Breakfast at Sabatinis

bakery

We were lucky enough to have been invited to Sabatinis for breakfast one morning. It lived up to the hype.

Your great photos were representative of that served on the Emerald. But the idea of photographing the presentation hadn't dawned upon us when aboard the Star for we could have had visual proof of that disaster. Should we be fortunate enough to again be granted a full suite we will bring along our little camera to breakfast just in case.

Yum! Looking forward to it! Our first suite next cruise!

Generally, what are the hours that Sabitini's is open for breakfast?

We'll be on Ruby.

Thanks

If I remember correctly, breakfast was served in Sabatinis from 730-9:30 on port days, 7:30-10:30 on sea days. I think those were the hours. ;)

Not all Sabatini's are created equal. From our experience what was served for breakfast and the manor in which it was served aboard the Emerald Princess was awe-inspiring. Superb! But when it came to the Star Princess, after two days we retreated to the MDR for breakfast. Most disappointing.

NO - I DON'T want to hear that !!!!- we will be on her for 29 days and I was looking forward to some relaxing breakfast experiences on all our sea days. Sabatini's has been Wonderful on every ship so far. What about the Crown?? We'll be on her at Christmas.

I usually give each waiter a $20 at the end of the cruise.There are usually 3 plus the head waiter.

Sorry I do not know any better, first for me in a suite. And I do like to tip when deserved, I was a waitress a long time ago and I know it is hard work. And I want to be fair.

I'm assuming that was a 7 day cruise you did $80. I have a 14 day cruise and I planned for $5 times 12 days that we would be there ($60),So that is not enough then. I will need to up that.

So on a 14 day should I give some every day or twice or only at the end.

Thanks for you help

Thanks Shogun. The more i think about the service, part of it is what you put into it. We love to talk with the staff and ask about their home country and their family and they love to tell you. Many people could care less so we WILL make it a good experience. You can also pick up some great hints as to how to get to and some great places to visit while on the islands.

I did make a request for a stawberry or banana chocolate crepe on Ruby this year, was told could only order off the menu, but got a strawberry crepe anyway. Never ordered another, but asked Hotel D' Maitre d to add a breakfast crepe or two to the menu. Upgrades and offered Sabatinis and I have to pay for my suite, oh well we love the suites.

What kind of tip did you leave if any, we will be on in a few weeks and would like to tip if it is good.

My friend and I each gave the 2 waiters $20 apiece (so they each got $40). Our cruise was for 9 days and we ate there every morning. It was a highlight of the day! My latte and her cappoccino were automatically brought to us as we sat down and we were addressed by our names each day. The waiters were so friendly.

I also loved the Poached Eggs over Potates with Hollandaise sauce! Had that twice. Once morning they made me an omelet with avocado and cheese. It was so fluffy and delicious!! The French Toast is great too, as well as the museli. OK, I have to stop. . . . I'm getting hungry. :p

What about lunch, folks?

We have a two-year-old note to ourselves, stating that Sabatini's would be open from noon to 2:00 PM for lunch.

Is that true?

Or was it true, but no longer is?

Thank you.

I think there was a brunch offered at one time (extra cost), but it didn't last long and was discontinued.

I think there was a brunch offered at one time (extra cost), but it didn't last long and was discontinued.

On our first Princess cruise on Grand in 2000,we ate lunch at Sabatini's and it was similiar to the dinner menu now offered.

My wife loves smoked salmon. While they do offer it elsewhere it is not every day. By day 3 her plate of salmon almost beat her to the table. The service is exceptional and I agree that not as many people took advantage of it as could have. We normally had breakfast around 0830 and were often the only two in the place. Never were there more than 2 other couples. The free laundry and internet are nice money savers but breakfast at Sabitinis is the ultimate suite perk. Have a 24 day Sydney to Beijing coming up next year and I'm already dreaming of breakfasts!

My wife loves smoked salmon. While they do offer it elsewhere it is not every day.

It is on the menu every morning in the main dining room.

And if you do not see it at the buffet, just ask and they will bring some to you. It is thus available there every day.

Just curious,has anyone ordered a crab meat or lobster omelet or crepe in Sabatinis? I have not noticed anyone mentioning it before.

I had several types of omelets with hollandaise on the top including crab. I did mention it the day before, so that may work for you too! They are very eager to get you what you desire, but sometimes need some time. :)

Something to keep in mind....this is only for passengers staying in the full suite, so if you have friends or family (even if they are your children) can't dine in there unless they are in the suite, and yes, they have the rooming lists for who is staying in the full suites....just thought I'd add this since it was a common question onboard

Thanks for the info in tipping.

I like egg beaters instead of real eggs. Can I get omelets made with egg beaters and like spinach and mushrooms. If I ask on the first day to have every other day.

Thanks

Thanks for the info in tipping.

I like egg beaters instead of real eggs. Can I get omelets made with egg beaters and like spinach and mushrooms. If I ask on the first day to have every other day.

Thanks

If they don't have it the first day, they will have it for you whenever you like after that, if you give them a little warning. They are willing to please with almost any request. ;)

It opens at 7:30 AM, and on port days I think it closed at 9:30 and 10 or 10:30 on sea days.

Thanks for the info. I just read every post on this thread and I am starving to death. We still have 98 days to wait before our first ever Princess cruise and this thread makes the wait even harder.

Archived