All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

We will be on the Explorer this Saturday! Anyone know if there are clocks in the rooms on Explorer? Also, can you get a wake-up call? Allure had both and I am hoping the Explorer does too. We are in an E1 Balcony room if that helps. Thanks!

We will be on the Explorer this Saturday! Anyone know if there are clocks in the rooms on Explorer? Also, can you get a wake-up call? Allure had both and I am hoping the Explorer does too. We are in an E1 Balcony room if that helps. Thanks!

No clocks, but you can arrange for a wake-up call using the stateroom phone.

The time is on the phone.

Sailing on the Explorer on 8/22 and it will be our first cruise with RCI. I've searched and read various postings on which toiletries are included in the staterooms. Although reports seem to vary, I gather that the answer is "not much." Is it safe to assume that there is hand soap on the vanity? It also appears that there is some type of shampoo dispenser on the wall of the shower. Can anyone confirm exactly what toiletries are supplied by RCI? If it matters, we are in a D1 balcony. Thanks!

You will have hand soap at the sink.

The liquid in the shower is there. That's all I can say about it. I always bring my own as the shampoo in the shower was very harsh on my hair and I have fine, thin hair.

Are there robes in the balcony cabins on the Explorer?

Not unless it's a Junior Suite or above, or the guests are Platinum C&A and above. However, you can always ask the stateroom attendant, and they will give you robes if the have some extra.

It was not available on our Dec 2012 cruise either. However, at the time they seemed to be doing away with it across the line, and seem now to have reinstituted.

They will have the Mystery Dinner listed on specialty dinning for your cruise. We went twice and had some good laughs both time. Dinner was delish!:D

Thank You:)

Sharonlacey~~~~ could you tell me what it's all about. Is something like the board game "Clue"?

Also what was the cost and what's for dinner:D

Thank You:)

Pack a clock. Or just sleep in, it's a vaction.

They had a small theater group stage a mystery murder and you guess who it was. Dinner was at Portafino's 4 courses and wine is included. You get either fish or steak, dinner was great and the show was funny, plus all the wine didn't hurt, lol. I think it was 50 each but we went 2 yrs ago I could be wrong.;)

They had a small theater group stage a mystery murder and you guess who it was. Dinner was at Portafino's 4 courses and wine is included. You get either fish or steak, dinner was great and the show was funny, plus all the wine didn't hurt, lol. I think it was 50 each but we went 2 yrs ago I could be wrong.;)

Thank You!!

Dinner sounds amazing! Is it all the wine you want:D

Sure hope the Explorer has it when we sail next May. Something different to try.

Sorry I tried searching but no luck. Does anyone know if the Explorer has the "Mystery Dinner Show"?

Thank You

They only schedule it certain times of the year....we went last year in June...this upcoming cruise they are not offering it....

Not a chance. If I was not out of the cabin by 5 AM I'd feel like I wasted a morning of my cruise.

I don't know about 5 AM, but I'm with you on not sleeping in. If you think about the cost of a cruise per hour you are awake and enjoing the ship/ports, then the earlier you wake up the cheaper the vacation is!! :D