Spring Break Cruising

The cruise lines are not responsible for how hard or how little people "party" you can have crazy people on any cruise at any time. The best ships for kids is Carnival, Royal, NCL, Princess. Carnival is going to be the best-value in cost and cabin size.

In my opinion, 7 day spring break cruises are frequented less by the "party animals". The other thing to consider is spring break really encompasses about 6 weeks of time. Just because Idaho State University takes their spring break the 2nd week of March doesn't mean Boise State University takes theirs the same time. Spring Break can run from the end of February until the 1st or 2nd week of April (think Easter). That being said I think it is funner to "people watch" during spring break. You will see things that time of year you normally wouldn't see.

I have a 4 day jewel OTS and needing a hotel March 18th and Im seeing higher prices for hotels.

Something tells me that my weekend cruise is hitting some of the spring breakers and a weekend cruise.. could be crazy.. doesnt matter if its RCL or Carnival, a 4 day weekend cruise near spring break...

I have two families looking for a cruise during spring break (in March). Never cruised Carival before. Can someone tell me if they would or would not cruise Carnival during this time. Not interested in the party scene.

Excited, it sounds like you answered the question yourself, "Not interested in the party scene." I took my first spring break cruise this year with NCL. The kids were drinking early in the morning and throughout the day. Amazingly, they were also, for the most part, very polite and never caused a ruckus. It was interesting to see them obviously excited to dress up for dinner. I'm taking my first Carnival cruise during spring break next year (I've sailed Carnival twice before at other times).

"I have a 4 day jewel OTS and needing a hotel March 18th and Im seeing higher prices for hotels." Fire, I noticed higher prices posted a couple months before my spring break cruise but as I got closer they dropped down to normal prices.

SBreak.jpg

The ladies in this photo don't look like breakers to me but it was during that cruise.

DSCF2326.jpg

These, minus one older dude, were spring breakers at a pub crawl

We will be sailing on our first spring break cruise this next March. We've cruised during Thanksgiving twice and honestly I will never ever ever ever do it again. We have gone to Disney World over Christmas - I will never ever ever do it again.

Am thinking that spring break will be alright. Here's hoping!

I sailed spring break 2010 (6 day) and 2011 (7 day). Third week in March. Going again in 2012 (8 day). With my high schooler and college student. Guess we've been lucky as we have not had any issues with disorderly or rude people.

There are plenty of quiet areas on the ships... and ports typically have quiet beaches available if that is what you're after.

We don't sweat the little things and agree with the enhanced people watching opportunities during these peak times!

Go and enjoy!!

Our college-attending kids happened to have spring break the same week this year. So we took them on a 5 day cruise on Elation. I'm glad we did it, and the other 'breakers', while enjoying themselves, didn't get out of hand. My only complaint was that the smaller Elation was packed with over 2,600 cruisers. I don't think they could wedge another passenger on that ship.

We just cruised this past April during Spreak Break on the Carnival Dream. Like you, I was kinda worried because we had kids with us from 16 down to 7. It was probably too late for most college breaks but lots of elementary, middle and high schools were having breaks during this time. We aren't drinkers or partiers either and thankfully didn't have any issues. Like some others have said, I think there will be issues on every cruise if you look for them...just avoid those areas and you should be fine.

I sailed a 5-day cruise on Elation back in 2007 and it wasn't anything different from when I cruise in June or July. There were some college students, but they never got out of hand or took over the cruise. Many families were on board & seemed to be happy. I wouldn't stress over it at all :) You can have out of hand folks regardless of cruise line or time of the year!

I have two families looking for a cruise during spring break (in March). Never cruised Carival before. Can someone tell me if they would or would not cruise Carnival during this time. Not interested in the party scene.

My wife and I cruised on Conquest during Spring Break this year (early April) and had no problems at all. There were plenty of kids on the ship, but they weren't a problem - they weren't ours. :D

Tim

We have cruised a few times during spring break and only had one problem. It was in the MDR and we were seated next to a table of 10 college girls. They were so loud and rude. The 3rd night they started singing. I grabbed one of them by the arm and in my best mom voice I said, "Knock it off. No one wants to hear you sing. Take it to the Lido deck if you want to act like that." Other diners thanked me and shook my hand. If looks could kill I'd be dead, but they were quiet the rest of the cruise. If they started to get loud, I'd give them the "mom look." :cool:

I see you are leaving the day before I am .. It never occured to me it might be spring break until I started looking at hotel prices.

Yes, I was quite surprised at the hotel prices when I went to book. Several hotels were requiring a two night minimum and it was really hard to get a special (government) rate.

On ever cruise we have been on we have seen people drinking in the morning. We have not had any problems on any spring break cruise weather it was a 3 or 4 day or a 7 or 8 day cruise. There will be kids of all ages on all cruises. A balcony though not completely private will give you time to yourself.

Archived