Room Service on Formal Night??

Eventide331

Just curious... can you order from the main dining room menu for room service? I know you can on one ship but not sure it was Holland! Just in case we are not in the mood to dress up but would still enjoy lobster:) Wow... that really sounds lazy! I really NEED a vacation!

Just curious... can you order from the main dining room menu for room service? I know you can on one ship but not sure it was Holland! Just in case we are not in the mood to dress up but would still enjoy lobster:) Wow... that really sounds lazy! I really NEED a vacation!

Yes you can order In Room Dining (Room Service) from the Main Dining Room on Formal Nights as long as you do it:

(A) Through the Concierge if you are in a Deluxe or Penthouse Verandah Suite as soon as you receive the menu in your stateroom

(B) Within 30 minutes, I believe of the MDR opening or the posting of the menu at the MDR entrance.

Joanie

definitely :D Just remember you have to do it within about 1/2 hour of when the dining room opens. Some report you need to wait until 6. I think it depends upon the ship - just check once you board:D have a great cruise:)

Now the rules for ordering have been changing from ship to ship.

Some ships won't let you call in your dinner until 6 PM.

Other ships have you place your order within the first 1/2 hour of the main dining room opening (5:15 - 5:45).

AND other ships have you place your order within 1 hour of the main dining room opening (5:15 - 6:15).

SO -- check to see what the rules are for your ship and itinerary.

The dinner menus are posted outside the main dining room at lunch time and can also be viewed in any of the bar/lounges in the afternoon.

For your information, you are NOT confined to your stateroom on formal night to dine if you choose not to play dressup on formal night! ;) You are free to dine in any venue, (think Lido & Canaletto), EXCEPT for the MDR & PG on formal night if you are not in formal dress! Also, contrary to what may be posted here on CC by some posters, you are certainly able to walk in/through any public area, dressed smart casual, on formal nights! ;) I have always done so and will continue to do so! ;)

Archived