What is the BEST cruise to take in the winter months?

dbrook34601

For those who have cruised before or can answer this question, what is the best cruise to take and where in the winter time months? One that you would be willing to do again? Thank you in advance!

ANY!!! Especially those going to the warmer locations.

THANKS EVERYONE! We live in Fla, and yes we can get some pretty darn cold snaps, last year being one of them. We do want to sail to a warm port so just was wanting to know where is great to go, not horrible weather or anything. I will look into some of those. We usaully have only sailed in the summer time (Only 3 sailings).

For those who have cruised before or can answer this question, what is the best cruise to take and where in the winter time months? One that you would be willing to do again? Thank you in advance!

The longest one you can afford! ;)

The longest one you can afford! ;)

Great answer!

Given the choice I will take southern carribbean. I just like those ports better.

Since it's usually snowing (or worse) here when we cruise, I'll take anything with sunshine! :)

Given your qualifier "One you would be willing to do again" I would agree with the South America suggestion. Now there are some cooler elements around the Horn etc.

As you live in Fla, I'd go with a Caribbean cruise (no flying) and the temps both air and water should be quiet comfortable. We've done a winter cruise (west coast Mexico) and thought it cool, windy, rougher than the Caribbean, the water cooler and beaches not as nice, either and pretty much the same for cruising the Hawaiian Islands in the winter.

We've done both Western Caribbean and Southern Caribbean cruises in the winter months. I prefer the Southern simply because I like the islands down there better. And though we have always had very nice weather in Mexico in winter, I would sail Southern Caribbean out of San Juan over and over again! :D

Definitely Southern!! We're heading out on our fourth Southern cruise in January. For a change, last year we sailed Voyager of the Seas from Galveston in January and just found it too cool on our first and last sea days. Our ports of call were warm but we felt like we "lost" a few days because of the cool weather. ;)

I'll jump on the bandwagon for Southern Caribbean leaving out of San Juan. We have done Mexico, Eastern Caribbean and Southern Caribbean all in January or February. All were great but Southern out of San Juan was the best and so far the only one we are repeating...booked Southern out of San Juan for Jan/Feb 2012 while on a Southern out of San Juan in Jan 2011!!

This is such a subjective question, it is really impossible to answer.

We cruise the Caribbean very often and through the years have probably repeated about 6 or 7 itineraries over and over again. We have done the exact one in three or four examples at least 6 times each.

We are in the process of booking a 14 day itinerary we did within the last 18 months and want to do again.

There are only so many islands to which the ships sail so if one sails often enough, they have to be repeating.

It's a shorter list of islands we either do not return to or don't leave the ship if they call there.

We do not leave the ship in Cartegena, Caracas, Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, aren't crazy about Guadeloupe. We had a nice time years ago in St. Croix but our recent visit was very disappointing. We probably would not return until they figure out how to make cruise guests welcome and handle the flow more effectively. (Cruise ships just started calling there again after a number of years of avoiding the island.)

Most other islands we like one thing or another or totally love the island. :)

Archived