Suite Amenities Package, personal experience or info anyone?

I have emails from HAL stating otherwise, but since we booked the deluxe suite instead of the SU, we decided not to book it. I will however be booking it as a gift for someone. I wonder why HAL gave mixed answers overall. I really doubt that the front desk would deiny it to me when I have it in writing if I had ever decided to book it. We do not do Pinnicle, (just wasnt for us) and would have to ship the robes.

I checked twice with customer service--you need to call in again--

Bg

Any information on what is included with the afternoon tea would be appreciated. I've only done the afternoon tea in the MDR on Princess once, years ago, so I'm not sure what this would include.

Also, if you do purchase ahead of time does the cost go towards your credit for a days bonus for being over $300 onboard spending? I'm not very clear on that concept as Princess didn't offer anything like that.

Thanks!

Any spending you do in advance of sailing counts toward bonus days.

I checked twice with customer service--you need to call in again--

Bg

I also checked twice, finally they sent it to me in writing via email

Im pretty sure the front desk will honor anything in writing from HAL when it is as simple as this...

Too bad so many diff answers. Goes to show miscommunication everywhere.

Also, if you do purchase ahead of time does the cost go towards your credit for a days bonus for being over $300 onboard spending? I'm not very clear on that concept as Princess didn't offer anything like that.

Thanks!

I asked a HAL Mainer rep the other day if any pre-cruise purchases count toward the $300=1 day bonus and she said it does. Obviously you want to make sure your Mariner number is on the site when you are logged in. Come to think of it, I guess it would have to be. You can help cover yourself by bringing a copy of your receipt with you to show to the crew at the front desk.

Edited by scamper

hi, i ordered the suite amenites package and requested the alcohol setup info and was e-mailed this info a few days ago. hope it helps.

Beverages in this list can be chosen for the various packages that include an initial beverage set up.

2 for 1 means: If guests like to have a Crown Royal, it would equal 2 bottles of the standard set-up of beverages available.

4 for 1 means If guests like to have a Remy Martin it would be equal to all 4 of the standard set-up of beverages available.

I'm a bit confused (not unusual) - we like Johnnie Walker Black - since the package comes with "two bottles of your favorite liquor," does this mean that we would get one bottle as it is listed as a two for one? That's fine; one is plenty for the cruise, I just want to be sure that we can get the brand we like if we get the package.

I also checked twice, finally they sent it to me in writing via email

Im pretty sure the front desk will honor anything in writing from HAL when it is as simple as this...

Too bad so many diff answers. Goes to show miscommunication everywhere.

I am on the Oosterdam for 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise in December. I also wrote to HAL and have confirmation in writing that I can purchase the single package even though there are 2 of us in the cabin. I also asked about getting credit for items I don't want/use. I was informed that it was up to the ship to decide if I would get credit (I specifically asked about the wine, liquor, and bathrobe) and it would be up to 25% of what each item cost, but it was up to the ship how much.

I just got off the phone with HAL and they told me that things can't be returned and that the "package can't be broken." I asked specifically about the robes BEFORE monogramming, since we really don't need any more cruise ship robes. Seems like there are a lot of different answers floating out there!

I just got off the phone with HAL and they told me that things can't be returned and that the "package can't be broken." I asked specifically about the robes BEFORE monogramming, since we really don't need any more cruise ship robes. Seems like there are a lot of different answers floating out there!

Is it possible to order the package as soon as your board the ship?

Then, it'd be easy for them to cancel out the items you don't want.

Does anyone know if you can purchase the suite package after you board ship? We have a very large OBC and would love to use it for this.

I've been emailing with HAL about the package, and, for what it's worth, here is the response I got to that question: "In general, we recommend to purchase the package prior to sailing."

I've been emailing with HAL about the package, and, for what it's worth, here is the response I got to that question: "In general, we recommend to purchase the package prior to sailing."

Thanks for the response. I guess "recommends" doesn't mean "not possible". Guess I will take my chance and see if I can do it. The worse that could happen would be a friendly "not possibile!"

HI

If I purchase the Suite Amenities Package, does the wine I choose get delivered to the Cabin, or can I request it in the dining room?

If it's delivered to the cabin, and I take it to the dining room for dinner, am I charged the corkage fee?

Thanks

If it's delivered to the cabin, and I take it to the dining room for dinner, am I charged the corkage fee?

No, you are not charged for HAL's wine, regardless of where it's delivered to. Bring it anywhere you want, and the steward will recognize it as HAL product.

• 2 months later...

We have been upgraded to a suite for the first time. I have read the amenities and have a question. The description of the amenities says, in part:

"Neptune Lounge: A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Deluxe Verandah Suite or Penthouse Verandah Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge."

What does "wi-fi for a small charge" mean? Does it mean there are separate, less expensive internet packages for suite passengers, or what?

Thank you for any information about this!

Betty

We have been upgraded to a suite for the first time. I have read the amenities and have a question. The description of the amenities says, in part:

"Neptune Lounge: A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Deluxe Verandah Suite or Penthouse Verandah Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge."

What does "wi-fi for a small charge" mean? Does it mean there are separate, less expensive internet packages for suite passengers, or what?

Thank you for any information about this!

Betty

No, wifi is the same price for everyone. Love the spin on that:D.

• 3 weeks later...
Any spending you do in advance of sailing counts toward bonus days.

That's good to know...I tend to like to take care of things like expensive shore excursions ahead of time. It softens the blow at the end!:rolleyes:

I can't seem to find what it is you people are talking about. A suite ammenties package is not what I found. I found Suite Ellite package for $779 for 2 and there is no mention of a free bathrobe included. That is a long way from the $379 others mentioned here for a 7 day cruise. Is there another package with all these things you say here?

By the way I thought unlimited laundry is included with a suite booking. Here is what it said for my upcoming NA booking:

"With the Suite Elite Package you'll receive in-suite beverage setup with your choice of two bottles of wine and two bottles of your favorite liquor, a pass to access the Hydro Pool & Thermal Suite located in the Greenhouse Spa, a $50 beverage card, dinner for two at the Pinnacle Grill, a Culinary Arts Center Class, one Premium Wine Tasting led by the Cellar Master, an internet time package of 100 minutes, and evening truffles in your suite. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item. You must be 21 years of age or older to order and receive alcoholic beverages. The price of the package applies to double occupancy on sailings up to 10 days on the following ships: Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. "

Suite Elite is a package for those already booked in PS, SA, SB or SC. It is a package of extras. The Suite Amenities is a package for those booked in lower level staterooms. Gives you the amenities of the top suites, like laundy, but excludes Neptune Lounge. It also includes the bathrobes, beverage set-up, Pinnacle etc like the suite elite

Dennis

So you are saying because I am booked in a Deluxe Suite I have no access to the lower packages that includes the free bathrobes. That's not right. I've got a suite and if I want a monogramed bathrobe I have to pay an extra $55 because they are not included in the Suites category or at least you can't take them home.