards their target market, which again, as I have seen post here way too often, seems to believe that fried chicken and meatloaf in the MDR of a cruise ship is completely acceptable. I say, bullsh*t, unless the more "adult" offerings are still available.

Of course I've been to Ruth's Chris--probably more often than you. That was a simple comparison. If you have been cruising as long as I have, you know that MDR food has gone WAY down hill over the last few years. The current offerings are more like Olive Garden--but even there you do not get fried chicken or meatloaf (unless it's on the kids menu--wouldn't know, I DON'T eat there). It amazes me that the current population of cruisers doesn't understand that the MDR IS supposed to be for ambiance and a fine meal. Fried chicken and meatloaf is completely ridiculous--but I agree with others, they seem to be leaning towards their target market, which again, as I have seen post here way too often, seems to believe that fried chicken and meatloaf in the MDR of a cruise ship is completely acceptable. I say, bullsh*t, unless the more "adult" offerings are still available.

Well, I have only been crusing for a decade, but certainly never been on a ship where the MDR comes anything close to any Ruth's Chris I having ever been to. Maybe you have had different experiences at Ruth's, since you have been there so many many times.

and aren't we all so fortunate that the two dedicated ccl employees that read cruise critic can report back that this change is completely acceptable to the current carnival cruiser, and to recommend proceeding full steam ahead with the additional planned downgrades.

Good grief--it's only food, and more choices for a cruiseline that already offers a lot of options.

Like a previous poster said, Princess has been doing this for quite some time. CCL obviously deemed it a success, and decided to roll it out to another line in the corporate family. The world's not coming to an end, y'know:rolleyes:

Good grief--it's only food, and more choices for a cruiseline that already offers a lot of options.

Like a previous poster said, Princess has been doing this for quite some time. CCL obviously deemed it a success, and decided to roll it out to another line in the corporate family. The world's not coming to an end, y'know:rolleyes:

well, at least not till october, or next december.

I have a very odd question, why do all of the members that claim they will never cruise carnival again even bother to troll this board. If they are so high and mighty and will only cruise "high class" , their words not mine, cruise companies, why don't they stay on their new cruise ships boards and spear their infinite wisdom there.

I have a very odd question, why do all of the members that claim they will never cruise carnival again even bother to troll this board. If they are so high and mighty and will only cruise "high class" , their words not mine, cruise companies, why don't they stay on their new cruise ships boards and spear their infinite wisdom there.

even sophisticated people are sometimes caught reading the enquirer.

H8: I agree those choices should be in the buffet not in the MDR, honestly I would say they more belong on a lunch menu rather than a dinner menu.

HAHAHAHA plastic cutlery next.... its heading that way....are they going to have the better quality first then gradually decline to the low quality plasticware you know the type that you take the fork and knife and put it into that meatloaf (full of that filler, trust me its filler more than meat, if you call that meat anyway lol....speaking of those hamburgers they serve sure not taste anything to the burgers I make at home, they certainly not taste like meat to me but are hockey pucks that were used on the ice lol, full of fat, muscle and bone, wonder if it was used for the stanley cup playoffs lol) and then its oh oh both the knife and fork break!! Heck, keep that piece in the meatloaf when you finally get to eat the stuff you not even know the piece is in it!

Swimmon...God Bless him he can eat all those lobsters, thats great. I see nothing wrong in ordering more especially when you eat them. Same goes for anything on the menu.

By the way all, I not eat lobster, but my father in law, my other half and daughter all say they frozen, so if you think you getting fresh your not.

H8 Im with you on the snail thing lol ( i know this throat wouldn't allow a snail in a shell past its esphogus)

Plasticware here it comes, beef a roni or meatloaf whats your choice lol

Not for this girl!

even sophisticated people are sometimes caught reading the enquirer.

Surprised they would as that would bring them down to the level us so called minions. This cracks me up...... You can't buy this kind of entertainment at the video store..... Priceless!!!!!

You won't find in Mich stars on any CCL MDR walls anytime soon.

That's very true, I can't deny that! I am refuting the poster who said that it isn't considered fine dining when escargot is served out of the shell.

:

By the way all, I not eat lobster, but my father in law, my other half and daughter all say they frozen, so if you think you getting fresh your not.

Well You may want to award them for their vast amounts of knowledge as their would be no cost effective way of keeping over 5000 live lobsters on board. The fellow cruisers are not even aware of how lucky they are to be in the presents of such knowledge. If they did, I am more than sure they would feel quite embarrassed

Meatloaf and Fried Chicken belong on the Lido Deck in the Buffet selections. It does not belong on the MDR menu. Who goes on a cruise for comfort food. I certainly don't. I'll stick to the Specialty Restaurants.

There is no specialty restaurant on Imagination. ;)

Low self-esteem.

I skimmed through this thread and here's my question. Does it say anywhere that these foods are replacing any of the current options? If they're additions, awesome. I've been known to have a craving for fried chicken from time to time. If they replace the prime rib, then I'll have something to talk about. :D

I seriously don't see what the big deal is. If you don't like meatloaf and fried chicken, don't order it! If you do, then great, order it! Sometimes when people are away they like to have something that reminds them of home. I know when we vacation, by the end of it I am craving a nice home cooked meal. I don't like meatloaf or fried chicken so I probably won't be ordering either, but if someone wants to, so what?!!

Spinach artichoke dip on the other hand. Yum!!!

Archived