Prices range so much- How much do you pay for your cruise?

Dreamer333

How much do you pay pp for a BALCONY (including port fees, taxes, etc)?  

660 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you pay pp for a BALCONY (including port fees, taxes, etc)?

• Less than $500 pp
    • $500-$600 pp
    • $600-$700 pp
    • $700-$800 pp
    • $800-$900 pp
    • $900-$1000 pp
    • $1000-$1200 pp
    • More than a $1200 pp

Hi, Ron... I usually get the Caribbean sailings (7-night) for less than $900/pp when I sail in Sept or Oct...

If those are the months you are looking for let me know, and I will email you my TA's info.

OK - Sept and Oct are iffy months - I can probably get the same prices - the problem is it is hurricane season and you never know where you are going or for how long -m thanks for the response anyway.

Ron

This will be our 4th cruise in the Sept/Oct. time frame. We've gone mid-Sept or last week in Sept, and second week in Oct. We had no problems until this last September with hurricanes-and-we really didn't have a bad time in Sept. We ran into rough seas 2 days before we were due back in Port Everglades and turned around. What we got were two extra days at sea in calm waters. It had been very smooth up until the time we got too close to the Atlantic on the way to Nassau. Hurricane Jeanne was heading West to Florida!! Through Travelocity last year, we paid $447/ per person counting the discounts and rebates.

We were thinking of perhaps sailing in May this year-prices are sky high as it's "in season". Can't afford it. My husband also looks for the $100/day average cost. Lynne

The first year we cruised we were treated by our next door neighbors. We went in February and the ticket prices were over $2000 each for the 4 of us, and that was going through a travel agent!! We appeciated their gift!!!!!

Generally speaking you can get a standard balcony for $800 to $1000, 1000 to 1200 for a mini suite in the continental us. Alaska is more expensive 1200 for a standanrd balcony and 1500+ for a mini suite. Europe $1500 for a week std balcony and about 2k for a mini.

I can not really do you poll because I have booked Balconies on 7 day cruises from 2001 through 2004 and the prices have varied from $750 to $950 and been spread out between 3 different cruiselines. Depends on ship, cruise line

time of year and length of cruise. This does not include the mini-suites that I have booked which have even larger ranges.

Steve Hayes

I've noticed here on the boards, posters mentioning such a wide range of prices paid for cruises! (Of course I know that the season effects the pricing)

I was wondering how much the avg person pays for a standard balcony cabin (NOT including insurance).

I am posting a poll in case people don't feel comfortable talking about money. (You can just vote, and not post anything).

Recently RCL has changed their pricing policy so that everyone pays the same price... which I do NOT like... I love searching for a bargain!

I will take my tenth cruise in a couple of weeks, and I have never paid more than $90 per person per day, since I shop around for the cheapest cabin with a guarantee, and most of the time I am upgraded. The only cabin I ever had with a balcony was on Carnival to w. caribean this past January, which was 7 days for $599 each before taxes. We got an ocean view cabin, since the price was $20 each more than an inside), and we were upgraded to balcony (a nice surprise). I liked the balcony, but I didn't think it was worth the extra cost. You get the same view from the decks (and get to see both sides instead of one).

Usually we pay $499-$599 each per 7 day cruise. We have more flexibility though than some folks on when we can cruise. The balcony rooms are sometimes twice that price. I would rather have two cruises without balcony than one with it. I have found discounted prices to Alaska are same prices as Mexico. Caribbean actually seems to have even cheaper prices most of the time...I figure that is due to more ships in that area (and don't forget airfares, that can add a lot too). I look forward to when we are both retired, and we can just pack up and leave with a day's notice for some of those last minute specials, which can be even less.

Most of our cruises have been in inside cabins on Aloha, Baja or Carib decks and have come in at about $100 per day pp or less including all port fees and taxes - we usually also get a cabin credit of at least $100 or more.

Ron

Our last balcony cabin was on the Grand in December 2003. The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas have some bargains. We were thrilled to get a BA balcony cabin on the Caribe deck for less per person than it would have cost us to upgrade to a balcony on the Star Princess to Alaska.

The major travel websites, such as Travelocity and Expedia, will let you know what balcony cabins are going for. You can figure in a discount from some TAs from these rates and specials for groups, but the prices are going to be in the general range.

I also get last-minute email alerts from a few cruiselines and agencies. Some of these deals are very tempting. We booked our holiday cruise on Celebrity with an Internet TA at the last minute and saved $800 per person compared to what people who booked months in advance paid. Unfortunately, we can't take advantage of more of these last-minute deals because of our work schedules.

We paid $1200 pp for a balcony on Aloha deck on our 10 day Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise in Oct 2005 with $400 onboard credit.

October is bargain time oin any ship sailing Caribbean waters - Yes $1200 + $400 is a good price.

Ron

This is going to blow everyone out of the water, but my GF and I got a BB Balcony GUAR for 7 days on the Golden from NYC to San Juan for $584 pp with a $100 shipboard credit. My GF is a first-time cruiser and doesn't appreciate how good of a deal this is. Thoughts?

Private Message me for the website we used.

Our TA wouldn't match a lower fare that we found on three other sites so I cancelled the booking and fought with them over the cancellation fee (eventually won). Ended up with a BB GUAR, instead of a BD GUAR, for ALOT cheaper than my first booking.

The $584 is after everything. One of the first, second and third questions I had for the new TA. :)

We have paid in the range of all the above. The least was on the NCL Norway, TA found a deal for around 450 pp total but that was a room with bunk beds. No big deal the wife was 5 month pregnant. Also that was in June. The most was on Carnival Imagination New Years cruise

Just booked the Golden Princess for December- Southern Carribean, Cat. BC - Balcony stateroom and was given cabin B301 which is much larger than most at 434 sq. feet for $805.00 each including taxes & port charges. Really happy about this one.

Just booked the Golden Princess for December- Southern Carribean, Cat. BC - Balcony stateroom and was given cabin B301 which is much larger than most at 434 sq. feet for $805.00 each including taxes & port charges. Really happy about this one.

You are in a handicapped room which is all right if you are handicapped. If you are not, and if they need the room for a handicapped person, you will be relocated to another Cat BC room..

Yes Hurricane season or between American Thanksgiving (different from Thanksgiving in Canada) and Christmas are the two low seasons. Luckily my anniversary is during hurricane season and DW's wife falls between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we always seem to be able to find good deals on balconys for around 850.00 PP.

Archived