mimi suites

spikecat

We went up to a mini on the Pearl for the PC cruise a few months ago. It was 14 days and the extra space, bigger balcony, and curtain around the bed area made it very worthwhile for us. We had only been balcony rooms before. Yes, it had a tub, although it is a small one. For a longer cruise I thhink a mini is worth it.

+1

For a cruise that long I'd want the extra space and privacy afforded by the mini-suite. The curtain separating the sitting area and the bed is really nice to have. Not to mention the extra storage space and the tub.

The mini suite on the Sun was our first mini! They are unique, much larger than mini suites on the other NCL ships. They have a wonderful bathtub/shower combo and an terrific walk-in closet/vanity.

The balcony is larger and that curtain makes a big difference. DO IT!

We really enjoyed our mini on the Pearl. Seemed roomier than the square footage numbers. (That's better than seeming smaller than you're expecting!) :)

Enjoyed having a tub too. I would recommend the mini for the longer cruise, especially! Not that much more money for more space and storage, a little bigger balcony and a tub.

The mini-suites on the Sun are very different from the Dawn/Pearl/Gem.

They are substantially bigger and have beautiful built-in cabinetry for plenty of storage. The bathrooms are beautiful and the closets are huge.

Definitely worth it, IMO.

And, yes, the ones on the stern are even more unique.

If you'd like to see photos of one of the stern minisuites, here's the link: Sun 0067. Keep in mind that these were taken before the renovation, and I have no idea what they did during the renovation as far as carpet, furniture and linens.

I would book this suite again in a heartbeat. It was MUCH bigger than most of the NCL ships' minisuites -- even bigger/nicer IMO than some of the other ships' penthouse suites.

We are looking at a 22 day cruise on the Sun. Can anyone tell me if the mini suites are worth the extra money and do they have a bath tub. We have only stayed in balcony rooms.

They do have a bath tub and I feel would be worth it especially for a 22 day cruise. We had a forward (first mini-suite on starboard side) on the Sun in Jan., #1204 and loved it. The location on the pool deck was wonderful because it was very close to everything (spa, health club, buffet, forward restaurants, pool) and was very quiet at night.

Suite on Sun Feb. 2006 (forward) was great, large teak wood balcony, very nice bathroom set up with small tub, plenty of closet space, worth price for a good size cabin! Separate space with "dressing table and mirror" outside bathroom area. On Pool Deck, but you do have to walk outside to the buffet, or at least we did, maybe things have changed, just remember it because we had alot of rain for two days and remember my feet getting wet, but this could be my lack of memory, anyway, this was our first mini suite and we loved it!

Like the others have said, the mini suites on the Sun are differerent from minis on the rest of NCL's fleet. They are wonderful. Love the bathroom/closet/dressing area. Great location also. We had one (#1209) for 14 nights on a South american cruise two years ago. Three of us in one cabin and it was extremely comfortable. Spa and gym were steps away as well as the pools.

Archived