Shareholder Credit Rules

iancal

We have read a number of threads on Shareholder credit but are still a little confused on the rules. We are thinking of acquiring some CCL stock. We are also interested in the benefits of buying a future cruise and the interaction of these two with other cruise line offers. Also, do the HAL rules apply to other CCL subs such as Princess.

We always buy our cruise from an on line agent. We either buy in the cancellation window to take advantange of late deals (as we did last week for a Med cruise) or we buy outside the window and take advantage of price decreases/category increases if and as they occur. We stick to about three cruise lines and are don't really care about this as long as we get the right itinerary, price, and ship.

So, can we combine shareholder credits (whatever they may be) with the benefits of booking a cruise slot on board, with the benefits of a 'last minute' cruise offer. And finally, do all these benefits just go directly to our OBC, ie do we need to bother our TA with this. I think that some on line TA's will not accept any coupons etc. Thanks for the clarifications.

The onboard credit for stockholders owning 100 shares or greater is available on all Carnival Corporation ships. The credit is easier to obtain. Just fax proof of ownership to the fax number listed in the shareholder benefits section of the Carnival Corp website. You can easily do it yourself, no need to involve your agent. The credit is combinable with all other cruise credits and discounts. A very nice perk.

If you are thinking about buying deposits from the Future Cruise Consultant while on the cruise -- thus to get the shipboard credit -- remember that the deposit can only be for a HAL future cruise if you are on a HAL cruise. In other words -- the deposits cannot be used on another cruise line within the Carnival Corporation.

Thanks...realize the issue on future cruise credits. We tend to 'hop' around between lines so a future cruise credit many not be good for unless unless there is a decent advantage AND if it is good for more than 12 months.

The onboard credit for stockholders owning 100 shares or greater is available on all Carnival Corporation ships. The credit is easier to obtain. Just fax proof of ownership to the fax number listed in the shareholder benefits section of the Carnival Corp website. You can easily do it yourself, no need to involve your agent. The credit is combinable with all other cruise credits and discounts. A very nice perk.

This is what we do every time, we don't involve the TA. Than we call Ship Services a few weeks later to make sure they have given us credit.

Kirk

Future cruise credits are valid for four years on Princess and generate a nice on board credit which, as stated, can be combined with your CCL shareholders benefit. Not quite sure how long HAL FCC's are valid.

With the recent market volatility it may be time to "jump in".

Hi'' how many stocks do you have to buy? I figure 100 not sure was stock is but lets say 30.00. Thats a lot to invest before you you see a return. How much do you get? As you can see I only take one cruise a year if that.

Mary

You need to have 100 shares or more of Carnival stock. Last year we went on 2 back to back 14 day cruises on the Prinsendam. We received $250 for each cruise receiving $500 in OBC. That's already one sixth of what the stock will cost you, and you still have the stock in your portfolio. Hopefully the Carnival stock will go up while you continue to receive on board credit for owning it. It is a very nice perk. Yours, Naomi2

You need to have 100 shares or more of Carnival stock. Last year we went on 2 back to back 14 day cruises on the Prinsendam. We received $250 for each cruise receiving $500 in OBC. That's already one sixth of what the stock will cost you, and you still have the stock in your portfolio. Hopefully the Carnival stock will go up while you continue to receive on board credit for owning it. It is a very nice perk. Yours, Naomi2

Question: Do you know if the OBC is less for a 7-day cruise? I'm just wondering if this would be a good option for us. Thanks.

The amount of OBC's depends on the length of your cruise. I believe

for a 7 day trip = $ 50. (This is per cabin. For example, if a couple own

stock -- only one can have the OBC's applied to that cabin). If, on the

other hand, a second cabin is booked by the wife under her name == her shareholder OBC's can be applied to the second cabin.) The longer the cruise = the higher OBC's you

qualify for. You MUST own the stock at the time you are cruising.

We have RCCL stock which gave us $ 500 in OBC's for our South America trip in 2009. Until this last week --- the stock was worth about $ 1500 more than we paid --- we plan to keep it. I believe

Carnival stock pays dividends, too. Naturally, the more you cruise

-- the greater benefit in your pocket. Oh, there is NO limit on the

number of times you can receive the perks each year.

You need to have 100 shares or more of Carnival stock. Last year we went on 2 back to back 14 day cruises on the Prinsendam. We received $250 for each cruise receiving $500 in OBC.... Yours, Naomi2
Seeing these references to back to back cruises made me wonder. We are taking the 28-day round trip Panama Canal out of San Diego in November. This is also sold as two separate cruises--one eastbound, one westbound. Does that mean that our 28-day cruise would qualify for two $250 OBCs?

Seeing these references to back to back cruises made me wonder. We are taking the 28-day round trip Panama Canal out of San Diego in November. This is also sold as two separate cruises--one eastbound, one westbound. Does that mean that our 28-day cruise would qualify for two $250 OBCs?

Not in my experience. I've taken several back-to-back, and Collectors' Cruises. I have received credit for the length of the cruise starting from when I embarked, and ending when I disembarked. They were all treated as one cruise for stockholder credit purposes.

Idf you book for a 30 day cruise that is comprised of 2 , 15 day or a 12 and a 18 or any mix, you only get 1 $250 credit...not 2. I tried this year.

Now Carnival stock is a poor investment it has declined over 20% this year alone ! It pays a whopping 25 cens dividend to a low of 13 cents.

It is very very volitile.... and in this market... ????

If you bought a good dividend stock like ATT that pays $1.59 per share in dividends each year, then for the same price as 100 shares of carnival you could be getting $200 in in dividends every year plus a much more stable stock with more growth potential.... Buy good stock in the long run you win...

By booking that rather than 2 separate cruises there is a savings greater than the stockholder credit. You will get future cruise credits along with the stock credit so it's smart to buy them when on board if you plan to sail on a HAL ship in the next 4 years.

Just a bit of info: If you own RCCL stock -- and do B2B cruises like

RuthC did --- you would receive OBC's for each cruise. We did a

30 day RCCL repositioning cruise from Florida to South America and

back to California. (Actually was a 46 day trip). This consisted of

3 legs (or separate cruises) on the same ship -- Mariner of the Seas.

We had the same cabin but different booking numbers. Did have to

get off in Rio and Valpariso and go through a quick security check

before reborading. We received $ 250 for each of the first two legs we did. If we had done the entire journey == would have gotten $ 750 in OBCs. You may want to look into purchasing their stock. The benefits are also applicable to Celebrity and Azamara.

Are these boards great, or what?!

After reading this thread I decided to buy the stock. Phoned my financial advisor this morning and requested the transaction - the stock is down $2.00 today. I'll have my proof of ownership before we leave on our cruise in a few days.

I figure that since my fiance pays for the cruises, the least I could do is buy his lunchtime beer and dinnertime wine.

Archived