New Menu on Imagination

dotshub

Becca its called marketing and brainwashing...they add less quality foods and remain to keep the others but as time goes by they will take off the better foods gradually so it will not appear abruptly.

Mark my words this will happen....give it a while and you will find even more less quality, less healthy foods on that dinner menu. Its just part of a large corporation business strategy and its all about HOW TO SAVE MONEY.

Thats at least partially true. They keep prices down so that ticket prices stay low but the company still makes money. Seems to be working since the ships are full and the company is making money. Or you can pay allot more $ and go on a non-large market line with 5 star food. Or you can hang out here and whine. If you are expecting to find 5 star food on a large market carrier anytime soon, you are going to be disappointed.

Wait a minute...Fried Chicken and Meatloaf aren't adult choices??? I know I'm from the south and those choices are a main staple to our diet but my kids wouldn't touch meatloaf with a 10 foot pole lol. Every kid menu we order from contains hamburger, chicken strips, chicken nuggets, hot dogs etc.

By the way, I shop at Wal Mart as well as high end shops and I have eaten at Ruth's Chris, Shula's Steakhouse, and even higher end restaraunts (many times) BUT meatloaf and fried chicken is a comfort food to ME and will always be my favorite no matter what other food I try. I guess it's just in my southern genes and if it offends someone then so be it. I'm not less of a person or less classy because of my food choices.

Wait a minute...Fried Chicken and Meatloaf aren't adult choices??? I know I'm from the south and those choices are a main staple to our diet but my kids wouldn't touch meatloaf with a 10 foot pole lol. Every kid menu we order from contains hamburger, chicken strips, chicken nuggets, hot dogs etc.

By the way, I shop at Wal Mart as well as high end shops and I have eaten at Ruth's Chris, Shula's Steakhouse, and even higher end restaraunts (many times) BUT meatloaf and fried chicken is a comfort food to ME and will always be my favorite no matter what other food I try. I guess it's just in my southern genes and if it offends someone then so be it. I'm not less of a person or less classy because of my food choices.

You are my HERO!! You summed it up beautifully!:)

You will never please everyone. People around here sure like to b*tch, whine & complain about the silliest things. The types of people our poor service industry has to deal with on a daily basis. Kinda pathetic at times....

There are so many food choices on a ship... it's a glutton's dream:eek:

Honestly the food quality and definately the food selection/variety is MUCH better on RC, Princess and Celebrity!! I not expecting five star dining experience, I consider carnival to be in between 2-3 stars, certainly not even four stars. I not expect excellent service on Carnival its a hit or miss situation but on the other cruise lines I find service outstanding overall! I find Carnivals service overall to be good thats it, but thats fine with me.

I also have not seen the prices on Carnival to be any lower in fact, I have priced for the fun of it RC Freedom of the Seas and the Carnival Dream both out of Pt. Canaveral in a sailing in September, both were similiar oceanview staterooms on decent decks and for two people this is what I was quoted:

RC- $1743.62

Carnival- 1600.40

Certainly not a huge difference to say Carnival saves me money! Even to spend $143.00 more for RC ( thats for two people) to have all that extra selection/variety not to mention much better superior service overall and much better food choice options and much better quality shows (production shows unlike Carnivals cheesy shows) I say its all worth it and I certainly not putting any change into my pocketbook by choosing Carnival....not to mention that Carnivals cocktails are MORE COSTLY than RC! Did anybody happen to see the new cocktails prices and beer prices on Carnival, they went up.

Cruises are doing well I agree and they are full I tell you why. If a family of four flies to an island, then pays for a hotel which is very costly in the caribbean, and then buys food which again is another huge cost in the caribbean they be paying so much more for that vacation than what a price of a cruise cost. So no wonder ships are filled up.

My son doesnt eat lobster in the outback...he has a steak..Its no different than some of these fine restaurants here who OFFER all you can eat Lobster and Stone Crab there is no difference im paying for it either way and those lobster tails are in my price..so my answer would be yes...I dont care if I have to pay for it...and our waiter even told us that alot of people lobster night order alot of lobster tails..the cruise before us there one someone who ate 16 of them and the waiter said to him well your paying for it u might as well eat em...so I dont see the problem considering it was 1 NIGHT...trust me Carnival has plenty of Lobster Tails...

Honestly the food quality and definately the food selection/variety is MUCH better on RC, Princess and Celebrity!! I not expecting five star dining experience, I consider carnival to be in between 2-3 stars, certainly not even four stars. I not expect excellent service on Carnival its a hit or miss situation but on the other cruise lines I find service outstanding overall! I find Carnivals service overall to be good thats it, but thats fine with me.

I also have not seen the prices on Carnival to be any lower in fact, I have priced for the fun of it RC Freedom of the Seas and the Carnival Dream both out of Pt. Canaveral in a sailing in September, both were similiar oceanview staterooms on decent decks and for two people this is what I was quoted:

RC- $1743.62

Carnival- 1600.40

Certainly not a huge difference to say Carnival saves me money! Even to spend $143.00 more for RC ( thats for two people) to have all that extra selection/variety not to mention much better superior service overall and much better food choice options and much better quality shows (production shows unlike Carnivals cheesy shows) I say its all worth it and I certainly not putting any change into my pocketbook by choosing Carnival....not to mention that Carnivals cocktails are MORE COSTLY than RC! Did anybody happen to see the new cocktails prices and beer prices on Carnival, they went up.

Cruises are doing well I agree and they are full I tell you why. If a family of four flies to an island, then pays for a hotel which is very costly in the caribbean, and then buys food which again is another huge cost in the caribbean they be paying so much more for that vacation than what a price of a cruise cost. So no wonder ships are filled up.

If you hate Carnival so much, then please stop whining here. Go over to the RCI board to cheerlead.

Hahahaha this is too funny....wait just wait one day and this happens to all of us, we will be told by a doctor that we need to cut out sodium, fat, cholesterol, etc in our diets because we develop health problems....so those who are eating that stuff now just may and its a high probability that you will be in that situation where you need to adjust your diet for your own health then I tell you its TOO LATE! You can help yourself but the damage is already done. Im not saying eating healthier won't give you health problems but it sure will make your chances alot smaller.

So many food choices on Carnival take that lunch buffet, on the Fascination they did not have a meat carving at all not one day! They only offer one vegetable dish. They did have one seafood hot dish daily but we not eat seafood...then it was all about sandwiches, pizza, chicken nuggets, fries, hot dogs, hamburgers (ok a small salad bar with soggy tomatoes and lukewarm salads) a mongolian grill that the meat was tough and the sauce was full of sodium....now thats healthy good eating, fine for you all who think so. As for me until Carnival can adjust this issue and offer better quality/selection foods they not going to get a penny from my pocket, my business goes to those cruise lines that offer something for everybody!

NYTRAVELLER THIS IS A CRUISE "CRITIC" BOARD, IT IS HERE FOR EVERYBODY TO GIVE THEIR EXPERIENCES, ADVICE AND OPINIONS WHO THE HECK ARE YOU TO BE GOD HERE AND TELL ME TO GO ELSEWHERE, for your info I do go on those boards and I find most to be very respectful there even when comments/opinions are made that are not agreed upon another person. Only here do I get the amusment of arguments so heck why not join the crowd I say. I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO EXPRESS MY OPINIONS AND TO BE HERE!

Laugh....

lets see....

lunch buffet:

RC good meat carvings, abundent hot dishes, lamb, beef, pork, chicken, etc.

many vegetable choices and sides

soup station 3-4 soups

of course they have the other fast food type foods....

after 9:30pm Carnival only offers you pizza, burgers, hot dogs and fries, they even took away the ceasar salad they used to have

RC offers you all types of foods, salads of various types in addition to your fast food type foods.

Pool deck party:

Carnival mexican food only

RC grilled steaks, chicken, suckling pork, other hot dishes

If you not call RC better than Carnival you have got a problem my friend.

NYTRAVELLER THIS IS A CRUISE "CRITIC" BOARD, IT IS HERE FOR EVERYBODY TO GIVE THEIR EXPERIENCES, ADVICE AND OPINIONS WHO THE HECK ARE YOU TO BE GOD HERE AND TELL ME TO GO ELSEWHERE, for your info I do go on those boards and I find most to be very respectful there even when comments/opinions are made that are not agreed upon another person. Only here do I get the amusment of arguments so heck why not join the crowd I say. I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO EXPRESS MY OPINIONS AND TO BE HERE!

Correct- you have every right to express your opinion. But you've posted multiple times, on this thread, that RCI is better in basically every aspect. It's getting a little old - if RCI is that great and you don't like Carnival, don't you think that your opinions, advice, and experiences would be better appreciated over there?

If you not call RC better than Carnival you have got a problem my friend.

Oh, really? You can't even use correct grammar - maybe you have the problem (my friend).

I agree! As long as CCL doesn't remove standard menu options, then what's the problem with more choices?

I'm totally with you.Some nights fried chicken might be exactly what I would like.As long as I can still get lobster and prime rib more choices are always great.

RCCL has cut back on food choices at the buffet. too. We were just on the Navigator in March and choices and quality had decreased since last year.Definitely no lamb on the buffets.Desserts were sparce on the buffet and very pudding based.One late night buffet and only Mexican and finger foods,definitely no grilled steak.Only pizza and small sanwiches in the Promenade cafe.Powdered awful eggs served for room service.Great cruise so-so food.

Hahahaha this is too funny....wait just wait one day and this happens to all of us, we will be told by a doctor that we need to cut out sodium, fat, cholesterol, etc in our diets because we develop health problems....so those who are eating that stuff now just may and its a high probability that you will be in that situation where you need to adjust your diet for your own health then I tell you its TOO LATE! You can help yourself but the damage is already done. Im not saying eating healthier won't give you health problems but it sure will make your chances alot smaller.

So many food choices on Carnival take that lunch buffet, on the Fascination they did not have a meat carving at all not one day! They only offer one vegetable dish. They did have one seafood hot dish daily but we not eat seafood...then it was all about sandwiches, pizza, chicken nuggets, fries, hot dogs, hamburgers (ok a small salad bar with soggy tomatoes and lukewarm salads) a mongolian grill that the meat was tough and the sauce was full of sodium....now thats healthy good eating, fine for you all who think so. As for me until Carnival can adjust this issue and offer better quality/selection foods they not going to get a penny from my pocket, my business goes to those cruise lines that offer something for everybody!

Your logic is a bit skewed. If you eat healthy at home, one week of eating out isn't really going to do damage. If you eat unhealthy at home, one week of cruise food really isn't going to factor in either. I cook from scratch and control my sodium intake. I like salt (those fancy/schmancy salts from Hawiian volcanic ash, Fleur De Sel are awesome and take very little), it is an excellent flavor enhancer, and it doesn't take copius amounts to do so. The food on a cruise if fine and there are plenty of healthy (and unhealthy) choices. There a few things I really like on CCL and always order them. The rest is ok and feeds me :)

I used to eat out all the time. It got old. So, that being said, I find it nice to find comfort food available. I don't 'fine dine' at home every night, and don't want or expect it on vacation.

I simply replying to those who write after I write lol this is too funny....Oh Kitty welcome to cruise critic! You will find these boards to be very helpful. :)

Thanks for the welcome! As long as everyone doesn't go "anti-carnival" and complain on these boards, such as you, I'm sure I will find them very helpful!

after 9:30pm Carnival only offers you pizza, burgers, hot dogs and fries, they even took away the ceasar salad they used to have

Baloney. You can still get Caesar salad with or with chicken and Carnival doesn't charge for hamburgers or charge for late night room service.

Sarge - slightly off topic, but:

I was looking through your Carnival Magic page - your pics are absolutely stunning. I really hope you continue - the food pics made me legitimately hungry!:o

Thank you. I have a whole website out there. But for more food pictures:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm

lynda... just how do you eat at home? Do you eat out a lot? Do you buy that craptastic 'heat me up in the nuker' stuff? Do you open up a few cans and call it a meal? Or do you actually pay attention to what you are feeding yourself? Just curious.

Archived