Why should I cruise on RCI

I can't tell you why you and your family should cruise with RCI, but my wife and I do because we feel that they provide an excellent value for the money that we spend.

We just got off the Explorer of the Seas a couple weeks back and we're already booked on it again for next June.

I loved Voyager .. and thought it was the most beautiful ship Iv ever been on.

Maybe look around at another cruiseline like Celebrity, depending on what you hated that much on Voyager 11 years ago to make you not want to cruise on RCL again. Maybe you need a more upscale line?

I have cruised on RCI twice before. My last cruise on the Voyager OTS was horrible. And my wife, kids, and I vowed not to cruise again with RCI. Since It's been 11 years we were thinking about maybe taking another one. What has changed? What's new? Thank you for any help you can provide.

It would be extremely helpful to find out which services RCI provided that disappointed you so much.

I'm a fan of RCI, and I may overlook the things that made your cruise so horrible...

I have cruised on RCI twice before. My last cruise on the Voyager OTS was horrible. And my wife, kids, and I vowed not to cruise again with RCI. Since It's been 11 years we were thinking about maybe taking another one. What has changed? What's new? Thank you for any help you can provide.

If everyone's experience on RCI was the same as yours was 11 years ago would they still be in business? Many people, myself included, have cruised 10+ times with RCI on various ships and not had any issues.

I'd take a look at what really bothered you on that cruise and ask the cruise-line if policies changed to prevent the same thing from occurring again. If you have sailed on another line and had a good experience then maybe stick with that line but that also is no guarantee of good service the next time either.

I've made similar decisions as you have. We have not visited certain restaurant chains for 5+ years at a time due to couple of lousy experiences. If you are of a similar mind then either cost or destination must be coming into play to make you give RCI another chance. If it is travel partners then you already have close friends/family who think enough of RCI that they'd cruise with them.

For us, we have stuck with RCI because of the frequent traveler benefits and because we have yet to have an experience like you did 11 years ago with them.

Good luck...Chris

I dont think anything(short of death) could make any cruise horrible.

I wonder what happened to you. You've been cruising alot more than I have but anytime I am on vacation on a cruise ship I have a wonderfull time. I may not like the boat, but I my family always will find a way to have a wonderful time. I recently took a Carnival Ship(Miracle) on a family

re-union spring break cruise and looking back I have realized that I did not care much for the ship,decor or food.But I had a wonderful time. You really should give Royal another try. I have only been on 5 cruises(and counting). 3, soon to be 4 of them with RCL and when I look for another cruise I will always look for RCL first then other lines after. Good Luck.

After 11 years, you will find the quality and presentation of the food to have gone downhill.... and that's pretty much true on most of the mass-market cruiselines.

As far as the service they give, they are top-notch. The ships are gorgeous and easy to navigate.

Makes me wish I'd had a "bad" experience at one time I went into a McDonalds, Burger King, Dominoes, etc.

Unfortunately there are times things don't turn out as expected. Rather than boycott, I would identify the problem and move on. Poor experiences rarely fix themselves. Confronting them is the only way to resolve them. You may be missing out on fun times otherwise.

I think you should continue to boycott RC. You ask many of us here why you should sail with them again yet fail to explain what issues you had 11 years ago? I'm pretty sure if you gave us reasons you felt RC wronged you 11 years ago many would give you a better idea why RC might have improved since then. Other wise move along...

Your thread is way too vague. You need to explain horrible? I've been on 30+ cruise on every major cruise line and haven't been on any "horrible" cruise yet. Was your cabin toilet not working for the entire cruise, bad food, service or entertainment not to your liking. My last cruise on Mariner of the Seas was outstanding. At least tell us what type of cruise experience you are looking for and I'm sure we'll be able to tell you if RCCL will fit your expectation or direct you to a cruise line that will. But at this point I wouldn't recommend you to go back to RCCL without more info. Sorry.

Three hours into this thread and op hasn't returned or responded to questions. Did he/she really want answers or just to stir the pot?

I agree.. I went back up and looked at the cruises they have been on and I say Royal is better W/O them. They have been on a few Quality lines but Plastic and neon is more to their liking. Happy sailings in Aug.;)

about Carnival. I've tried them twice, and even though there were things I loved about them (the huge corner aft balcony, the food and service in their speciality restaurants, their ports, and their prices), I hated the party atmosphere, the loud music, the decor, the food overall, etc.

We've sailed Princess once, and even though it wasn't our favorite cruise line, I'd try another ship if it had the right ports.

I used to think that Celebrity could not be beat, but then we ventured out and tried Adventure of the Seas to Southern Carib. Loved it so much we took my dd and fil on her!

So, now we have two favorites. I'd like to try HAL, Disney, and NCL before I leave this planet.

I vote that you should think about what it is you didn't like and find a cruise line where you won't have the same experience (if it's something specific to RCI). If you're not sure about RCI, try either a newer ship or a ship that fits the bill (we're going to try the Radiance class next).

Let us know what you decide.

You seem to favor the whale tail ships and seeing as you are getting ready to board another lines ship for the next 6 months why even ask about RCI?

I think you should continue to boycott RC. .

You beat me to it, I was going to tell them that RC continues to be terrible and I'll keep going every year to verify that it is still that way and report back.

I love royal caribbean, I love the Marnier of the Seas (sp?), but I did not like the Voyager of the Seas, yes, weird because they are sister ships. I think the atmosphere, fun, better shows, etc. on the MOS. If I were you, maybe you and your family should try the Allure of the Seas, or Oasis of the Seas, OR a Freedom class ship. I also have kids who are 9, 11, 13 and 15 and they love Royal :) PS, my husband didn't really like the VOS, just our opinion.

Just another Carnival troll trying to stir up trouble. Please stay with Carnival. RCCL is much too nice for you.

Archived