The Champagne Pour

janacin

You are so right. I hadn't been on a cruise for a couple of years and then last year saw those LED lights. Very lame.

It maybe a fire regulation thing. We were on Grandure of the Seas a number of years ago and one of the baked alaska set off the sprinkler system. Never realized what force that comes out with. We were on the second level (thank God) and were able to see the people on the first level get soaked. One waiter tried to stop it with a napkin - yeah like that was going to work. Our next RCCL cruise did not have the flaming baked alaska.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what Princess could substitute for the much heralded "Champagne Pour" on first formal night?

How about one of those sumo wrestling matches? The ones where you wear those sweaty heavy padded costumes?

How about one of those sumo wrestling matches? The ones where you wear those sweaty heavy padded costumes?

Yes, Yes! I like this idea as long as they are black & white or covered with sequins so as not to clash with formal night.

You are so right. I hadn't been on a cruise for a couple of years and then last year saw those LED lights. Very lame.

Hi All

Baked Alaska , now its only a shadow of itself it needs to go

or be re invented

yours Shogun

In the anytime dining room it's not even listed as Baked Alaska. They give it a different name which I can't remember but when I asked the waiter he confirmed that it was Baked Alaska. It doesn't even taste the same as it did years ago.

I just received the newly reduced holiday fare brochure and on the front cover is a picture of a woman participating in the Champagne waterfall. I am not a fan of whatever brand of sparkling wine they serve but it is complementary.

Hi Ibrasu :) I can't imagine the stuff at the 'waterfall' would be very nice after sitting around in pre-poured glasses for a while.

Princess does not serve the 'champagne' that is used in creating the waterfall to their passengers - you'll also notice that it has food coloring added. Maybe the same kind, but not that has been used.

Princess does not serve the 'champagne' that is used in creating the waterfall to their passengers - you'll also notice that it has food coloring added. Maybe the same kind, but not that has been used.

The food coloring is not added to the Champagne. Whatever it is put into the glasses before the Champagne is poured to make the liquid more visible. Also means that less Champagne needs to be poured to make all the glasses full.

• 4 years later...
they set up a table in the atrium/Piazza area and build a tower of champagne glasses. Then the Maitre'd takes passengers to the top of a set of stairs and helps them to pour cheap sparkling wine so that it cascades down the glasses - just like a waterfall.

Anyone can have a go, and of course your picture will be taken so that you can buy a memento of the event.

do you have to sign up to do this or you just go find a line?

It maybe a fire regulation thing. We were on Grandure of the Seas a number of years ago and one of the baked alaska set off the sprinkler system. Never realized what force that comes out with. We were on the second level (thank God) and were able to see the people on the first level get soaked. One waiter tried to stop it with a napkin - yeah like that was going to work. Our next RCCL cruise did not have the flaming baked alaska.

Funny we were,on that same cruise and talk about it quite often. We were glad to be on the upper level of the DR and were able to observe the whole thing

Not sure what happened here I was quoting and then comment but all thst showed up was the quote. Didn't mean to steal your comment.

What I had said was we were on that same cruise and talk about it often. Glad we were on the second level of the DR and were able to see everything