New Menu on Imagination

dotshub

Not sardines, but anchovies :)

Thats what I meant I wrote down sardines but meant anchovies thank you!!!!

ooops that's right! Senior moment. Anyway I'll pass on the authentic dressing either way. :o

According to Mrs. Child and Mr. Caeser's daughter, no anchoives either in the original, except for the wee bit of anchovie that is in real Worchestershire sauce.

------------------

Even found the recipe!

http://labellecuisine.com/archives/salad/Julia's%20(Authentic)%20Caesar%20Salad.htm

According to Mrs. Child and Mr. Caeser's daughter, no anchoives either in the original, except for the wee bit of anchovie that is in real Worchestershire sauce.

------------------

Even found the recipe!

http://labellecuisine.com/archives/salad/Julia's%20(Authentic)%20Caesar%20Salad.htm

I think we're getting a little off-topic...

returned from a cruise last month......for the record, the comfort foods were in addition to, and did not seem to exclude any normal menu item. The kids at the table ordered the ribs and the chicken....which seemed normal to me as they seem to be least likely to branch out. There was lobster on our cruise, and it was Maine. Yes i do know the difference between those and spiny....please check out the photo of our puppy below as *proof* of my knowledge. If you have ever had just the tail in a restaurant, most likely what ever type of lobster you have had were frozen. I'm sure however, there are exceptions to the rule.

lynda...for the millionth time.....people have corrected you over and over. There are still carving boards, loads of fresh veggies and salads. Please stop lying. You were corrected on one thread by someone who was on the cruise that you claimed to be. Obviously you are bored.....it seems like you come on these boards to pick fights. If you managed to put the word do in your drivel, i could swear you were my sister in law.

I love how the same people that demand a source in one thread go off on a rumor as it is the truth. Again......it is amazing how knee jerk reactions lead to jumping to conclusions.

Just for the record, Sometimes they serve Maine, sometimes warm water lobster. I trust you know the difference. But either way, they only serve flash frozen tails, not fresh. If it were a fresh Maine lobster it would have little things we like to call claws:). Fresh lobster is just not economically viable for most cruise lines, but flash freezing doesn't damage the meat too bad.

Your right they flash freeze the lobsters, although not fresh still sort of frozen but when you eat it some can tell the difference (those who eat fresh lobsters often to know the difference) otherwise most people never know the difference.

The tails are very small, last years cruise my honey and my father in law got the lobster and they only had few bites it was very small but it was ok as they could order another if they wanted. You can order surf and turf too! They just put a steak on the plate if you ask. :)

Your right they flash freeze the lobsters, although not fresh still sort of frozen but when you eat it some can tell the difference (those who eat fresh lobsters often to know the difference) otherwise most people never know the difference.

The tails are very small, last years cruise my honey and my father in law got the lobster and they only had few bites it was very small but it was ok as they could order another if they wanted. You can order surf and turf too! They just put a steak on the plate if you ask. :)

Not bad, just gives them that 'rubbery' consistancy everyone complains about....

PEOPLE NOT NEED TO CORRECT ME HOOP, I HAVE BEEN ON 46 CRUISES AND I KNOW WHAT WAS OFFERED AND NOT WAS OFFERED WERE YOU ON MY CRUISE TO KNOW!!!! WERE YOU ON THE FASCINATION ON MAY 25TH LAST YEAR I THINK NOT SO YOU BE QUIET AND NOT GIVE ME YOUR NONSENSE!!!!:p

i was not on it, but others who were replied to your nonsense and said you were wrong. I really don't care about how many cruises you have been on. I have sailed royal, disney and carnival. Did not see on any of my royal cruises any type of better service, or food. The ships are beautiful. I find it odd that only that ship and only you had this experience. For the record, there were far more than two starters.....more like 4 or 5....then add the classic starters and the spa/vitality starters. Perhaps you (and only you) got a menu with two starters and all fried food. I'm sure when they saw you coming they put away the carving station, and fresh veggies.....perhaps they were pranking you because you are so well traveled:rolleyes:

Just for the record, Sometimes they serve Maine, sometimes warm water lobster. I trust you know the difference. But either way, they only serve flash frozen tails, not fresh. If it were a fresh Maine lobster it would have little things we like to call claws:). Fresh lobster is just not economically viable for most cruise lines, but flash freezing doesn't damage the meat too bad.

you are right of course...i was replying to the nonsense that lynda likes to spew.

i was not on it, but others who were replied to your nonsense and said you were wrong. I really don't care about how many cruises you have been on. I have sailed royal, disney and carnival. Did not see on any of my royal cruises any type of better service, or food. The ships are beautiful. I find it odd that only that ship and only you had this experience. For the record, there were far more than two starters.....more like 4 or 5....then add the classic starters and the spa/vitality starters. Perhaps you (and only you) got a menu with two starters and all fried food. I'm sure when they saw you coming they put away the carving station, and fresh veggies.....perhaps they were pranking you because you are so well traveled:rolleyes:

Agree agree agree. These are options in addition to what is already offered. If someone's only beef with 'fried chicken' is it's too 'low brow' that is simply pretension and snobbery. If you thinking eating fried chicken makes you low class, your outlook on life is classless.

Agree agree agree. These are options in addition to what is already offered. If someone's only beef with 'fried chicken' is it's too 'low brow' that is simply pretension and snobbery. If you thinking eating fried chicken makes you low class, your outlook on life is classless.

restaurant selections somehow equate with life's outlook? i think i've read it all.

restaurant selections somehow equate with life's outlook? i think i've read it all.

Of course not. That is what I am saying, seems that some think that. If someone think what a person eats/orders somehow makes them 'classier' or 'higher class' than their life values are seriously screwed up. How does adding fried chicken detract/cheapen from anyone elses experience? It certainly doesn't for me.

Of course not. That is what I am saying, seems that some think that. If someone think what a person eats/orders somehow makes them 'classier' or 'higher class' than their life values are seriously screwed up. How does adding fried chicken detract/cheapen from anyone elses experience? It certainly doesn't for me.

that's fine for you.

i personally would skip a fine restaurant if it also had diner food selections on it, or a buffet in the corner, or move to a new one if a place i frequented thought this was going to enhance my dining experience. what they are really doing is trying to bring a new class into their restaurant.

that's fine for you.

i personally would skip a fine restaurant if it also had diner food selections on it, or a buffet in the corner, or move to a new one if a place i frequented thought this was going to enhance my dining experience. what they are really doing is trying to bring a new class into their restaurant.

Do you honestly thing adding fried chicken to the menu will somehow change the fleet mix of passengers? Do you think Ma and Pa Clampet will decide to start cruising because they hear the Imagination has Fried Chicken? Come now.

If a restaurant adds another OPTION to their menu that some people like, that is their effort to give folks more options. If you decide to stop eating at said restaurant, that is your perogative, but that's a YOU problem.

If you go out to allot of nice restaurants, you know they are always doing plays on cliche classics, you know, "our take on Mom's mac and cheese" But with handmade pasta, boursin, and local organic boar sausage or some such. Does that take away from your dining experience too? Is it the name, or the ingrediants that give you such distain?

Do you honestly thing adding fried chicken to the menu will somehow change the fleet mix of passengers? Do you think Ma and Pa Clampet will decide to start cruising because they hear the Imagination has Fried Chicken? Come now.

If a restaurant adds another OPTION to their menu that some people like, that is their effort to give folks more options. If you decide to stop eating at said restaurant, that is your perogative, but that's a YOU problem.

If you go out to allot of nice restaurants, you know they are always doing plays on cliche classics, you know, "our take on Mom's mac and cheese" But with handmade pasta, boursin, and local organic boar sausage or some such. Does that take away from your dining experience too? Is it the name, or the ingrediants that give you such distain?

it is hardly a problem, and i'm not making it one. i can chose to spend my money anywhere.

if you or anyone is happy with this "upgrade", fine.

used to be trying to figure out what utensil to use. you know. work from the outside, and work your way in.

now it's how many fingers to use.

that's fine for you.

I think they are trying to appeal to picky eaters. Every restaurant, even fine dining ones, always have a play on classics. Mac & cheese with truffle oil, fried chicken called something else with a leek mash, etc...

All they are doing is adding food items so that other people can enjoy their experience as much as you do eating lobster or escargot.

I think they are trying to appeal to picky eaters. Every restaurant, even fine dining ones, always have a play on classics. Mac & cheese with truffle oil, fried chicken called something else with a leek mash, etc...

that stuff is usually on the kids menu. should have been added there.

Wow! I can't believe people are getting so upet over fried chicken and meatloaf.

First off the MDR isn't fine dining. It may have the setting but thats it. The food is on par with a longhorn or outback steakhouse in terms of quality. Now it looks a lot nicer, but looks don't equal quality. there is no way that a galley on a cruise ship could feed 2000 pax a day fine dining food. I think most would be surprised if they worked a night in the galley(I have)

What I realized is most posting on here have yet to eat in a fine dining rest. producing true chef driven food. they cruise a few times a year and claim to know fine dining. that couldn't be further from the truth. I know of places selling 20 dollar mac cheese side dishes. I've also dined in places selling 25 dollar a plate meatloaf. All is far superior than CCL.

Lastly for everyone complaining your sailing one of the least expensive cruise lines. Maybe you need to step up and go on crystal or something!

that stuff is usually on the kids menu. should have been added there.

I know lots of adults who are picky eaters. My sister is one of them. She sticks to things she knows and hates anything remotely related to seafood. When I discussed the new menu items with her, she was thrilled. I'm sure there are a bunch more people like her.

On top of that, the MDR isn't exactly fine dining. It's more like a simulation of such with a relaxed dress code and a wide array of menu items APPEALING to everyone not just one class of people with their nose in the air.

I know lots of adults who are picky eaters. My sister is one of them. She sticks to things she knows and hates anything remotely related to seafood. When I discussed the new menu items with her, she was thrilled. I'm sure there are a bunch more people like her.

you should expand your circle of epicurean friends.

Archived