New Menu on Imagination

dotshub

As usual we have people insulting people over something stupid just like the other Carnival thread where the wife's husband got the letter banning him from Carnival for life. Ease up people. Can't we all just get along. Go have a glass of wine and chill out.

A bowl of their Caribbean Pepper Pot soup sounds good to me, but not sure what wine would pair nicely with it :)

Elcuchio, you have to read from the beginning to understand why I said that, why it lead me to mention that. Also you will see that I not care how much people eat. Like your comment.... LOL :)

I certainly find it disturbing how people eat themselves to death, but then again we all have free will and can do what we feel. I just don't see how a couple menu changes make any difference. Unhealthy eaters will eat unhealthy, regardless.

Carnival mexican food only

RC grilled steaks, chicken, suckling pork, other hot dishes

If you not call RC better than Carnival you have got a problem my friend.

Lynda, I think perhaps you should consider a class on nutrition:) Mexican food is clearly the better choice for your health.

Seriously, how I eat something is none of your concern, but sticking out pinkies when eating with your hands immediately makes everything elegant.

Sargent,

I didn't mean YOU, I was using it in the general you sense. Actually I was using it in the "I couldn't eat that elegantly" sense!!

Maggie

Hoping they add fried chicken to the Legend menu, my hubby will be happy. He is not too fond of fancy food, new (to him) food, different food.

Last cruise on Liberty (April) they offered Southern Fired Chicken as a Carnival Clasic section one night. It was very moist and juicy on inside. Much better than the chicken breasts that are grilled. If you want to eat healthy, just peel of breading & skin.

I don't see anything wrong adding simple comfort food items to the menu. And I don't think Carnival is aiming toward taking off all the higher end items from the menu, unless the other mass market cruise lines did the same. They know they have to stay competitive.

Really, I took a celebrity cruise and the food items on the menu were all described so beautifully, but when the food was served most of it did not taste that good. You can have simple items that are prepared with quality ingredients, made well, and they can taste heavenly. Most of the cruises I've taken on carnival have had food that tasted as good or better than the two other lines I've tried - Celebrity and Holland America.

As for fried chicken not being healthy - agreed it isn't health food. But neither is coq au vin. It's full of saturated fat, and instead of just chicken stewing there is also bacon in it. It's probably even worse for you, but it sounds fancy.

Princess offers a comfort food on the menu each night. It is an option for those that do not want the standard cruise fare. I liked it a few times on a 14 day cruise. Was a nice change and it is just another option. The Beef Stroganoff was really good as were the Fajitas.

I am sure that Carnival keeps track of how many people order the various selections on the menus. It does not make them economic sense for them to continue to offer a selection on the main menu that people do not want to eat in lieu of one that is cheaper and that more people want.

Our daughter and son-in-law went on a cruise and ate in the MDR only one night, formal night, because they wanted to try the lobster. The rest of the time they felt the choices were "too fancy" and stayed in the buffet line. My wife likes meat loaf and would probably try it one night if it were on the menu.

In reality, even if they do drop a dish from the main menu, it's going to be something that no one ordered. They won't drop the lobster and prime rib on formal night. Instead, it will be like dropping the gala buffet; something that they spend a lot of money on but no one actually ate (and I don't taking lots of pictures and sampling an appetizer or two as eating).

There's a number of cruise lines where you can get high end dining every night of the cruise. You also pay dearly for that privilege.

Princess offers a comfort food on the menu each night. It is an option for those that do not want the standard cruise fare. I liked it a few times on a 14 day cruise. Was a nice change and it is just another option. The Beef Stroganoff was really good as were the Fajitas.

Exactly. I was thinking back & I remember meatloaf on HAL (we were shocked tho), spaghetti & meatballs on Celebrity, etc.. If its a choice that makes someone happy AND saves Carnival a few pennies at the same time, we all win:p Haven't chicken fingers been an appetizer selection for some time now?

As I posted earlier, Princess and Celebrity added the same kinds of items to their MDR. And the discussion boards had fits just like this one. As long as there are still good choices and the price is right the changes are ok by me. When there is not a choice that I enjoy then I will move on. But I never expect anyone to order my choices, nor do I expect the cruise line to not change with the changing public tastes.

Glad to see Carnival is giving more choices in the MDR. Personally speaking, I've never enjoyed the Flat Iron Steak in the MDR and the last time I had the ribs, they had a dish washing liquid after taste to them. So count me in as someone who would gladly try the meatloaf and fried chicken.

At best, MDR food is like "Applebee's", IMO. It's decent and filling but it's not close to gourmet. Actually I consider the food in the higher end Las Vegas buffets to be a lot better than the food in the MDR.

The original poster was talking about the "new menu" I would like more info on that, and less opinions about it. The thread has strayed from the information I was hoping to find--new items. Thanks

Like your name Buffettfan! We are just off the Imagination this past Friday. I can tell you that Shrimp Cocktail was only offered one night when it used to be offered every night.

Unfortunately I cannot remember the different items on the menu. I can tell you that the menu is part of new dining experience roll out that includes the wait staff team to add another assistant. It used to be that in MDR there would be the Head Waiter and an Assistant. Now there are two Assistants. This has only been in effect for couple weeks as per our waitstaff on the cruise.

I am now sorry I didn't take pics of the menu as it probably would have provided you what you are looking for.

I agree! As long as CCL doesn't remove standard menu options, then what's the problem with more choices?

and THAT to me is the question...

they "added" these "comfort" foods....but did they remove other/more expensive choices or not??

If they didn't remove anything then I would not be bothered by meatloaf or fried chicken, not my choice but if others like it so be it..

but..

if they replaced other dishes....hmmm..that might be a different story?

I wish we could "see" these new menus...hope someone will photograph them and post them ASAP

Archived