OBC credit for CCL share ownership

cruz chic

I've been waiting for confirmation of my OBC for my CCL ownership. Usually it takes a few days for confirmation. I've sent 2 emails over the last 10 days and I've heard nothing. Has anyone else (that sends their proof of ownership in by email) noticed that it's really slow?

I've been waiting for confirmation of my OBC for my CCL ownership. Usually it takes a few days for confirmation. I've sent 2 emails over the last 10 days and I've heard nothing. Has anyone else (that sends their proof of ownership in by email) noticed that it's really slow?

If you are working with a TA (even an on-line TA) give them a call and have them follow up for you. I sent my docs to my TA and she sent them on to HAL. It took almost three weeks to get confirmation of the OBC being credited to my account even though they thought it would be 48-72 hours.

If you are NOT dealing with a TA follow the advice from the Avon Lady

I usually e-mail my request in and ask for a response. The first time I received a response, but since then I haven't. The OBC is always listed on our billing.

So I wouldn't concern yourself about whether they respond. You might want to get with the front desk when you get on board to make sure they have recorded it. If for some reason they haven't, you have the whole cruise to resolve the issue.

I suspect the reason they don't respond is they have so many OBC's to process.

I usually e-mail my request in and ask for a response. The first time I received a response, but since then I haven't. The OBC is always listed on our billing.

So I wouldn't concern yourself about whether they respond. You might want to get with the front desk when you get on board to make sure they have recorded it. If for some reason they haven't, you have the whole cruise to resolve the issue.

I suspect the reason they don't respond is they have so many OBC's to process.

I did ask for confirmation...and I've always gotten it. There's no way I'll wait until I'm board to see if it's there because I don't want to have to bring all my proof and then have them tell me they can't do it. I have a very stressful job and I need to get away from it all on a cruise. No way will I fight to get it once on the ship. I'm sure they do have a lot of OBC's to process but I think 10 days is an acceptable time for them to confirm. Either way, a phone call appears to be in order.

I would never wait until I was on the ship -- the front desk can not make that request for you once the ship sails. They have to have a copy as proof as they don't have those kinds of trcords on board the ship.

I would call the TA right away.

Our TA takes care of all that stuff for us when she makes our final payment. Then sends us a copy of the confirmation. I make extra copies. One time we had a heck of a time getting our shipboard credits -- I just gave the concierge a copy and let her work on it.

Thanks KK. I need to get in touch with my TA or phone HAL. I just made final payment last week so maybe that's the problem. Usually I wait a while after final payment. I can't get a straight answer from HAL about whether final payment needs to be made before they credit you.

Thanks KK. I need to get in touch with my TA or phone HAL. I just made final payment last week so maybe that's the problem. Usually I wait a while after final payment. I can't get a straight answer from HAL about whether final payment needs to be made before they credit you.

Did you send in your CCL Stock informatin before you made final payment? If you did they throw it out, they will not apply it before final is made even if you only owe a few hundred dollars. You will definitely need to resend in. I have found that you should wait at least a day or two after final is made then email in the information. My last two were credited the very next morning after I sent the email, I received emails both times but just a new booking confirmation not saying why they sent them but of course I knew and saw the added ship board credit. I will be making final payment today for my Hawaii cruise and on Monday will email them my CCL stock information. I am sure it will be credited on Tuesday morning :)

I sent to Princess and HAL at the same time (2-3 weeks ago) when I bought the shares. Princess phoned and emailed me back within a few days with confirmation.

Nothing yet from HAL. -----just see the post where it has to be after final payment----- I will redo after that. Thanks!-----

Neither booking has anything showing on my personalizer though. It would be listed there, correct?

I have always received my confirmation via email within 1-2 days including one just about two weeks ago. And final payment need not be made when you submit the credit request. They can apply the credit and if you cancel the trip there is no issue of credit as there is no cruise.

I am sure your TA can help or another email might be an idea.

Did you send in your CCL Stock informatin before you made final payment? If you did they throw it out, they will not apply it before final is made even if you only owe a few hundred dollars. You will definitely need to resend in. I have found that you should wait at least a day or two after final is made then email in the information. My last two were credited the very next morning after I sent the email, I received emails both times but just a new booking confirmation not saying why they sent them but of course I knew and saw the added ship board credit. I will be making final payment today for my Hawaii cruise and on Monday will email them my CCL stock information. I am sure it will be credited on Tuesday morning :)

I think I sent the first email before final payment but they should have rec'd (payment)it by now. I sent it again yesterday. Are you saying final payment has to be made for sure? I've asked many times....even the PCC and have never gotten a straight answer. I know that hard to believe with HAL:D.

I just faxed my documents for the 100 share CCL OBC today to World Cruise Reservations. I'll keep you posted about the status getting our confirmation. I bought it at $37.80 -- that status maybe not. :o (Currently $34.82)

I have spoke to HAL several times recently and each and every time they have told me that they will NOT apply the CCL Stock credit till final has been paid.

I was trying to locate the email I had that stated they will no longer apply the stock credit before final payment. What had happened I had both my NA cruise in March then the Westerdam Alaska cruise in May. Final for the March cruise was the very end of December so I sent in a letter requesting to apply to both cruises. I received notification the next day stating I received the Ship Board Credit for the March cruise but nothing for the May cruise. I waited a couple of days then emailed them and that is when they replied that they do NOT apply the credit till after final and to please resubmit the current stock information at the time of Final.

OK...now I'm irritated:mad:! Just got off the phone with HAL because I prefer not to wait to hear back from my TA. They told me they applied the OBC on July 5th which was the date of my original email. I didn't make final paymnet until the 7th. Why can't they reply? Is it that difficult to hit the reply button on an email rather then get several emails from people? I've also emailed my TA to see if she got the info and didn't pass it on:rolleyes:. She's out of the office until tomorrow.

Thought I would report back in about my CCL credit. Yesterday I paid off our Oosterdam Hawaii cruise. About 2:30pm PDT yesterday afternoon I emailed to the World Cruise Desk my request for the ship board credit. This morning at 6:32am the email came in showing we now had $250.00 more Ship Board Credit :D Got to love that between Future Cruise deposit for a 2 week cruise and CCL stock credit we have $400 in SBC. Too bad I could not spring for Suite but this large balcony VA facing the aft on deck 5 will be just fine;)

So I would say they apply it pretty darn fast when the cruise is paid in full and they have everything they need to apply the credit since it was only a 16 hour turn around time.

Archived