All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Hi -

Wondering who is the cruise director on the Explorer? Sailing in her next year and although it can change, I was just wondering?

Also, what did you think of the condition of the ship?

Thanks

Marita

Marita - I am partial to the Explorer and thought she was still in great condition. They replaced the furniture in quite a few of the cabins even though she is going into drydock next year. If Leigh is back from his vacation as your cruise director, you will not be disappointed. He is absolutely hilarious especially with activities director, Frankie. Rumor is Frankie may be upgraded and moving on to a bigger ship though.

Joan

Marita - I am partial to the Explorer and thought she was still in great condition. They replaced the furniture in quite a few of the cabins even though she is going into drydock next year. If Leigh is back from his vacation as your cruise director, you will not be disappointed. He is absolutely hilarious especially with activities director, Frankie. Rumor is Frankie may be upgraded and moving on to a bigger ship though.

Joan

Thank you so much, Joan. I have 13 cabins booked with our group and a couple of first timers to cruising. I am like a Mother Hen who wants everyone to enjoy cruising as I do. Although it is up to each one to really enjoy. What is not to like about cruising?

Thank you so much, Joan. I have 13 cabins booked with our group and a couple of first timers to cruising. I am like a Mother Hen who wants everyone to enjoy cruising as I do. Although it is up to each one to really enjoy. What is not to like about cruising?

Forgot to ask..where in Philly are you? I love cruising from ports we can drive to. Join our group and come with us on the October, 2014 sailing to Bermuda and the Caribbean 9 night cruise.

Silent disco? What is that?

They call it Silent Party, and you have to wear headphones to hear the music. There are two different channels of music, so it's funny to see people dancing (and singing:eek:) to the different music.

They call it Silent Party, and you have to wear headphones to hear the music. There are two different channels of music, so it's funny to see people dancing (and singing:eek:) to the different music.

Even if you aren't into dancing it's a lot of fun to grab a drink and watch the pandemonium from the upper level. :)

I honestly don't remember for certain if they did it on my last cruise but my gut is telling me they didn't.

Hi All,

Forgive me if this was posted. I used search but found nothing. For the transporation passes in Bermuda, can I pay with a credit card? And do most places still take US dollars if need be?

It's been a while since I have been in Bermuda. I do remember merchants taking US Dollars but giving change back in Bermuda currency. Would be great to know for sure.

As always, Thank you!

Hi All,

Forgive me if this was posted. I used search but found nothing. For the transporation passes in Bermuda, can I pay with a credit card? And do most places still take US dollars if need be?

It's been a while since I have been in Bermuda. I do remember merchants taking US Dollars but giving change back in Bermuda currency. Would be great to know for sure.

As always, Thank you!

I never encountered any place in Bermuda that did not take US currency. And the Bermuda dollar is pegged to the US dollar at a 1:1 exchange. I am not sure on the credit card question that you asked.

Guest maddycat
Hi All,

As always, Thank you!

You can only buy the transportation pass with cash. They do not take credit cards. When you buy something in Bermuda with US dollars you can ask for your change in US dollars.

And the funniest part is when the DJ tells one group to do something and not the other (things like sit down on the floor, etc).

Steve

:D I see you are going on the Explorer in Feb, we are doing the same cruise in March. Please let me know if they have the silent disco - something I certainly want to check out.

:D I see you are going on the Explorer in Feb, we are doing the same cruise in March. Please let me know if they have the silent disco - something I certainly want to check out.

I wish I was going again in February. That was last year :(

Not cruising till may on X.

Steve

Departing question - sorry, it might already be posted but I haven't made it thru the entire thread. What is the latest departure time they will let you off the ship? Out flight doesn't leave out of Newark until 5:30 so we wanted to stay on the ship as long as possible. thanks!

Departing question - sorry, it might already be posted but I haven't made it thru the entire thread. What is the latest departure time they will let you off the ship? Out flight doesn't leave out of Newark until 5:30 so we wanted to stay on the ship as long as possible. thanks!

Probably around 9:30am to 10:00am.

Another part of our group is wondering if they can do walk off? And if so, what time does this usually happen.

The last time we were on Explorer, self-disembarkation was started by 7:45am or so.

Edited by clarea