Vines Question

crusinpeg

Can you purchase a bottle of wine at Vines and will they hold it for you like in the dining room?

Yes!

Thanks, "crusinpeg" and "clo6216," for the Q&A. I had been wondering about that.

Now, I have another (and perhaps hard-to-answer) question that is somewhat related.

Here at the forum, I can recall seeing photos of wine lists (from MDR and/or Vines) on which two or more double-size (1.5-liter) bottles of wine were listed. I can also recall seeing one wine list on which one quadruple-size (3.0-liter) bottle was listed. I think that the latter was a Cabernet Sauvignon.

I do not know how old the aforementioned wine lists were. I wonder if fellow CruiseCritic members know if any 1.5-liter and/or 3.0-liter bottles are still available on the Princess fleet. (I'm especially wondering about the Emerald.) If so, would such bottles be available in Vines?

Thanks, in advance.

I do know Princess sommeliers are changing the wine list very soon. They plan to add substantially more selections. While I did not see the list of new wines, I was assured passengers in coming months who enjoy wine will be far more pleased than the relatively limited selection in Vines and elsewhere.

I thought the Vines selection was good, reasonably priced and suited my needs just fine.

Guest arowe6

Yes. You can purchase a bottle and drink as much or as little as you want. We love Vines. Our favorite spot on the ship!!!!

Enjoy your cruise.

-Andrew :)

No charge for sushi or tapas IF you purchase wine by the glass or bottle (makes no difference) at the time. Your choice to have either or both of the daily sushie and tapas offerings. I thought the quality of both were good, changed daily, offered from 4 pm onwards.

As for the new wine list, I was told it was imminent and we would be pleased with the wider selection. A key issue is implementation - restocking the various ships, updating the lists and ensuring there will be a plentiful supply from wine suppliers. My sense was by Sept. the new list should be implemented across the fleet.

One of the great things about vines is that the staff is super and maybe even beyond super. After the first night, our 'wine guy' remembered all the important things and we never presented a card again. He got to know our likes (not that we that many dislikes) and was not shy about introducing us to other passengers he thought were good folks!

Yes, he got a huge tip on that last day of our Golden 14-night Hawaii cruise.

Jim

I purchased a bottle of wine at Vines and took it to my cabin, I usually buy some vino for a cruise, but we got into San Juan late and Vines came in handy. The staff is great, I even got two nice glasses to take away.:)

No charge for sushi or tapas IF you purchase wine by the glass or bottle (makes no difference) at the time. Your choice to have either or both of the daily sushie and tapas offerings. I thought the quality of both were good, changed daily, offered from 4 pm onwards.

As for the new wine list, I was told it was imminent and we would be pleased with the wider selection. A key issue is implementation - restocking the various ships, updating the lists and ensuring there will be a plentiful supply from wine suppliers. My sense was by Sept. the new list should be implemented across the fleet.

I sure hope they keep the Wolfs Blass (AU) President's Label Shiraz. IMHO, it is the best red wine I've ever tasted. The first thing I did when we boarded the Golden this past February was to head to Vines and buy a bottle.....:):):)

Bob

I sure hope they keep the Wolfs Blass (AU) President's Label Shiraz. IMHO, it is the best red wine I've ever tasted. The first thing I did when we boarded the Golden this past February was to head to Vines and buy a bottle.....:):):)

Bob

Ohhh I hope they keep that one as well :)

It is one of our favourites as well and Princess prices are close to what we pay for it in our liquor stores here in Canada:eek:

Ohhh I hope they keep that one as well :)

It is one of our favourites as well and Princess prices are close to what we pay for it in our liquor stores here in Canada:eek:

I'm quite surprised that it's priced as cheaply as it is.....

Bob

Thanks.... I'll be returning from Chile and Argentina on a wine/culinary tour right before our oct cruise and would love to see their additions... :D

CC

Archived