anyone else disappointed with Michael's club changes?

39august

On the contrary, I am very excited about this change!

It's about time Celebrity got a decent microbrew venue on board. The old piano-bar-theme of Michaels always seemed a little dated to me.

Add me to the excited list!! I just wish that the Equinox was going to have this when I'm on her in a month!! My liver, on the other hand, is probably happy... :p

I am very excited for the new concept for Michael's Club. I definitely will be spending some time there on my upcoming Silhouette cruise, whereas on my prior cruises I never spent time at that venue unless it was for a scheduled activity I was attending.

I am very excited for the new concept for Michael's Club. I definitely will be spending some time there on my upcoming Silhouette cruise, whereas on my prior cruises I never spent time at that venue unless it was for a scheduled activity I was attending.

I'm hoping you'll compile a list of beers available (with prices) after your September cruise - this way, we can prioritize our drinking prior to our Oct. 22 TA :)! JK, of course, but a nice synopsis would be much appreciated!

I'm hoping you'll compile a list of beers available (with prices) after your September cruise - this way, we can prioritize our drinking prior to our Oct. 22 TA :)! JK, of course, but a nice synopsis would be much appreciated!

I'll try to remember to take a picture of the list of beers. I will also sample some for you. :)

I did like Michael's club the way it was - a nice place to relax and have a quiet drink.

That said, Michael's club was never very crowded, most of the time the piano player was not very good, and the shape of it in the S-class was not very good.

I will definitly check out the new Michael's on my next cruise in 2012.

Maybe they could change Cellar Master's into a quiet bar.

If this will be a beer bar/lounge, where will the Elite continental breakfast be? We thought Michael's Club was a lovely space, but as others have pointed out, underused. We enjoy the speciality coffee offered every morning and got our "fix" there. Hope they don't do away with this wonderful perk. We are not drinkers, so this won't appeal to us, but we do think it's a great idea for those folks who enjoy a good beer.

Can't wait until Nov 30.

Jennie

One of my favorite experiences on my Constellation cruise in June was Michael's club with Richard Rubin at the piano. He did "Name that Tune" every evening at 8:15 between the dinner seatings. Lots of FUN!!! The place was packed and many stayed after for his regular music.

I don't drink beer, so would not be interested in a microbrewery. I would go for the music game. About to book a S. Carib on Summit for next and would love the music game again.

Maybe there will be a Celebrity Micro Brew

.................Frank:)

A beer brewing class would actually be a good idea for Celebrity to offer. While the beer would not be ready to consume by the end of the cruise, the beer would be ready to be bottled on longer cruises if the brewing occurred early in the cruise. That would be a fun activity for them to hold.

A beer brewing class would actually be a good idea for Celebrity to offer. While the beer would not be ready to consume by the end of the cruise, the beer would be ready to be bottled on longer cruises if the brewing occurred early in the cruise. That would be a fun activity for them to hold.

Could take the bottles home! :)

Wow! I fully expected to look at this thread and see all kinds of people upset about this change! Quite the opposite though and I agree, especially on the "S" class. I'm looking forward to trying it out on the cruise before Gonzo...we'll try to make sure there are a few beers left!!!!:D

Great idea.my husband teaches 2 beer brewing classes - maybe we could get a free cruise in return for his services!

Great idea.my husband teaches 2 beer brewing classes - maybe we could get a free cruise in return for his services!

You might want to contact Celebrity; maybe they will work out some type of deal with you.

Perry Grant is not for everyones taste but there is no need to say his show lacks entertainment. I don't like some of the performers out there today but to say they are not entertaining is a matter of choice. If I don't like something I respect others decision to choose otherwise.

Perry Grant is not for everyones taste but there is no need to say his show lacks entertainment. I don't like some of the performers out there today but to say they are not entertaining is a matter of choice. If I don't like something I respect others decision to choose otherwise.

I thought we were allowed to post our opinions on this site. Did you take it upon yourself to dictate that we no longer can?

I found his form of 'entertainment' immature and crass. After about twenty minutes giving him a chance to 'entertain' me I got up and started to leave. That's when I became the center of attention and was heckled by this alleged entertainer, who made me the butt of his jokes as I walked out. To be singled out and humiliated just to amuse his audience was a display of poor taste, not entertainment.

I thought we were allowed to post our opinions on this site. Did you take it upon yourself to dictate that we no longer can?

I found his form of 'entertainment' immature and crass. After about twenty minutes giving him a chance to 'entertain' me I got up and started to leave. That's when I became the center of attention and was heckled by this alleged entertainer, who made me the butt of his jokes as I walked out. To be singled out and humiliated just to amuse his audience was a display of poor taste, not entertainment.

He picked on me a couple of times when I got up to use the gents, my responses were very robust and of a jocular nature, so much so that we almost became a double act, the audience loved it.

If this will be a beer bar/lounge, where will the Elite continental breakfast be? We thought Michael's Club was a lovely space, but as others have pointed out, underused. We enjoy the speciality coffee offered every morning and got our "fix" there. Hope they don't do away with this wonderful perk. We are not drinkers, so this won't appeal to us, but we do think it's a great idea for those folks who enjoy a good beer.

Can't wait until Nov 30.

Jennie

I admit to having had a few early morning pints of Guinness, but I don't think they'd be worried about closing (or more to the point, just not opening up early) a bar during breakfast.

Just pondering here...

So wouldn't beer drinkers cruising thru the Caribbean ,sun and fun everywhere, really sit in the dark confines of Michael's Club rather indulging with a bucket of brewskis on the pool deck?:rolleyes:

So you don't think any of the interior bars get used on Caribbean cruises?

Sun goes down at some point. And before then, I doubt they'll keep you from taking a fine beer to whatever other part of the ship you'd rather be at. Without a doubt I'd be glad to walk to get a drinkable beer, rather than some of the options I see posted on current bar menus (or even better, have someone else walk for me!).

I remember when Michaels Club used to be the cigar bar. I really was happy when THAT changed - even the hours when cigars were not allowed it reeked of smoke.

I love the atmosphere, but also agree with those who feel it is very underutilized. I am all for the adding of craft beers, but I just hope the nice atmosphere doesn't change into something like a sports bar (I heard tell of large screen tv's). Now mind you, I love sports bars too, but what I like most about Michael's was how relaxing and classy it was. Would hate to see that part change (and have no interest in watching endless hours of soccer or rugby).

Archived