What I would love on board

curiouscat

I'm sure we all have a wish list of things we would love on board...after 18 cruises this would be my thing( among others)

If I could just check into my room and have a concierge to call or visit and I can pre arrange my spa apts,Chef's table,Sanctuary space, and ressies at the specialty dining restaurants... I 'd be good to go... and he could bring some champagne with him/her:D

What would you like to see?

CC

That sounds wonderful! Book a suite on Celebrity with a butler and those are exactly the sorts of things he does. Even the champagne.

I would just like to be able to see the menus (breakfast, lunch snd dinner) for each day on the cabin TV. There are a lot of times we've trekked down to Deck 6 only to see the menus before making a decision about where to dine.

The ability to check your account without having to go to the Passenger Services desk. I wish Princess would let your check your account from your cabin.

My ship board account on the TV as well.
Unlikely to happen, at least in the near future. It costs a LOT of money to install and maintain this type of system and the cruiselines that have this feature make up the difference by offering PPV "adult" entertainment on the TV. Princess is unlikely to offer this sort of programming. Several ships have a monitor, card scanner and printer at the Purser's Desk where you don't have to wait in line to get a copy of your folio.

I would just like to see the rules that Princess already has in place, followed. For example, the not saving of lounge chairs, only smoking on one side of the ship in open public areas, to kindly ask those that choose not to follow dress code in the main dining room to seek dinner elsewhere, etc...

I would like some type of re-cycle bin in our cabins for all of the paper we receive. I know some of us take some of the Patters home---but there is so much waste. I also wish Princess had a better system regarding tendering. On our last cruise (Canada/New England) we had two ports where we tendered. The first port was great with tendering; the second port (Newport) was not. We had to wait over 30 minutes in a crowded dining room. I would also like a preview in the first patter of which night/time of the scheduled entertainment as well as a dining preview of the next day's meals in the daily patters. Now, let's HOPE Princess listens:).

I'm sure we all have a wish list of things we would love on board...after 18 cruises this would be my thing( among others)

If I could just check into my room and have a concierge to call or visit and I can pre arrange my spa apts,Chef's table,Sanctuary space, and ressies at the specialty dining restaurants... I 'd be good to go... and he could bring some champagne with him/her:D

What would you like to see?

CC

I would love to have a special gangway for Platinum, Elite & Suite passengers to board at every port, not just on embarcation day. Nothing worse than returning from a long hot excursion and having to wait in a giant line to reboard. This would be a perk that would cost Princess nothing.

The comfortable bed I have at home :D

See you on the water,

Rex

I would even settle for them just providing a memory foam mattress topper. That way those that enjoy firm beds would have their wish, and those of us that don't would also be comfortable.

The foam mattress toppers they provide now (especially these new ones they switched to), IMHO are totally worthless.

All upgrades to a cruiseship cost a alot money... But this is a wish list item !!!
Some more than others. At about $1M/ship, the demand would have to be pretty darned high and other than an occasional wish here on CC, I've never heard anyone asking about or bemoaning the lack while onboard the ship.

I would love to have a special gangway for Platinum, Elite & Suite passengers to board at every port, not just on embarcation day. Nothing worse than returning from a long hot excursion and having to wait in a giant line to reboard. This would be a perk that would cost Princess nothing.
Good suggestion.

FYI, I hate the mattresses on HAL. I put up with them but I get a sciatica flare up every time on a HAL cruise. Way too soft without much support. I would much rather have the Princess mattresses. This is a matter of personal preference but I sure hope Princess doesn't get those awful mattresses.

Priority tender lines for the return trip to the ship as well as when you disembark the ship. Another freebie for Princess to implement. :)

I'll chime in on two that have already been mentioned. I'm not a big enviornmentalist, but the last few cruises I have cringed at the amount of paper that ends up in the trash. I think this is something all the cruise lines could do to help the environment.

Also, if you rules in place, please enforce them. From kids in the adult pool to the dining room attire. For those who say, "it's my vacation I'll do what I want", these rules are not a surprise when you board the ship, or even when you book the cruise. On a recent cruise a young man was asked to leave the dining room at lunch because he showed up in his bathrobe. He was appalled that he was asked to leave after another passenger complained. I want to know how he got seated in the first place? Even my 17-year old knows what to pack, and he does it these days on his own. Granted, he may be back in gym shorts and t-shirt shortly after dinner, but he follows the rules for the dining room or chooses an alternative way to find his dinner.

Unlikely to happen, at least in the near future. It costs a LOT of money to install and maintain this type of system and the cruiselines that have this feature make up the difference by offering PPV "adult" entertainment on the TV. Princess is unlikely to offer this sort of programming. Several ships have a monitor, card scanner and printer at the Purser's Desk where you don't have to wait in line to get a copy of your folio.

Too bad as it would be nice to be able to access info this way; also if the photos were accessed this way instead of all those prints in the gallery that most likely get dumped in the trash after the cruise. I guess it would be a pipe dream if the photographers had a device that could scan the cabin card of their subjects.

I would like some type of re-cycle bin in our cabins for all of the paper we receive. I know some of us take some of the Patters home---but there is so much waste. I also wish Princess had a better system regarding tendering. On our last cruise (Canada/New England) we had two ports where we tendered. The first port was great with tendering; the second port (Newport) was not. We had to wait over 30 minutes in a crowded dining room. I would also like a preview in the first patter of which night/time of the scheduled entertainment as well as a dining preview of the next day's meals in the daily patters. Now, let's HOPE Princess listens:).

It bothers me too that many of those flyers and other papers will get thrown away. I try to remember to take those papers that we'll toss and bring them up to the pool deck to throw in the paper recycling can.

On my last two cruises, there was info in the first day's Patter about what's going to happen on what day (formal dinners, some entertainment).

I was reading a review on another cruising site about the Oasis, and they have screens all over that give basic info about the activities happening that day and also has a diagram that you can view (with a touch) that shows all the dining venues and even if there's available seating. Just wouldn't want to go on a ship that big no matter what the features, though.

Not sure why people think that paper and plastic isn't recycled on Princess because it is. So, you can all rest easy on that score. Your steward does the recycling after emptying all baskets in your cabin. Something learned from the Ultimate Ship's Tour.

Carnival does this. I don't remember PPV "adult" entertainment, but I wasn't looking for it, either...

I'm not Platinum yet but have to think that with so many Platinum and Elite members, the lines could actually be longer! Be careful what you ask for !:D

I say it all the time, but darn it, I mean it -- decent hair dryers!!!!

And as long as we're in the realm of fantasy, I would be very pleased to see the IC specialty coffee replaced with a Starbucks franchise (not the food, just the coffee/tea drinks). I enjoy my afternoon mochas onboard but they really don't taste nearly as good as Starbucks. Of course, enjoying it on the Promenade Deck gazing out at the sea makes up for a lot of that.

Ooh, and more chairs/loungers on the Promenade Deck! That'd be very nice.

I'm not Platinum yet but have to think that with so many Platinum and Elite members, the lines could actually be longer! Be careful what you ask for !:D

Well if it is longer you can just go in the regular line! I sincerely doubt the PES line would ever be longer. Don't be jealous, you will want it too when you reach Platinum status. :)

Archived