What I would love on board

curiouscat

I say it all the time, but darn it, I mean it -- decent hair dryers!!!!

And as long as we're in the realm of fantasy, I would be very pleased to see the IC specialty coffee replaced with a Starbucks franchise (not the food, just the coffee/tea drinks). I enjoy my afternoon mochas onboard but they really don't taste nearly as good as Starbucks. Of course, enjoying it on the Promenade Deck gazing out at the sea makes up for a lot of that.

Ooh, and more chairs/loungers on the Promenade Deck! That'd be very nice.

Can not stand Starbucks coffee. Why change what is working. Many do not like their coffee and wouldn't patronize the coffee establishment if they did. Sorry but they need to please the majority of cruisers not jsut one. I like the coffee at the IC the way it is now.

I'd like to see more live bands - like the Calypso bands poolside during the day.

I'd like to see the Sanctuary area turned into a nice dance floor for evening dancing on deck, again with live band.

While we're on wish lists - how about first run movies (those still in theaters) for MUTS at night.

I love your wish list. Especially the one about the dance floor/sanctuary.

If only......

I would love to see some new and improved production shows that were more like abridged Broadway shows. Something like the shortened Phantom that's playing in Vegas.

I've thought the same thing. While I do enjoy the Princess production shows, they're basically just a theme with music. I'd love to see something like what RCCL is doing on the Oasis and Allure, having a true musical play, such as Hairspray or Chicago. It would probably cost more to produce, though, since the cast would need to do some acting as well as singing and dancing.

How 'bout printing up 5x7 pics instead of the 8x10 pics and then they could charge maybe $9.99 instead of $24.99. I'd buy 2 differnent poses of $9.99 each in the smaller, more realistic to frame and display size.

As it is, when I do buy (special occasions...like it was Thursday) I take my one 8x10 home, scan it, and get a 5x7 printed at Walmart (yeah yeah, I know it's copyrighted and Walgreen's won't do it but as I said in the title...'reality check')

How 'bout printing up 5x7 pics instead of the 8x10 pics and then they could charge maybe $9.99 instead of $24.99. I'd buy 2 differnent poses of $9.99 each in the smaller, more realistic to frame and display size.

As it is, when I do buy (special occasions...like it was Thursday) I take my one 8x10 home, scan it, and get a 5x7 printed at Walmart (yeah yeah, I know it's copyrighted and Walgreen's won't do it but as I said in the title...'reality check')

It really doesn't matter that the prints from Princess are copyrighted. Just give Princess a call and ask for a release and they will gladly provide you with one... Then you can get your pictures printed at a better photo lab than Walmart's... :)

I like the "brewed" coffee I get with the coffee card - I too wish it was readily available in the buffet.

I do not like Starbucks policy of only Dark Roasting all their coffees (burned beans):eek:. IMHO - I believe it is how they mask inferior grade beans, yet charge based on the bean's origin as if it were the finest grade. If you drink your starbucks with all the other stuff (cream/sugar, etc.) mixed in some concoction, it may be more tolerable and less acidic.

For those who like Starbucks, perhaps a French or dark roast option would be more to their liking.

Isn't it funny how opinions differ?

For instance, someone mentioned 'too flat' pillows. I think the pillows are too fat! I would like a pillow menu, though. And I don't like soft beds. Also, better bedside reading lights.

I'd like some new shows--mini broadway shows would be great.

Better desserts that don't taste like cardboard (the cakes) or all the same!

A return of the movie schedule that used to be in your room; it's almost impossible to catch the beginning of a tv movie that you actually want to see. I loved the on-demand free movies on Celebrity, even if there wasn't enough variety.

I'd love some new or different Caribbean itineraries.

As to photos, on our last RCI cruise they had some kind of face recognition software that organized all our photos in the computer--loved that! We'd buy more photos if they were more reasonably priced--I'd prefer 5x7 options too.

Hmmm... Generally I like the ships the way they are, but they could really use a couple of flowriders, or a climbing wall, or a... YIKES! *scampers out of the room, dodging flying veggies*

Hmmm... Generally I like the ships the way they are, but they could really use a couple of flowriders, or a climbing wall, or a... YIKES! *scampers out of the room, dodging flying veggies*

And that is why there are other cruise lines to choose from...:)

Do away with formal nights and let the midday bridge announcement be the only one unless the ship is sinking.

Cruise on NCL ships and you don't have to bother with formal nights. Many of us Princess cruisers enjoy the formal nights, if you are not you are on the wrong ship!:mad:

Cruise on NCL ships and you don't have to bother with formal nights. Many of us Princess cruisers enjoy the formal nights, if you are not you are on the wrong ship!:mad:

Not that it make much difference but since Princess doesn't enforce a strict dress code you can still enjoy the dining room & not dress full formal get a better value than NCL. We've always found that NCL was OK but that prices aren't much better than Princess & the overall quality not the same.

I agree with the ideas about 5x7 photos; I too would likely buy more as they would be more practical. I have so many of the 8x10 that I buy just to have and they are all sitting in a folder.

To point out some positives though, I did notice on my CB sailing last month, that there were some different shaped photos which had a wallet size photo with it. i thought that was a very nice change of pace... hopefully we will see more of it....Princess are you listening;)

Dana

As long as this is a dream list.....

Interactive TV in cabins so you can order shore excursions, make spa appts, check your bill, order pix etc from your own cabin 24/7.

How about balconies designed so cig smoke never blows onto a neighboring balcony? Or doors onto balconies that close quietly?

What would I love to see? A note slipped under my door on that last night telling me that my bar tab was being covered by someone else!!

Jim

Since this is a wish list . . .I want somebody from Publishers Clearing House to knock on my cabin door on the last day of the cruise to tell me I just won $10,000,000 . . .oh, and a shower curtin that didn't try to get intimate with you . . . :D

Last day :confused: Why wouldn't you want these things on the FIRST day - I think that would make for a more enjoyable cruise :D

And as long as we're dreaming big; male supermodels giving free massages in the spa, everyone dressing like it's Oscar night on formal night, no chair hogs...

and the ability to view your account on the stateroom TV.

I'm sure we all have a wish list of things we would love on board...after 18 cruises this would be my thing( among others)

If I could just check into my room and have a concierge to call or visit and I can pre arrange my spa apts,Chef's table,Sanctuary space, and ressies at the specialty dining restaurants... I 'd be good to go... and he could bring some champagne with him/her:D

What would you like to see?

CC

NCL offers this to all their suite passengers among many other wonderful suite perks

Can not stand Starbucks coffee. Why change what is working. Many do not like their coffee and wouldn't patronize the coffee establishment if they did. Sorry but they need to please the majority of cruisers not jsut one. I like the coffee at the IC the way it is now.

I think there is way more than 1 cruiser that likes Starbucks.

I would also love to see onscreen accounts and onscreen photos. This is a software thing and if they wanted to do it they would invest in it. I have mentioned both of these on my survey on our last 2 cruises.

I would also like to see serve your self lemonade, orange juice etc in the buffet. On our last cruise by the time someone came and asked if we wanted something, we were done eating :(

I would also love to see onscreen accounts and onscreen photos. This is a software thing and if they wanted to do it they would invest in it. I have mentioned both of these on my survey on our last 2 cruises.

Why would Princess want anyone to keep a close track of their spending? Making a person go to the desk increases on board revenue much more.

Also posting photo's on the board is a more aggressive way of selling than seeing them on a screen, even with what seems like a big waste or paper & ink.

Why would Princess want anyone to keep a close track of their spending? Making a person go to the desk increases on board revenue much more.

This is exactly what we've been told by ship's officers. I think the truth lies closer to this than to the high cost of implementation. It's mostly software...develop it for one ship and you have it for all of them. That's why I'm not holding out much hope for seeing account balances on TV. I would, however, love to see the menus, even if I had to stand right in front of the TV to read them (like with the onscreen TV guide).

So many smaller companies than Princess have their own in-house software developers...

I had previously said I wish they would update their POS system....

I got home Sunday and on Monday noticed 2- 28$ charged in the evening for a dining room I had not been in.....asked my husband...he had no clue...Called Princess....they had not gotten the folios yet...

Went to sleep...

Woke up..suddenly remembered...I bought a cookbook during the galley tour for a gift and then a second book later that evening in the dining room we were in....2- 28$ charged...

but if they upgraded their software,,if might have said a dining room/book...and I never would have had any question.

Yes- I am spoiled by the many advances in itemized receipts in the stores in USA.

bernadette

This is exactly what we've been told by ship's officers. I think the truth lies closer to this than to the high cost of implementation. It's mostly software...develop it for one ship and you have it for all of them. That's why I'm not holding out much hope for seeing account balances on TV. I would, however, love to see the menus, even if I had to stand right in front of the TV to read them (like with the onscreen TV guide).

If they can dedicate a channel to a camera doing nothing more than pointed forward during the whole cruise showing the horizon they surely can post a copy of the menu's every so often.

If they can dedicate a channel to a camera doing nothing more than pointed forward during the whole cruise showing the horizon they surely can post a copy of the menu's every so often.

At the very least, they could send a waiter out there once a day to hold up in front of the camera a copy of that night's menu.

At the very least, they could send a waiter out there once a day to hold up in front of the camera a copy of that night's menu.

ROFL... :p Now I gotta find something to clean my monitor... thanks for the laugh! :D

Archived