"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Aug 11, 2011

Radio

Thanks again Radio, looking forward to being up there next month.

Patti, what is Bud trying to hide behind that pole for? I can see him.

Hey Ron,

Witness protection program !!!?? :)

Have a good time on your NE / Canada cruise.

My husband would agree with your wife. ;)

Just one request... think you could do a live report from Allure of the Seas during the February 12, 2012 sailing? ;)

Thanks again for all the hard work you've done - wonderful LIVE reporting! And thanks to Mrs. Radio for her tolerance of "the hobby."

Perhaps you can do a live B2B report on the Allure on the February 12th and February 19th sailings..... :)

Hello everyone. . . I was able to scan all of the Cruise Compasses and have posted. Each day can be viewed HERE.

I also scanned a few other items that may come in handy. . .

The pics will be completed in a few days. . . Back to work, and all that kind of stuff.

Thanks for all of the nice comments !

Radio

;);)

Day 1 Page 1

D1P1.jpg

As you Depart

DEPART1.jpg

i am going on the cruise in November on the 9 night eastern Caribbean. what kind of food does the solarium cafe have and is it good and do you think they will ever have any other ships come into Baltimore? I went on grandeur of the seas out of Baltimore in 2004 and carnival pride in 2010 but I like RCCL better than Carnival.

Wow! I almost missed one of your Live threads, Radio! Just found it today.

Thank you for another wonderful cruise. I especially loved the photos of Bar Harbor, since that's where DH and I spent our honeymoon in 1972. We stayed at the Bar Harbor Inn, but in their "motel" wing. I sent the photo of town to DH, who is working in Texas this week. I'm trying to talk him into this cruise. I also lived in Boston for a year, right after high school, so I love going there, too.

Thanks, again!

Radio,

Many thanks for the great reports and pictures. I am just going through your posts again this afternoon (thank goodness Hurricane Isabel is finally gone, and we didn't lose power!). I am taking notes this time as we leave on the Enchantment for the same itinerary in 11-days. :)

Thanks also to all the other posters who answered questions and added commentary and helpful links. I am now much better prepared to enjoy my vacation because of you!

Marty

Radio' date='

Many thanks for the great reports and pictures. I am just going through your posts again this afternoon (thank goodness Hurricane Isabel is finally gone, and we didn't lose power!). I am taking notes this time as we leave on the Enchantment for the same itinerary in 11-days. :)

Thanks also to all the other posters who answered questions and added commentary and helpful links. I am now much better prepared to enjoy my vacation because of you!

Marty[/quote']

Irene not Isabel. If you are still having problems with Isabel than you have a HUGE problem LOL

Radio, We are traveling with people who will be using scooters and/or wheelchairs. What is your opinion of the accessibility of these ports of call for them? and did you see others on scooters making it to shore? Thanks for your reply.

Radio, We are traveling with people who will be using scooters and/or wheelchairs. What is your opinion of the accessibility of these ports of call for them? and did you see others on scooters making it to shore? Thanks for your reply.

Scooter and Wheelchairs will be no worries in Portland, Halifax, Boston, and Saint John. Bar Harbor requires a tender though. It may be a concern for a scooter.

Radio

;);)

i am going on the cruise in November on the 9 night eastern Caribbean. what kind of food does the solarium cafe have and is it good and do you think they will ever have any other ships come into Baltimore? I went on grandeur of the seas out of Baltimore in 2004 and carnival pride in 2010 but I like RCCL better than Carnival.

Obviously I am not Radio, but in the Solarium you can find pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, and fries. Sometimes you will find cake and cookies and things to drink such as ice tea, lemonade, etc.

I believe they said the Enchantment will remain in Baltimore through 2013.

Obviously I am not Radio, but in the Solarium you can find pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, and fries. Sometimes you will find cake and cookies and things to drink such as ice tea, lemonade, etc.

I believe they said the Enchantment will remain in Baltimore through 2013.

Any charge in the solarium cafe?

need to work online. how much is the charge for internet access? can you help me?

Ha ha, Thanks Stacey. . . There are several Hotspots throughout the Ship (VCL, Library, Concierge Lounge, Centrum, Deck 9, Deck 6 Conference Rooms)

I will find one that works. . . You can count on that :)

I'm sure you may see me over on FB a few times !:rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

<<< @Radio posted-American Cruise Lines, Independence joins us in Bar Harbor>>>

I looked at this ship online. Wow, 100+ pax, give or take. Im dying to go on a small ship, but oh my, you better be friends with everyone on this ship! I think it is even too small for me, unless of course it is going some place other ships can not navigate to!

Thanks, Radio for posting the picture of this (little, intimate) Ship that joined Enchantment in Bar Harbor! It was an eye opener for me!

rutgers-r-1.gif

I sailed on American Cruise Lines two years ago and thought it was awful. The crew consisted of college-aged students who seemed to care less about customer service. The food was awful - I felt like I was being served hospital cafeteria food most days. And, the average age of my shipmates was around 80. I have nothing against older folks, but this bunch was extraordinarily rude and grouchy....perhaps it was just the close quarters?! We have also sailed on the Delta Queen before she was retired and the Queen of the West. Both paddlewheel cruises were good experiences. We are leaving on 9/22 for our first BIG ship cruise (RC Enchantment) out of Baltimore. For the cost of one passenger on ACL, we were able to book two in a grand suite on RC!

Is anyone else having this problem? I cannot see any of Radio's fine photos! I always enjoy them so much... I can see other photos in this post but none of Radio's. Any ideas as to why?

yes....but, to solve the issue go to one of his posts and click the link in his signature....should say something like radio's cruise photos...it is near the bottom

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone else having this problem? I cannot see any of Radio's fine photos! I always enjoy them so much... I can see other photos in this post but none of Radio's. Any ideas as to why?

They are back now !

Radio

;);)

Archived