Azura Retreat

nigkar

We have recently booked a Caribbean cruise on the Azura.

I would like any information on the retreat area.(good or bad)

Is it worth the money?

We did sail on the Azura last year,but all the spaces for the retreat had been taken before we had embarked.

Thank you for any information.

We have recently booked a Caribbean cruise on the Azura.

I would like any information on the retreat area.(good or bad)

Is it worth the money?

We did sail on the Azura last year,but all the spaces for the retreat had been taken before we had embarked.

Thank you for any information.

You are going to get varying responses based on previous forum posts about the retreat. Those who love the 'upgraded special treatment' aspect and those who dont like the fact that there are in effect different classes and deck space is given over to those who are willing to pay for it. I fall in the latter camp hence we prefer Ventura.

I'm in the hate camp. Waste of space and far too much money. Mind you I didn't like the ship either. Too crowded.

I agree. On Ventura they freed up this space to accomodate more loungers by moving the sports court from there to its present position, eliminating the sunbed shortage problem. On Azura, they closed off this space (and the adjoining pool) and started charging for it. Shows what they think of their customers!

The other thing, and this could have been just our cruise, but the Retreat appeared to attract the 'Better than you' idiots. They were quite obnoxious.

I completely agree Matty - sotty idiots in white robes:eek:

I completely agree Matty - sotty idiots in white robes:eek:

I think that's rather unfair. We were asked to wear the robes to and from the Retreat so as to reduce use of the changing room. We certainly didn't consider ourselves "snotty" nor better than anyone else - just using a facility open to everyone albeit at a cost. Exactly the same as a select dining venue!

We booked two sessions in the retreat but after the first we cancelled the second. it was lovely to have the extra space and settees etc but our biggest gripe was no hot drinks available. we really enjoy a cup of tea at lunch or coffee in the morning. We also felt the menu very limited so we walked to the back of the ship for our buffet breakfast and again for lunch! :)

Problem is that the Select Dining Venue doesn't mean that other people eating in the MDR lose any space. The Retreat takes up valuable space and other folk sit with sunbeds without any space between them.

Archived