Rock Wall

Is there an additional charge to use the Rock Wall? This may be a stupid question as there usually are up-charges for everything. I have been on quite a few cruises but never did it. Now I want to, and I'm just curious. Thanks!

Never saw this rock wall. Is it popular? Do people line up for it? It just looks so lame in the pictures, like a kiddy ride.

Every RCCL ship has one......it may be lame if you are used to climbing real rocks and mountains,but to people like me,it is not.......People do indeed line up for it..............there are different routes to take up to the top,from beginner to advanced..

Never saw this rock wall. Is it popular? Do people line up for it? It just looks so lame in the pictures, like a kiddy ride.

It is hardly lame. And parts of it are usually set up to be rather challenging. I usually climb several times per cruise.

Pre-sign your waivers for these events (online) before you set sail. saves a lot of time running around once you arrive.

The last that I knew you could only sign the wavers on line for Oasis and Allure. Has this been extended to other ships as well?

So does Freedom of the Seas! Go ahead and ask me how I know.... Well, since you asked. I signed all my families waivers, easy peasy!:p

Hmmmmmm<i dont see it for my Oct 23rd cruise........just FlowRider lessons.

The last that I knew you could only sign the wavers on line for Oasis and Allure. Has this been extended to other ships as well?

Yes. I have signed my waivers for my cruise on Freedom of the Seas online.

You only need to sign the waiver once. They give you a band, and unless you cut the band off, you don't need to sign another one. You need different waivers for the wall, flow rider and ice skating. I used to cut my bands off for formal nights. They don't look too good with a long dress! So had to go round signing waivers again after that!

I would not want to wear a band around for my cruise, hello odd tan line, why can't they just add it to the Seacard?

That is what they do on Oasis and Allure. On Adventure they punch a hole in your seapass when you first sign a waver and you just have to show the card when you back again. It seems that this is not a standardized process throughout the fleet.

There is no way I would wear a band on my wrist all week.

Because you don't show your seapass when you are going on the flowrider, rock wall or skating rink...the workers just see the band on your wrist and know you are good to go...it is much more simple with the bands for all involved, guests and workers..Especially on the flowrider...My husband could care less about wearing a band on his wrist all week, afterall he wears a Juvenile Diabetes band everyday...

We are horrible at "time management" on a cruise (LOL). We only seemed to find available time when things were not open. We did find the rock wall available, but it was honestly so hot and the idea of adding socks, shoes and a helmet, and sweating....well, we opted for more time in the water. This was our own fault...we become "loungers" in spite of our desires. It definetely doesn't look lame. I'm sorry that we once again, missed out :(.

Archived