Golden Alaska..Most Traveled Passenger luncheon?

Luvsprincess

Does anyone know on the Golden most traveled passenger ...is it a luncheon or is it something else?. Last year on the Golden they didnt have the luncheon but had one night at skywalkers you met all the officers and staff walked around with trays of food and free drinks (not to be confused with the nightly Elite happyhour). But the saphirre had the luncheon.

I seem to remember that not all that long ago it was mentioned that for a luncheon onboard the cruise needed to be over 10 (or was it 12?) days, and the 7 dayers usually have the cocktail party? I am sure I read that on CC somewhere, but I can not remember how long ago it was, sorry.

Toto...I too have read posts that it can also be based on the number of sea days. Last June on a 7 day cruise to Alaska as a newbie Elite (I was #7 :eek:), it was a cocktail party. I wonder if the number of days for those eligible for the function could be part of the captain's decision about what type of an event. :confused:

Whatever way it's decided, I'm fully aware that the odds of making it again anytime soon are slim & none...particularly on the longer cruises we enjoy most. ;)

Toto...I too have read posts that it can also be based on the number of sea days. Last June on a 7 day cruise to Alaska as a newbie Elite (I was #7 :eek:), it was a cocktail party. I wonder if the number of days for those eligible for the function could be part of the captain's decision about what type of an event. :confused:

Whatever way it's decided, I'm fully aware that the odds of making it again anytime soon are slim & none...particularly on the longer cruises we enjoy most. ;)

Alaska seems to be the one itinerary that does attract new passengers/cruisers, and many gold members make the cut for either the cocktail party or luncheon on those cruises. If you decide to visit Alaska again, you would probably have a very good shot at it, but the longer voyages probably not. Good luck though! :)

I hope its the luncheon. The food is terrific. I have only been on 7 dayers and it has all been luncheons except the Golden. But the saphirre had exact itenerary and it was a luncheon. So I guess we will see what the Captain has to say about this.

We did a back to back on the Coral to Alaska 2 years ago. At that time we probably had about 140 sea days. On both segments they only did a cocktail party one evening and we were invited to both. It was a very nice event and they put out a heck of a spread. I believe they invited the top 40 cruisers to it. To the best of my knowledge there was no luncheon. We also got a complimentary picture with the captain for each segment. As noted earlier Alaska seems to have a very large contingent of new cruisers.

Don't expect more than a cocktail party on those 12 day Med cruises either. Since they are so port intensive, there's just no time for a luncheon.

That was the only time we have had a cocktail party was on a Med cruise, all of the rest have always been luncheons. Understandably so, as they are just so port intensive and they must be held on a sea day.

Alaska seems to be the one itinerary that does attract new passengers/cruisers, and many gold members make the cut for either the cocktail party or luncheon on those cruises. If you decide to visit Alaska again, you would probably have a very good shot at it, but the longer voyages probably not. Good luck though! :)
I agree with you about Alaska cruises. My wife and I just got off the Golden to Alaska, and were surprised how many blue name tags we saw outside the staterooms. The Captain's Circle Party had plenty of empty seats. Contrast that with our Hawaii cruise on the same ship just five months ago. They had to hold four separate Captain's Circle Parties over 2 days.

I agree with you about Alaska cruises. My wife and I just got off the Golden to Alaska, and were surprised how many blue name tags we saw outside the staterooms. The Captain's Circle Party had plenty of empty seats. Contrast that with our Hawaii cruise on the same ship just five months ago. They had to hold four separate Captain's Circle Parties over 2 days.

On our last cruise to Mexico they had 4 Captain Circle parties as well!

I am on the Emerald December 8 with 140 days. Do you think I will get invited this time. Would my partner who isPlatinum be able to join me/

There is never a way of telling if you will make the cut or not. It all depends on how many Elite members are on your sailing, and how many of those members accept the invitation (actually we have seen some decline the invite). I am sure that if you are invited, your partner will also be able to join you though. Good Luck!

Don't expect more than a cocktail party on those 12 day Med cruises either. Since they are so port intensive, there's just no time for a luncheon.

Had the luncheon on our 12 day Med cruise on the star recently.

Best dessert ever!!!! Chocolate Gianduia Mousse

2523548970016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

Had the luncheon on our 12 day Med cruise on the star recently.

Best dessert ever!!!! Chocolate Gianduia Mousse

2523548970016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

Did you really eat that sinful thing? :eek: Sure you did. Mike would have too. :D

I am on the Emerald December 8 with 140 days. Do you think I will get invited this time. Would my partner who isPlatinum be able to join me/

No way to tell what the cut off will be. In April on the Ocean P, we had about 280 & made the luncheon. The following cruise, we had about 300 and did not make it.

I am on the Emerald December 8 with 140 days. Do you think I will get invited this time. Would my partner who is Platinum be able to join me/

It's doubtful since the 10 day cruises usually attract more Elites & the cutoff is probably going to be >300 days, but there's always hope.

I travel alone and every time I've been invited I've brought along a friend to share the experience. Just notify the Captains Circle host of the friends name so they are prepared.

I hope you get invited but with only 140 days that is a big "if"

I was invited in June 2011 to the most traveled cocktail party on the Golden (as well as hubby, BUT HIS FATHER DIED AND HE DIDN'T MAKE THE CRUISE), it was held in Skywalkers....a very nice party....the crew was great....most traveled was from Japan with over 900 days! (learned that the Captain, his wife and their 2 small children live in large suite on Aloha deck....)

I received a picture with the Captain & me and it was given to me before the party was over! (I also had a pic taken with my camera too)

(This was the first time invited for me!)

I was invited in June 2011 to the most traveled cocktail party on the Golden (as well as hubby, BUT HIS FATHER DIED AND HE DIDN'T MAKE THE CRUISE), it was held in Skywalkers....a very nice party....the crew was great....most traveled was from Japan with over 900 days! (learned that the Captain, his wife and their 2 small children live in large suite on Aloha deck....)

I received a picture with the Captain & me and it was given to me before the party was over! (I also had a pic taken with my camera too)

(This was the first time invited for me!)

Was that Captain Lubrano? He was the Captain on our Golden sailing, and we saw his wife and children at the Captain's Circle party. His daughter pulled the winning names out for him.

Archived