RCI to start deployement plans for next year!

I just read a blog by Adam Goldstein, and in it he talked about there plans for starting their deployment process for next year. The link to the blog is here: http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=3988. My maine question to everybody else is, where would you most like to see a ship?? Possibly where one isnt, or hasnt been for a while. I would personally like to see a ship back in LA, but thats just me :)

I just read a blog by Adam Goldstein, and in it he talked about there plans for starting their deployment process for next year. The link to the blog is here: http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=3988. My maine question to everybody else is, where would you most like to see a ship?? Possibly where one isnt, or hasnt been for a while. I would personally like to see a ship back in LA, but thats just me :)

Unfortunately until there are a lot more of you and there is a better chance that they can operate profitably out of LA, it isn't going to happen. I think the phrase: "once bitten, twice shy" applies. However there is no harm in voicing your opinion. When there is enough enthusiasm for a particular port or itinerary the lines will eventually listen, but it is important to be realistic and recognize that there are a lot of variables that go into making deployment decisions. At this point, I suspect that next year's deployments are pretty well advanced and what is happening now is simply finalizing all of the details. With twenty two ships to schedule, it is a bit of a daunting task and the end results rarely satisfy everyone.

I would love to see one leave out of NC or SC. (especially summer to fall)We spend more in traveling than some of our cruises cost and I would love to put more of my budget towards the actual cruise! :D Im sure RCCL wouldnt mind having the gas company's or Southwest's share ;)

Philadelphia, PA. While I dont mind flying down to Miami it would be so easier for me to catch a cab to Philly and get on a cruise ship and sail away......I know wishful thinking :D

I would love to see a full-time ship out of Galveston.

I think Galveston is an up-and-coming port. The Carnival Magic is coming in full-time and later there will be a Disney ship and Princess ship part-time.

Galveston has been pretty dead for awhile, but I think cruise lines are becoming aware of the big market here!

I would also like to see a ship back in LA doing diverse itineraries, Mexico, Hawaii, Pacific Northwest, and Central America. Also would like to see them return to the 3/4 day market.

Philadelphia, PA. While I dont mind flying down to Miami it would be so easier for me to catch a cab to Philly and get on a cruise ship and sail away......I know wishful thinking :D

While a ship out of philly would be really nice, have you ever tried going out of Bayonne? We live in the NE suburbs of the city and it took us about 1 1/2 hours to drive there.

Would love to see a ship permenantly here on the WEST COAST also!

Possibly, LA to Panama Canal region. Or what about a cruise from LA to Santiago, Chile on a regular basis, with lots of other stops along the way? It may need to be a 10 day cruise, but thats okay..:)

Another itinerary could be a one way cruise all the way from Alaska to South America...stopping in Canada, Seattle, LA, etc thru Mexico, Panama, Peru and other Central & South. American ports....Wouldn't that be glorious? :D ......28 days at sea on THE Pacific Coastal????!!! and then turn around and do the trip in reverse.........I can dream can't I?:p

Don't care where it's based - but an itinerary could include San Diego, Los Angeles (with a long day or an overnight to do Disneyland, Hollywood, museums, etc.), Catalina, San Francisco (another overnight to do winetours into Napa and Sonoma valleys), and Seattle - with either Ensenada or Vancouver thrown in at one end to satisfy the need for a foreign port. There's also Astoria, though we weren't too impressed with it as a port. There are plenty of paying passengers on the West Coast, the problem lately has largely been that many people don't want to go to Mexico with all the problems they've been having.

I would love to see them bring back the cruise to Hawaii that starts and ends in San Diego. We did it once before they discontinued it and loved it! Even though we had to fly from MN to CA, it was much better than flying all the way to Hawaii. Plus we loved having a few sea days at the beginning and end; very relaxing.

I'm excited to see Voyager moving to Asia. While the 2013 Asia schedule is not out yet (apparently coming out in August), I am certainly curious to see what Voyager will be doing. There is talk about it being based in Shanghai or Singapore.

The transition cruise from New Orleans, through the Med and the Suez Canal, around India, and to Singapore looks interesting too... need to win the lottery.

Would really love to see a ship sail out of Cleveland. It could make stops in Detroit, Chicago, maybe even Toledo. Who needs the Caribbean? It has hurricanes. Isn't everyone tired of laying in the sun?:rolleyes:

I'd like to see longer holiday cruises that cover both Christmas and New Years...got a GREAT deal for that on Serenade last year (very last minute, but well....)

A Freedom class ship in Bayonne would be swell too......they fit..they've been there before!!

Archived