Two small or one big????

A friend of mine and I booked a cruise on the Serenade of the Sea for January. We got a D-1 room, superior ocean view w/ balcony. Now - we have two friends that have decided they want to join us, for all of you that have cruised before, would it be better for us to just get another D-1 room or get one big suite??? It looks to be about the same price. This is a "Girls Vacations", husbands at home..... :eek: Any help would be great..... Thanks...........................

We are booked in a GS for the oasis next year with four and I asked the same question yesterday. Think of the suite perks! I'm guessing your ship has a concierge lounge, right? Advice given to me was to go to the lounge for free cocktails and appetizers while others were getting ready! Maybe the perks of the suites are not that important on the Serenade as they are on the more crowded ships. More frequent cruisers may be able to answer that, tho! Have fun, I hear it's a great ship!

I agree with all the previous posters. This one is a no-brainer. 2 cabins.

You can get connecting D1's and when you leave the connecting door open, it will be like having a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. Minus the suite perks :rolleyes:

A friend of mine and I booked a cruise on the Serenade of the Sea for January. We got a D-1 room, superior ocean view w/ balcony. Now - we have two friends that have decided they want to join us, for all of you that have cruised before, would it be better for us to just get another D-1 room or get one big suite??? It looks to be about the same price. This is a "Girls Vacations", husbands at home..... :eek: Any help would be great..... Thanks...........................

You will need that extra bathroom that the second cabin would give you. Sailed with DD, DGS, and DH in an Owners Suite - the cabin was huge but only one bathroom. NEVER AGAIN!

You may not even be ALLOWED to put more into your cabin....if you don't book the correct amount of folks from the "get go", they don't always allow it. And I would NEVER, EVER put 4 in a cabin...let them get their own room. Cabins are nowhere near the size of a hotel room...it' s way too tight!

I agree with the 2 cabin idea. Not only will you have 2 bathrooms but also more drawer and closet space. Also the suites have a sofa bed which is where the 2 extra people would have to sleep and it's not as comfortable as the beds.

First vote for one suite :eek:

Its very individual when it comes to the need for two bathrooms for four persons.

My next cruise will be a GS for four persons and that won't be a problem for us. We are not that much in the cabin and as the only male I will be fixing myself quick and head for a bar before dinnertime :)

I also enjoy the perks, such as double points...

Thanks so much for the help.... I'm sure we will just go with the two rooms... I wasnt able to find much info here about the suite "perks" and I guess that is what I was really wondering was if the "perks" and bigger balcony outweighed the one bathroom..... The concensous here is no and I am going with that....:D

I'm sure I'll have more questions - you guys are great......

Just a little follow up.... I have decided to stick with the two rooms, but I did just get a message back from the Cruise Planner (I had left a message for her before I posted here asking the same questions) and she told me that our room could actually fit FIVE!!!!!:eek: Yikes, oh yikes, could you even imagine that????? One bathroom, five women.......... No thanks................

Archived