Breakfast at Sabatinis

bakery

I understand that one of the perks of staying in a suite is that we can have breakfast at Sabatinis. Can anyone tell me if this is complimentary, or is there a charge for it? And what is the breakfast like -- same as in the main dining room?

Totally complimentary for full suites only (mini suites do not qualify). They offer a small menu to choose from, but you can pretty much ask for whatever you would like and they will have it for you, if not today, tomorrow, if they have to bring it in from another kitchen. Nothing like the main dining room at all. Quite, very personal service, and the food is wonderful. Even specialty coffees are complimentary. And mimosas too. :) It is a GREAT perk for full suite guests.

It was fabulous!! Fresh squeezed orange juice, lattes, and anything you want for breakfast. As others said, the actual menu is fairly limited, but they will give you anything on the MDR menu (but made fresh) or you can order something special for the next day. And our waiters remembered what we liked to drink and eat, so our service was very personalized.

It was fabulous!! Fresh squeezed orange juice, lattes, and anything you want for breakfast. As others said, the actual menu is fairly limited, but they will give you anything on the MDR menu (but made fresh) or you can order something special for the next day. And our waiters remembered what we liked to drink and eat, so our service was very personalized.

What kind of tip did you leave if any, we will be on in a few weeks and would like to tip if it is good.

Thanks

Hi All

It is a great way to start a day, very relaxed, food excellant, service outstanding,

however one very big plus is that you get to know your waiters,

they have time to chat you get to know about their family their life onboard

yours Shogun

What kind of tip did you leave if any, we will be on in a few weeks and would like to tip if it is good.

Thanks

I usually give each waiter a $20 at the end of the cruise.There are usually 3 plus the head waiter.

Having experienced this first hand on a Star Spring Transatlantic sailing,

I must say the breakfast in Sabatini's was one of the highlights of each morning. As well as, of our entire cruise.

As stated, the menu is limited.

But, they will accomodate any reasonable request.

The staff is hand-picked and the attentive service is remarkable.

As soon as we entered, the staff was already preparing our usual expresso.

No need to ask.

You do indeed gain a level of 'friendship' with the wait staff.

We learned all their backgrounds.

What I found interesting, was the lack of use of this 'suite' perk.

I can't recall any morning when there were more than 6-8 persons in the restaurant.

The staff was well tipped for the excellence of service.

To my wife and I, the two best perks of a suite are the free laundry service and the Breakfast in Sabatini's:)

Highly, recommended!

Breakfast in Sabatinis (Ruby 2009) was, imho, the best fulll suiite perk offered. I loved starting my day off with a mimoso while watching the wake view. Looking forward to the next time I can afford a suite to once again enjoy this fantastic perk. I balso found it very sparse as far as participants go.

Bob

DH is STILL (a year later) talking about starting his day with a bloody mary each morning on our TA! The staff on the Crown made it just the way he liked (a little spicy). So if the mimosa doesn't strike your fancy, the bloody mary may.

I realize that this is a perk for full suite guests, but many of the Elite perks are also for full suite guests or vice versa. Does anyone know if elite guests are able to eat breakfast at Sabatinis?:)

I realize that this is a perk for full suite guests, but many of the Elite perks are also for full suite guests or vice versa. Does anyone know if elite guests are able to eat breakfast at Sabatinis?:)

No, sorry. The Sabatinis breakfast is for full suites only, Elite members do not receive this perk. I would guess the reason being is that on some cruises, over half the ship are Elite members in the Captain's Circle, and that would make it a madhouse. ;)

I agree the breakfast is my favorite suite perk. Eggs Benedict a bit better than MDR. The french toast was wonderful and love the mimosa to start the day. Also the fruit milk was a nice touch. We gave 20-25 per person at the end of the cruise.

I was amazed how few passengers seemed to be using the perk. I don't believe I ever saw more than 3 tables being used. I realize i am only there part of the morning, but it does seem underused by suite passengers. I'd be interested in finding out what % actually go to breakfast.

Add me to the list with those who say this is their favorite suite perk. I thought the eggs benedict was wonderful. I usually don't care for champagne or orange juise either one, but the mimosas were a great way to start the day. As others posted, only one or two other tables were taken making it very intimate. The head Maitre D was there every morning and the staff and he called us by name from the second day on. Very nice touch.

Prior to our last sailing, we were offered an upgrade from a minisuite to a full suite. After debating whether the extra few hundred bucks was worth it, we decided to take the upgrade, and what a great experience it was! Of all the extras available to full suite customers, my wife believes the Sabatini's breakfast may have been the greatest perk of all. I don't usually eat breakfast, but I did a couple of times and it was great. (I hate the phrase, but I must admit that their yogurt parfait is "to die for".) She, on the other hand, ate breakfast there every morning.

After living the suite life, the saddest thing is that we "only" have a minisuite for our next cruise, although I'll be watching for the email from Princess offering the upgrade again. :)

Not all Sabatini's are created equal. From our experience what was served for breakfast and the manor in which it was served aboard the Emerald Princess was awe-inspiring. Superb! But when it came to the Star Princess, after two days we retreated to the MDR for breakfast. Most disappointing.

Archived