Arrival of Flight for RCI cruise

215girl

I will be on the Majesty the end of this month, I have a choice of either arriving at MIA at either 8:45AM or 12:54PM, I am leaning towards the afternoon arrival only because I dont wanna wait around for the ship to be ready and I know its not gonna be ready at 9 in the morning. Any suggestions?

I will be on the Majesty the end of this month, I have a choice of either arriving at MIA at either 8:45AM or 12:54PM, I am leaning towards the afternoon arrival only because I dont wanna wait around for the ship to be ready and I know its not gonna be ready at 9 in the morning. Any suggestions?

I'd take the 8:45 arrival for a couple of reasons.

1. You could start boarding as early as 10:45. When you arrive at 8:45 ... it'll be about another :45 minutes to claim your bags then another :30 minutes to the cruise terminal. It's not really that long of a wait unless they have customs issues.

2. If your 12:54 arrival flight is delayed for any reason, you may be cutting it too close. I believe all passengers must be on-board NLT 3:45pm.

Have fun!:D

I agree with the above poster...take the 8:45...the 12:45 would be cutting it to close...until you get your bags and get to the port...plus if there is a delay with the flight (which happends way to often), you could miss your cruise...I would rather be early then late!

I concur with the other recommendations that you choose the flight that gets you in earlier. As others have said, by the time you get off the plane, collect your luggage and arrange transportation to the pier your wait until boarding normally begins should be quite short. The later flight doesn't allow much wiggle rooom if you should encounter any flight delays or other problems associated with getting from the airport to the pier.

Thanks everybody for your response, the 8:45 only had preferred seating on it and I didnt qualify so I found a flight that will get me into MIA at 11:05, I am not checking my luggage its a weekend Bahamas cruise so I will take my carry on with me.

If it is a cruise I really don't want to miss, anything on the same day is risky.

But since this is likely a simple weekend cruise, put another way, not a cruise of a life time and won't be a big loss if missed, I would take my chances.

Its impossible for me to get there the day before so this is what I have to work with so Ill be fine if not then thats what my insurance is for, I cant worry about it now, thanks again for your help.

Is your flight a nonstop from your origin city (I presume Philadelphia) to Miami? If not, can you change it to one that is? Airline travel is kind of like a machine: the fewer moving parts (flight segments) there are, the less likely something will go wrong.

Its impossible for me to get there the day before so this is what I have to work with so Ill be fine if not then thats what my insurance is for, I cant worry about it now, thanks again for your help.

Might want to double check the fine print of your travel insurance to be sure you will be covered...generally the delay has to be a certain number of hours before it will...if your delay is less than that, even if you miss your cruise it won't pay...

It is doubtful insurance would provide you with any relief as most policies require ample wiggle room before they would kick in. Hopefully your flight does not experience any significant delays and you will be fine, but as others have advised flying in same day is risky; the earlier the flight arrives the better and finding a non-stop flight is important. That you only have carry on luggage does buy you an extra 15-20 minutes of wiggle room, so that is a plus.

Thanks everybody for your response, the 8:45 only had preferred seating on it and I didnt qualify so I found a flight that will get me into MIA at 11:05, I am not checking my luggage its a weekend Bahamas cruise so I will take my carry on with me.

I agree with the others about flying in a day early. If the flight you are referring to is on Delta, you can book a flight with only preferred seats left without paying for the preferred seat. You will not be assigned a seat until you arrive at the airport, but it will probably be one of the preferred seats. Not sure how it works on the other airlines.

I certainly hope that you didn't mistype, meaning 11:50, on Delta, because on that one you connect through Cincinnati! :eek:

You sure waited until the last minute to book your flights, didn't you? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I certainly hope that you didn't mistype, meaning 11:50, on Delta, because on that one you connect through Cincinnati! :eek:

You sure waited until the last minute to book your flights, didn't you? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi Merion Mom, yeah I normally dont but I did this time and I am seeing next time I do my cruise I wont wait til the last minute. No its not Delta, I think its United but I will have to check.

I'm glad you changed to a flight earlier than 12:54pm. Occasionally a ship has departed earlier than scheduled if a tropical storm or hurricane is approaching the departure port. Besides, you are paying for the first day of the cruise, so you might as well get on the ship and enjoy it.

Archived