Need a Hotel in Ft Lauderdale

Does anyone have suggestions for a reasonable hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that would be near the port? We are flying in from AZ 2 days before the cruise but arrive late. We would want shuttle service from airport to hotel, and from hotel to cruise port. We won't have a car so would like to be near shopping and restaurants for the one full day before the cruise. Checked on the Hilton Marina area and they tell me to get a cab! Can't believe a Hilton does not provide shuttle service.:confused: Thanks for any help!

Does anyone have suggestions for a reasonable hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that would be near the port? We are flying in from AZ 2 days before the cruise but arrive late. We would want shuttle service from airport to hotel, and from hotel to cruise port. We won't have a car so would like to be near shopping and restaurants for the one full day before the cruise. Checked on the Hilton Marina area and they tell me to get a cab! Can't believe a Hilton does not provide shuttle service.:confused: Thanks for any help!

A taxi from that hotel to Port Everglades costs under $10.

If you are looking for a hotel with shuttle service from the airport to the hotel I don't think you will find it considering it almost an hour away. Rental cars in FL are cheap, we rent a car at the airport, drive to hotel, use it next day and return the next morning and get a shuttle from the rental car place to the ship...

We've always stayed at the Embassy Suites near the port. It's reasonably priced, close to stores (for last-minute shopping), and you can get a room with a view of the cruise docks. If you get up early on embarkation day, you can go out on your balcony and see your ship sailing in! :cool:

If I recall correctly, this particular ES does have a lo-cost shuttle to the port but you have to get there from the airport by taxi. Don't recall the price, but it's not far -- so the cost wasn't too bad. ;)

We are staying at La Quinta in Hollywood, just a couple of miles from the airport and cruiseport. They have a shuttle for both. AARP rate, $125.10 plus tax. We stayed there before and were pleased enough to go back in January.

If you are looking for a hotel with shuttle service from the airport to the hotel I don't think you will find it considering it almost an hour away. Rental cars in FL are cheap, we rent a car at the airport, drive to hotel, use it next day and return the next morning and get a shuttle from the rental car place to the ship...

You might be thinking of Orlando to Port Canaveral. Ft. Lauderdale is only about 2 miles from the airport to the port, with most of the hotels very nearby.

You might be thinking of Orlando to Port Canaveral. Ft. Lauderdale is only about 2 miles from the airport to the port, with most of the hotels very nearby.

That is what I said...from the airport to the hotel...that would be from Orlando to Port Canaveral. We have stayed in Port Canaveral quite a few times...I just wanted to let poster know she will probably not find anything that offers a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the port shouldn't be a problem at all...although I have seen people make reservations for the shuttles and come morning everyone is pushing to get on first and ppl that didn't make a reservation get on and then you have to wait...MUCH easier to call a cab...

That is what I said...from the airport to the hotel...that would be from Orlando to Port Canaveral. We have stayed in Port Canaveral quite a few times...I just wanted to let poster know she will probably not find anything that offers a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the port shouldn't be a problem at all...although I have seen people make reservations for the shuttles and come morning everyone is pushing to get on first and ppl that didn't make a reservation get on and then you have to wait...MUCH easier to call a cab...

The OP clearly stated flying into Fort Lauderdale ... no mention at all of Orlando or Port Canaveral.

Do not worry about shuttles; taxis are cheap, fast and readily available. You'll end up spending way more money if you only focus on hotels with a shuttle. Use a site like Priceline or Hotwire to book your hotel and you can obtain a great hotel on the cheap. That is what I always do in Ft. Lauderdale. Use a site like Better Bidding to research before booking via Priceline or Hotwire.

For the past couple of years we've stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania ... shuttle airport/hotel and hotel/pier. Well-run shuttle.Staff friendly and accommodating, and free breakfast in the A.M.

Walgreens drugstore next door and a strip mallette across the street with a Publix grocery and a couple of places to eat, Italian and Mexican and maybe something else.

Beach about a mile and a half away ... easy walk along a main route, unless it's really hot outside.

The OP clearly stated flying into Fort Lauderdale ... no mention at all of Orlando or Port Canaveral.

Oh, guess what he wrote threw me off a bit about the Orlando to Port Canaveral thing...guess I have been to so many terminals that I am confusing them...guess I was having a blonde moment!:confused:

AZ, when we fly into Ft. Lauderdale we just take a cab and stay at the W, we then take a cab to the port in the AM...sometimes this is much easier than a shuttle, you don't have to wait for anyone you just get in and go...great location, plenty of things to walk to, although if you want a GREAT dinner take a cab to a place called YOLO...OUTSTANDING! The chocolate chip bread pudding is to die for and the meatball sliders with the arugala and ricotta are insane! Also have great drinks!

The Holiday Inn Express on SR-84 and also the one on 17th street provide a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and to the pier. It was no cost in 2007. The hotel was clean and provided a small continental breakfast.

I use trip advisor to help me decide, the nice Fll hotels were approx 135-200/nt. I had decided on the hilton then when I went to book a room through hiltons site it showed a partner hotel=Homewood suites. I got a king size full suite with kitchen, hot breakfast, shuttle from airport, free shuttle to area stores for only 100.00 plus tax, great reviews. I did pre-pay for this rate. It is in Dania approx 1 mile from port. Port shuttle is 8pp but I found out taxi is only 13 dollars. Hope this helps;)

thanks again everyone for all the great advice. You'd think that since I use to live in FLL, I'd know. But that was over 20 years ago and I can hardly remember what I had for dinner last night:D Another dumb blonde moment for me too. Hope to see you all cruising sometime.

In November we ask the bellboy to get us a taxi. He asked whee we were going and I said to the cruise port. He suggested we use their shuttle ($7) which was maybe $3 or $4 more than a taxi but he said if their was traffic, we could be stuck in line and the taxi fare would continue to climb. There wasn't any traffic and we made it in no time.

Anyone ever get stuck in traffic going in??

Archived