New Menu on Imagination

dotshub

Each day's menu had an item of what is called "Comfort Food".

One day it was fried chicken, one day they had meatloaf.

I thought the food was very good.

oh, and they added an appetizer that is available every day, spinach & artichoke dip with chips.

What kind of chips if I may ask?

Yes, I liked the new menu. I was on the four day and was surprised to see the escargot the first night.

They also had some new items like the alligator fritters which were pretty good. :D

Is this a stupid question......Do they use alligator in those fritters.....or is it just a term. I've never heard of eating alligators.

Oh my its getting worse, meatloaf, fried chicken, chili with hot dogs....Im with the person that said are the picnic tables next!

I been complaining about the lack of quality/slection/healthier items now its even worse...more fast food type foods!

Meatloaf, yuck poor quality beef full of filler....fried chicken greasy....not mentioning that horrible flat iron steak.

I stick with what I said since my last carnival cruise last year, not going on Carnival until they improve on their food. I not eat that stuff at home and certainly not on my vacation.

Its a shame...... :(

If these new "choices" are an addition to the menu, fine. If they are in place of fancier items, this may be the thing that finally leads me to a different vacation choice.

Meatloaf on a cruise ship. I can think of nothing less appetizing.:eek:

camping food

CCL is catering to the new targeted customers..

i hope they start serving beef a roni ...

That one made me laugh out loud! Probably to keep from crying :p

If these new "choices" are an addition to the menu, fine. If they are in place of fancier items, this may be the thing that finally leads me to a different vacation choice.

Meatloaf on a cruise ship. I can think of nothing less appetizing.:eek:

Concur. Will be interesting to see if this is "in addition to". I know I have read numerous posts on this board from picky eaters (why cruise???) who "couldn't find anything to eat" (read: "if it ain't fried chicken or a hamburger, I ain't touchin' it"). :rolleyes::rolleyes: They should be LOVIN' these new "choices". And I concur, I dearly love Carnival's product, but if this is "instead of" and not "in addition to" I'm gonna have to move on, sadly.

wow looks like the food choices are going downhill. I thought when they added french fries to the nice meals looked really cheap. They belong on the lunch buffet. I like all the nice fancy meals. Pretty soon the dining room will be no different than a Applebees. Bummer..............

camping food

CCL is catering to the new targeted customers..

i hope they start serving beef a roni ...

Mac-N-Spam-N-Cheese is next table side...

One 7 ounce box of Kraft mac and cheese and one can of Spam prepared tableside....Yummooooooo....

I can't believe now Carn-evil thinks fried chicken is a dinner menu option and people like it....LMBO....:p:eek::D

hamburger helper on chinet compartment plates to keep it classy, and then by 2012, sloppy joes.

can't wait!

I ♥ sloppy joes, and drag myself x-town to the only bar in the area that has them.

But on a cruise? No.

Oh my its getting worse, meatloaf, fried chicken, chili with hot dogs....Im with the person that said are the picnic tables next!

I been complaining about the lack of quality/slection/healthier items now its even worse...more fast food type foods!

Meatloaf, yuck poor quality beef full of filler....fried chicken greasy....not mentioning that horrible flat iron steak.

I stick with what I said since my last carnival cruise last year, not going on Carnival until they improve on their food. I not eat that stuff at home and certainly not on my vacation.

Its a shame...... :(

I know that Princess and Celebrity both have added comfort type foods to their menus. It seems to be the trend..

So you all think that meatloaf and fried chicken isn't "classy" enough to be in the MDR, but you're more than happy to order 4 lobster tails? Yep, that's classy...:rolleyes:

Classy??? Not sure where that comes from ?…

I like the mdr for its “near” fine dining selections

Fried chicken, meat loaf or other comforts foods while good for Pubs/gastro pubs , for me its not up to par ( especially if they are substituting for their usual fare ).

Eating 4 of anything has nothing to do with fine dining …

Please pass the beef –a-roni

Meatloaf and fried chicken in the MDR on a cruise . No thanks, I can eat that at home. Boy are they cutting cost. I'm tempted to cancel my booking on the Fantasy but my hubby wants to see how bad the new menu really is and then decide if we would stay with Carnival. Carnival may loose 2 Platinum people. Does anyone have a copy of the new menu.

Fascination, Jubilee, Triumph, Pride, Destiny, Victory, Miracle, Pride, Dawn, Liberty, Valor, Majesty, Miracle, Freedom, Victory, Explorer of the Seas, Gem, Glory, Legend

Carnivalcruiselady- I also have not booked any carnival cruise since my last one....I not regret my last carnival cruise I just lost three pounds and really didn't eat because I won't eat that fast food type foods (speaking mostly of lunch buffet and after 9:30pm). Breakfast in MDR was only until 9:30 or so which is the time I get up in the morning so never made it, in the breakfast buffet was to me like a shoney's/golden corral breakfast so we just waited for lunch hoping to get healthy/variety/good selection of foods such as meats and veggies only to find there never was a carving station and only one veggie offered per day! Flat iron steak not for me, that stuff they call tenderloin is thin slices of beef smothered with this gravy so you can't tell what type of beef it really is. Its best to go and find out yourself so do go and have a good cruise!

Carastic- I also not consider it classy/fine dining to eat fried chicken and see others to do the same eating with their hands. I can understand what people are trying to say on this subject issue.

Beef a roni ugh lol

H82- LOL!!! I better stop laughing its becoming just that. :(

Happy Cruzer- I have heard the same but not been on Princess in a few years but Princess continues to remain to have its regular menu items which incluses new york strip nightly if you wish. I say this won't last long they will find much waste to the comfort foods believe. Back to what h82 says, prime rib or meatloaf lol

Archived