Dockyard Sea Glass Beach - the easy way!

32N64W

• 4 weeks later...

The steps are not really that bad. There is a handrail to hang onto most of the way down. They seem to be in a bit of disrepair and a bit uneven in depth of each step. As long as you watch your step, you should be fine. You should just know that they are not a nice even, smooth, well groomed set of steps. Have gone there several times and never had any problem. I am in my late sixties and do just fine.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from Bermuda today. Thanks 32N64W for your great directions (and photos) to the sea glass beach. We could have easily walked from the Dockyard, but we already had transportation passes and it was a bit rainy. We went aboard the "Special" bus to Horseshoe Bay as the driver said it was OK to get off at Naval Cemetery. At the bus stop we crossed the street, went behind the houses and down the stairs like you had written. The stairs are in disrepair but if you are careful they are OK.

The beach was FANTASTIC. I have never seen anything like it. It was amazing to see all the glass and hear the tinkling of the glass as the waves brought more in. We collected a big ziplock full of beautiful pieces. There were two other couples on the beach at the same time as us. We got on a #7 bus back after taking a great photo of some colorful chickens in front of a blue church across the street.

Without reading this thread we never would have gone there and would have missed out. Thanks again!

764996475_Star2012May104.jpg.6950df1e439bc794f2bf5150a0e4b376.jpg

I would also like to thank 32n64w for the great directions to sea glass beach! The pictures really helped and we got TONS of sea glass! Just one note-as we were walking toward the steps, a local guy on a scooter stopped, asked us what we were trying to find, and told us it was shorter to take the path behind the small convict cemetary(you'll see the sign). This leads right to the beach!

I would also like to thank 32n64w for the great directions to sea glass beach! The pictures really helped and we got TONS of sea glass! Just one note-as we were walking toward the steps, a local guy on a scooter stopped, asked us what we were trying to find, and told us it was shorter to take the path behind the small convict cemetary(you'll see the sign). This leads right to the beach!

thank you for that info, I will be going in a couple of weeks. I hope there is still sea glass!

thank you for that info, I will be going in a couple of weeks. I hope there is still sea glass!
:)

I wondered the same thing, until I went there & saw for myself.... Each wave brings in a new batch of glass, sparkling like gem stones. It's breathtaking.... There will be enough for our grandkid's grandkids. Can't wait to go back again in October!

We were there in November and there was sea glass everywhere! Another post mentioned how you could hear the 'tinkling' of the glass every time the water rolled in to the shore. It reminded me of the sound a wind chime makes and I found it to be quite soothing. We collected lots of sea glass and have it on display in our home in a vase with river rocks. I sometimes display fresh cut flowers in the vase and the water looks so nice with the rocks & glass. We also liked how secluded the beach was, no touristy type stuff, just a nice quiet place to collect sea glass and stare at the ocean. We're looking forward to going back next year to get some more.

We're going in October. I can't wait to find this beach! I do have a question though. My BF has a bad hip and we're planning on taking the bus to and from the beach. Does anyone know how often the bus passes the beach for the return trip to the ship?

• 3 weeks later...

We are cruising to Bermuda in August and I would love to check out the sea glass beach. I understand from reading the posts that it is not a swimming beach. What would be the closest beach to the sea glass beach for swimming and sunning? I think I could convince my sons and husband tostop at sea glass beach if we could easily get to a swimming beach afterward.

We are cruising to Bermuda in August and I would love to check out the sea glass beach. I understand from reading the posts that it is not a swimming beach. What would be the closest beach to the sea glass beach for swimming and sunning? I think I could convince my sons and husband tostop at sea glass beach if we could easily get to a swimming beach afterward.

Just take the #7 bus to Horseshoe Bay...one of the finest beaches you'll find anywhere.

We're going in October. I can't wait to find this beach! I do have a question though. My BF has a bad hip and we're planning on taking the bus to and from the beach. Does anyone know how often the bus passes the beach for the return trip to the ship?

I hope some knowledgable person answers your question as I have the same question and same hip issue. My husband insists we visit this beach. Answer please.:confused:

Grace

#7 bus runs on the hour and half hour.

Look here but make sure you look at the green #7 route to Dockyard and NOT the #7 that goes to Barnes Corner. Enlarge it until you can read it. Plan on getting to the bus stop accordingly. Also remember the pink pole at the stop goes toward Hamilton so you will want the [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]blue[/color] pole that goes away from Hamilton.

http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_11846_311_1794_43/http;/ptpublisher.gov.bm;7087/publishedcontent/publish/gov__top_level__org__house_/govt_home_left_nav/3850_busshedule.pdf

If you have walking issues, take the van labeled To The Top for $2....could have gone up a bit but it's worth it. Very nice gentleman and he has some interesting commentary on the way. :) He waits at the bottom but if you happen to catch him when he has come up, I'm sure he would take you down as well

48bac0a4.jpg

Edited by iheartbda

I believe this person, and the poster they were quoting were inquiring about the sea glass beach, not Horseshoe Bay. No van at sea glass beach, and any #7 or #8 bus from Dockyard will get you there. ;)

Edited by njhorseman

I believe this person, and the poster they were quoting were inquiring about the sea glass beach, not Horseshoe Bay. No van at sea glass beach, and any #7 or #8 bus from Dockyard will get you there. ;)

You are absolutely correct. We just want to look for some sea glass and don't do beaches because of multiple skin cancer excisions. Living in FL we have beaches so beacher are no big deal. Just want to see the sea glass.

Thanks

Grace

SAW-WEE. Cover me with jam and put me on an ant hill.:p

Was reading the post too quickly and missed that they only wanted the sea glass beach.:D Other things on my mind as well.;)

Thank you! Will the #7 or #8 bus bring us back to the ship? If so, is there a bus stop we should look for?

Yes, the same buses routes return to Dockyard. Going from the sea glass beach back to Dockyard the color of the pole at the bus stop will be blue...so look for a blue pole approximately across the street from where you got off the bus going to the sea glass beach (the pole where you got off the bus on your trip to the sea glass beach will have been pink).

Edited by njhorseman