RCI to start deployement plans for next year!

While a ship out of philly would be really nice, have you ever tried going out of Bayonne? We live in the NE suburbs of the city and it took us about 1 1/2 hours to drive there.

No Ive never thought about doing that I will have to look into that thanks for the info.

I would love to see one leave out of NC or SC. (especially summer to fall)We spend more in traveling than some of our cruises cost and I would love to put more of my budget towards the actual cruise! :D Im sure RCCL wouldnt mind having the gas company's or Southwest's share ;)

I agree on this too. That would make it so much easier to get to a port. Imagine just driving a few hours. Carnival even has a ship in Charleston. Thats only 4 hours away for us. Wish Royal would put a cruise ship there too.

Would really love to see a ship sail out of Cleveland. It could make stops in Detroit, Chicago, maybe even Toledo. Who needs the Caribbean? It has hurricanes. Isn't everyone tired of laying in the sun?:rolleyes:

I know of one small cruise company that handles these types of itineraries but It would be awesome if one of the big lines did a great lakes itinerary....the lakes are definitely big enough to handle the ships with many freighters going 800-1000 feet in length. Itineraries could include Chicago, Mackinac Island, Sault St. Marie, Detroit, Toronto etc...The Great Lakes Waterway would also allow smaller cruise ships to go all the way to Montreal and Quebec City on the way out to sea. Not an obvious choice for destinations but especially places in Lake Michigan and Huron like Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island are great little harbor towns with a lot to do and beautiful coastlines. I feel the flames already

Would really love to see a ship sail out of Cleveland. It could make stops in Detroit, Chicago, maybe even Toledo. Who needs the Caribbean? It has hurricanes. Isn't everyone tired of laying in the sun?:rolleyes:

No way. It should leave Chicago and stop in Cleveland and the other stops.

RCI (and other cruise lines too for that matter) really need to spruce up their Eastern Caribbean itineraries. Sure, I can chose one on the Allure or Oasis for a scandalous amount of money but its time they had some smaller ships like the Radiance or the Jewel doing some nice 7 day eastern itineraries out of Miami or FLL. The nicest cruise I've ever been on was an 8 day Eastern on the Radiance. Beautiful ship, fantastic itinerary - it was a real treat.

Also would love a Freedom class out of Bayonne! Would like to see Southern Caribbean-Aruba, Curacao,Barbados,etc. out of Bayonne or Fla. Too expensive to fly to San Juan!!! Definitely would like to see more 7 nights to Bermuda out of Bayonne for Sept/Oct!! Two overnights in Bermuda would be awesome in the fall!!! Feel free to move the Enchantment out of Baltimore, replace it with a ship that can accomadate the number of passengers that like to sail out of this port, in this port, "stretched" is not working!

I was thinking of a Buffalo Homeport, with a similar itinnerary!:D

My dream would be to bring back the Mariner to Port Canaveral to do the 3/4 nighters that Monarch does now.

And - I would love more Southern Carribean out of Florida. San Juan is too difficult to fly to.

E-Beth

And PLEASE send the Monarch to Charleston to do year round 3/4 nighters.

Charleston is building a new dock just for cruise ships. Can't RCI be one of them? PLEASE, pretty please with a cherry on top. :D

Erika

Also would love a Freedom class out of Bayonne! Would like to see Southern Caribbean-Aruba, Curacao,Barbados,etc. out of Bayonne or Fla. Too expensive to fly to San Juan!!! Definitely would like to see more 7 nights to Bermuda out of Bayonne for Sept/Oct!! Two overnights in Bermuda would be awesome in the fall!!! Feel free to move the Enchantment out of Baltimore, replace it with a ship that can accomadate the number of passengers that like to sail out of this port, in this port, "stretched" is not working!

Explorer is doing 7 nights to Bermuda in Sept 2012.

Archived