Upsell fairy called - $740 more for Spa Suite on Splendor

tink24

OK. Need help fast. Is a Spa Suite for $740.00 more worth it? We already have a balcony on the Empress deck. Online you can book the same room for $800.00 more, but they take away our $150.00 OBC. Carnival rep said we can keep our OBC and any pay $740 more (which means we would be saving $210.00 off price listed online. I need to call back soon with answer. What would you do? There are 3 of us in the room - 2 adults and a 5 year old. Thanks!

We sailed in a Spa Balcony in 2009 and actually used the facilities a few times. It's also much easier to convince yourself to work out if the spa is only steps away. I really liked that the rooms are non-smoking. I guess I'm wondering if the extra space and priority check-in and debarkation are worth it. Do you also get priority tendering?

It's up to you, but when we were on the Splendor May 2010 we upgraded from a regular balcony to a Spa balcony for $300 more. Of course it's supply and demand. But thats just to give you an idea. Also, even though we upgraded to the Spa we DID receive the spa benefits. I really enjoyed the Spa cabin and would book again.

OK. Need help fast. Is a Spa Suite for $740.00 more worth it? We already have a balcony on the Empress deck. Online you can book the same room for $800.00 more, but they take away our $150.00 OBC. Carnival rep said we can keep our OBC and any pay $740 more (which means we would be saving $210.00 off price listed online. I need to call back soon with answer. What would you do? There are 3 of us in the room - 2 adults and a 5 year old. Thanks!

If you dont take it you can send them my way. ;) I'm curious how much more they would want to go from a spa balcony to a suite.

Well, against all advice, my husband decided to go ahead and book the Spa Suite. His excuse was that he needs priority debarkation in order to make it home for a Fantasy Football draft that he is hosting at our house the day we get back. Apparently men will do some strange things when football is involved :eek:. I'll let you all know how it was when I get back.

I don't think all the Spa rooms include spa treatments...I was on the SPA deck on Conquest a couple years ago and didn't get anything additional.

That's because you were on a ship that does not have the Cloud 9 Spa cabins.

You were only on a deck that happened to be called Spa Deck. No spa privledges on the ships with no Cloud 9 Spa.

That's because you were on a ship that does not have the Cloud 9 Spa cabins.

You were only on a deck that happened to be called Spa Deck. No spa privledges on the ships with no Cloud 9 Spa.

Never heard of the Cloud 9 spa, what is it?

Op didn't say how long the cruise was, I guess my decision would be influenced by the length of the cruise.

Well, against all advice, my husband decided to go ahead and book the Spa Suite. His excuse was that he needs priority debarkation in order to make it home for a Fantasy Football draft that he is hosting at our house the day we get back. Apparently men will do some strange things when football is involved :eek:. I'll let you all know how it was when I get back.

LOL thats awesome. Have a great cruise!

Archived